Iain,

I am so glad your heart issues are being addressed. I have had my pacemaker for over two years now. It has certainly given me more energy. I pray for your success with your procedure.

Greg

Edited by gregmorin
  • Like 5

Thankfully, healthcare has progressed immensely in the past decades. You are in good hands and fingers crossed that the next steps of the process will go smoothly. Take care and get well soon.

• Like 2

My thoughts are for you Iain

It is good that you have the best care in the world and they not only have worked out the issues, but also have a positive go forward plan.

All the best Sir!

Cheers

Pete

• Like 2

Just great to read some good news for a change. You must be very pleased

with your progress and the plan of attack ahead.

I am sure that with your always positive attitude and the skill of the medics

you will be a well wired chappie in no time.

Best wishes Iain and take care.

Kevin

• Like 2

Great to hear your medical issues are being seriously dealt with Iain.  I applaud your positive attitude, it really is inspirational.  Hope things are back to more or less normal in the near future.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Iain, I have a great mate who I worked with for 35 years, until we retired. I am 78, he is 75...he had a pacemaker fitted three years ago...and we play tennis every couple of weeks! Go for it Iain!

Best Wishes, Don.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good to hear that your recovery is making such good progress.

Iain, a friend of mine had a heart infarction and cardiac arrhytmia. So they implanted him a pacemaker. Now he is even able to play tennis again, just like Don's friend he mentioned above. You can really look forward to get this little device, it will raise your quality of live tremendously.

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, donbrindles said:

Iain, I have a great mate who I worked with for 35 years, until we retired. I am 78, he is 75...he had a pacemaker fitted three years ago...and we play tennis every couple of weeks! Go for it Iain!

Best Wishes, Don.

1 hour ago, wolfko said:

Good to hear that your recovery is making such good progress.

Iain, a friend of mine had a heart infarction and cardiac arrhytmia. So they implanted him a pacemaker. Now he is even able to play tennis again, just like Don's friend he mentioned above. You can really look forward to get this little device, it will raise your quality of live tremendously.

That is fantastic to hear chaps, Thank you.

cheers

Iain

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Iain

I know we're not in regular contact nowadays because I don't fly any more, so no pics.  But I just want to wish you well.  I have a friend who has a pacemaker and at 80 he was still playing golf!

Look after yourself mate and al the very best.

JohnY

• Like 1
3 hours ago, John York said:

Hi Iain

I know we're not in regular contact nowadays because I don't fly any more, so no pics.  But I just want to wish you well.  I have a friend who has a pacemaker and at 80 he was still playing golf!

Look after yourself mate and al the very best.

JohnY

Thank you very much John, its appreciated.

cheers

Iain 

In my previous profession, I visited many people who had had pace-makers installed, Without exception, they remarked on a better life after receiving one. I think you can expect good things, Iain. Best wishes to you. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Sad to hear about your medical issues Iain, but pleased that they know what it is and are going to sort you out. I will look forward to seeing some of your posts in the not too distant future. Good luck and stay safe!