Jump to content

announcement Compatibility of Orbx Landmarks London City Pack with Microsoft World Update: United Kingdom


Recommended Posts

I've just done a delete of the rolling cache, turned photogrammetry off and on again and reloaded default London, which now looks significantly better than it did 24hrs ago. It still looks a bit shabby and dirty (hey, it's London) but the post nuclear holocaust look is very much improved. There is talk on the MSFS forums about getting poor quality photogrammetry data due to overloaded servers, which is then cached on your own PC so it keeps looking bad, and this seems to have some truth to it. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We would like to provide you with an update on the recently released Microsoft World Update: United Kingdom, and how it affects our Orbx Landmarks London City Pack product.    The Microsoft

We did not have access to the UK update until it was released publicly. Agree it would have been good to start working on this earlier (we did ask to have early beta access). Personal thanks for suppo

It is currently in testing. 

Posted Images

hi ,

 

just incase I post in wrong place

 

  •  
 

how about:

  • West Ham FC
  • Tottenham Hotspur FC
  • Carlton Athelic FC
  • Brentford FC
  • Cystal Palace FC
  • Queen Park Ranger FC
  • Fulham FC
  • Royal Greenwich Observatory with the GMT Line Night Laser
  • Greenwich Cutty Sark Clipper
  • HMS Belfast  (currently missing with World Update III)
  • Few Trains lines?
  • Highbury (the Gunners OLD ground] Apartments?

Kind Regards

 

Morti

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi ,

 

just incase I post in wrong place

 

  •  
 

how about:

  • West Ham FC
  • Tottenham Hotspur FC
  • Carlton Athelic FC
  • Brentford FC
  • Cystal Palace FC
  • Queen Park Ranger FC
  • Fulham FC

     

  • Royal Greenwich Observatory with the GMT Line Night Laser
  • Greenwich Cutty Sark Clipper
  • HMS Belfast  (currently missing with World Update III)
  • Few Trains lines?
  • Highbury (the Gunners OLD ground] Apartments?
1 hour ago, foehammer506 said:

any conflicts with EGLC and MSFS update 3

Yes i get Crash to Desktop

 

Kind Regards

 

Morti

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, John Hargreaves said:

There is talk on the MSFS forums about getting poor quality photogrammetry data due to overloaded servers, which is then cached on your own PC so it keeps looking bad, and this seems to have some truth to it. 

I have Rolling cached switched off permanently and it still doesn't look good compared to PG cities in the US. The story about overloaded servers is a good point though.

So, I'm interested in the developments around Orbx London but I'm a bit deterred by the texture quality of many POI's. Will this change?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve avoided London since the update, but last night I tried Birmingham and it’s PG looked good to me (I have my settings on High) I also tried Seattle and NYC and I’m sure they are looking even better post this last update, not sure if they’ve done anything behind the scenes with these or PG in general. Just an observation. I thought I read somewhere Asobo were trying to get the PG to be displayed better (read so much it all rolls into one these days), so maybe wrong.

Edited by paulk
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was getting the odd messages.. not enough download bandwith blah blah blah would I like to turn of phootogiggery pook over London a few times....

 

I checked my download rate and it is 72plus Mbps!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they add anything in the update, I would like to see the current rotating wheel and post office tower retained as with the better lit Houses of Parliament, sort out the approach buildings to the airport, and the cable car plus the extended airport ramp. sort out HMS Belfast and I would be a happy bunny.. fancy asobo not doing the photo part at least past the airport and also not rendering those building on approach better. keep up the good work, owner of the london patch and airport.

Edited by Nutloose
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The promised "week (or less)" has come and gone with no word on progress. Any news, Orbx?

 

Note that I am not at all upset about the London Pack. I understand completely what has happened and simply would like an update. I'm sure I'll be happy with your update whenever it is released. :)

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2021 at 2:11 PM, FireRx said:

I flew Liverpool yesterday, it looked fine., Denny:)

 

I've seen issues with mixed scenery in Liverpool - missing some shops where the new MSFS scenery loaded in and some duplicated buildings and yellow submarine...  Is Digital designs as a partner looking into this? Think I cleared cache before I flew there so that should not be the issue? 

 

Thanks

 

S

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Johnnyaardvark said:

 

I've seen issues with mixed scenery in Liverpool - missing some shops where the new MSFS scenery loaded in and some duplicated buildings and yellow submarine...  Is Digital designs as a partner looking into this? Think I cleared cache before I flew there so that should not be the issue? 

 

Thanks

 

S

 

Hello

MSFS "upgraded" Liverpool airport in the last update.

You need to disable it if you want to keep Digital Design one

Just go to the official folder and search for Liverpool airport folder

Go inside that folder and put the files to off and rename that folder putting an off at the start. That's how I did it with LOWI

 

I have the impression you can disable it in the content manager (easier and faster) but I have not tried that so not sure how to do it or if it works, so I did the old school

 

 

Regards

Carlos

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2021 at 12:49 PM, Nutloose said:

If they add anything in the update, I would like to see the current rotating wheel and post office tower retained as with the better lit Houses of Parliament, sort out the approach buildings to the airport, and the cable car plus the extended airport ramp. sort out HMS Belfast and I would be a happy bunny.. fancy asobo not doing the photo part at least past the airport and also not rendering those building on approach better. keep up the good work, owner of the london patch and airport.

