I prefer more flying than messing around with updates. So I hope you get sour stuff sorted out, mate.

Contrary to your statement "The coulors are bolder" I also prefer "The boulders are colored". And this is only a short hop from where you live.

vggqNSN.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Nice shot the sky colors do look very nice.

Many thanks John, glad at least you approve!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I prefer more flying than messing around with updates. So I hope you get sour stuff sorted out, mate.

Contrary to your statement "The coulors are bolder" I also prefer "The boulders are colored". And this is only a short hop from where you live.

vggqNSN.jpg

Thanks for commenting Gerold. I consider the update has been an improvement although it took longer than I anticipated as comptuers and I don't get along to well!

I think the end result has been worth it though although maybe not in this image.

I imagine this photo is somewhere in Tas, beautiful wherever it is.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

I imagine this photo is somewhere in Tas, beautiful wherever it is.

Your imagination is correct, my friend. The Bay of Fires, about 2 h drive from Lonnie airport, so a good daytrip for you...

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Your imagination is correct, my friend. The Bay of Fires, about 2 h drive from Lonnie airport, so a good daytrip for you...

Thanks Gerold, that would be a pleasant trip as I haven't been to Tas for over 30 years. More than a day though as I am 2 hours from YMML.

Nice to dream isn't it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, adambar said:

Looking good Martyn. :)  I'm in the process of installing 5.1 right now. 

Many thanks Adam. It cured one problem I had but created another as I lost all my settings and had to start from scratch!:wacko::o:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually that red on the rocks is a lichen and is indicative (so I am told) of a healthy, balanced environment. The east coast of Tasmania has many examples of this though it is especially good at Bicheno and the Bay of Fires. The bay was named by Captain Tobias Furneaux in 1773 when he noticed many Aboriginal fires on the shore. I think he also named Friendly Beaches (an absolute gem!!) as the Aboriginals were guess what, friendly.

That is the lesson of the day!

Bernie

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BernieFlyer said:

Actually that red on the rocks is a lichen and is indicative (so I am told) of a healthy, balanced environment. The east coast of Tasmania has many examples of this though it is especially good at Bicheno and the Bay of Fires. The bay was named by Captain Tobias Furneaux in 1773 when he noticed many Aboriginal fires on the shore. I think he also named Friendly Beaches (an absolute gem!!) as the Aboriginals were guess what, friendly.

Bernie

Many thanks for that Bernie.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, BernieFlyer said:

Bernie

Great lesson, Bernie, thank you!

Now, if you want to see the friendliness of the beaches - here you are. Also recommended for Martyn´s-yet-to-come trip to the east coast.

mJBginN.jpg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great lesson, Bernie, thank you!

Now, if you want to see the friendliness of the beaches - here you are. Also recommended for Martyn´s-yet-to-come trip to the east coast.

mJBginN.jpg

Now that is a good way to find good beach fishing spots Gerold and right at the bottom left of the screen looks like an ideal place to throw in a line!;)

When I was very young, a donkey ride was an enjoyable seaside adventure but now, many years later, it is a scenic flight.:)

Because of the current international travel bans, Tassie could well be on the cards.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I have flown out of Friendly Beaches strip quite a few times. It is a spectacular short flight. I have also flown myself around her lots in good old VH-FWU a Beech Musketeer Super III. Sold it a few years back and still miss it. Never mind P3D will have to suffice.

BTW, very few places in the world with sand as white and as fine as the Friendlies. I have camped at the end of that track you see under the wing. Just magic!

Bernie

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1