 

I was a little disappointed that UK update III did not do a  better Job for Greenwich observatory... Seeing as it's historically important to navigation I would have expected a bit more love... So maybe Orbx can step in here too?.  Looking forward to the Orbx London update but will have to wait until MSFS Market place gets it as bought that there (I'm now buying direct from Orbx) - sounds like I will get it... I assume for free. Will it just appear as a free download?

 

Liking the UK update but I have taken a big frame rate hit esp in London and VR is pretty much unplayable/usable in that area now on my lowish specked machine.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, carlosqr said:

 

Hello

MSFS "upgraded" Liverpool airport in the last update.

You need to disable it if you want to keep Digital Design one

Just go to the official folder and search for Liverpool airport folder

Go inside that folder and put the files to off and rename that folder putting an off at the start. That's how I did it with LOWI

 

I have the impression you can disable it in the content manager (easier and faster) but I have not tried that so not sure how to do it or if it works, so I did the old school

 

 

Regards

Carlos

Thank you. I'll have a look. Not sure you can disable via market place/content manager directly as I think it's all under the UK update. I will look in more detail though and thanks for the folder workaround. Still hope DD look at editing their addon though. I assume they can disable, remove edit local scenery in the SIM. 

 

regards, Steve

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Johnnyaardvark said:

Liking the UK update but I have taken a big frame rate hit esp in London and VR is pretty much unplayable/usable in that area now on my lowish specked machine.  

Same here, and if you glance through the official forum we're not alone. Well possible, PM off and the Orbx Landmarks may do a better job, but then you would have to deactivete all PM cities which I don't want either.

 

Kind regards, Michael

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There's nothing to touch photogrammetry when it comes to giving real living atmosphere to a city, but in every city I've flown in the sim the hero buildings all look the worse for it compared to the general city sprawl. Sometimes the custom buildings stick out clumsily such as St Paul's cathedral. The holy grail would be a seamless mix of photogrammetry and custom where the custom blends invisibly. That would improve performance too as the photo buildings clearly have far too many unnecessary polygons, hence the melted look.

The default shard building blends pretty well I think, and I really liked Orbx London when we could use it. 

I guess blending the two types of scenery is a relatively new technical problem, and devs will only get better at it, but I'm looking forward to the revised London city pack.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the removal of the Asobo Liverpool airport, no need to go hunting in the official folder.

When in Sim, go to your profile > content manager. Search for Liverpool then click on it. This will give the option to delete it. This not only clears it from the sim but frees up the disk space. If you want to add it back in, come back into the content manager and you will now have the option to install it - you will never lose access to anything you delete from the content manager and this can remove many things including other airports, aircraft, bush trips etc.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

this is all true, however following the latest update, it is widely reported and in my experience,

that MSFS silently reinstalls Asobo airports removed in that way.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to be honest Nick, I have only removed one Asobo airport and it has never been reinstalled again to date. This sim moves in mysterious ways it seems. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

I actually put a folder off can't remember which airport it was at this moment but when I launched the sim it notified me that that airport was missing that the III update has not been completed and therefore needed to be installed for all to work fine so I had to install it otherwise could not continue

Here is when I realized the items to put off are the ones inside the airport folder and not the airport folder itself

I think this sim does as Central, it checks the integrity of the structure and if something is missing it will place it back

 

Cheers

Carlos

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Donka said:

Regarding the removal of the Asobo Liverpool airport,


another simple way of turning off Asobo airports is to use the Lorby MSFS Addon Organiser tool & just double click the particular airport within the Lorby interface list - it will turn red & be deactivated.

 

works well.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

The update to London city pack, is not appearing in Orbx central, when the uk update was released I uninstalled from Orbx central, do I need to reinstall via Orbx central before the update for this software appears under the downloads tab.

Many thanks

Alex

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Axel1962 said:

Hi

The update to London city pack, is not appearing in Orbx central, when the uk update was released I uninstalled from Orbx central, do I need to reinstall via Orbx central before the update for this software appears under the downloads tab.

Many thanks

Alex

 

Hi Alex

If you had uninstall London Landmarks (as I did too before the III world Update) just install it again. Ed stated that it was not necessary the uninstall that the update will overwrite the old one but as we uninstalled it we have to install it again

Please note there is a configuration tab/menu added so check if you are using the 3rd world update or not

 

Cheers

Carlos

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had uninstalled the Asobo LOWI through the Content Manager and it was reinstalled by update 3 but it hasn't reinstalled itself silently at any other time.

So its worth checking after an update happens but it shouldn't be a problem at any other time IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 5:01 PM, Donka said:

Got to be honest Nick, I have only removed one Asobo airport and it has never been reinstalled again to date. This sim moves in mysterious ways it seems. 

Well then you are lucky, I have to delete Asobo Innsbruck after the USA and UK World Updates otherwise it clashes with the Orbx one.

Edited by dtrjones
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2021 at 10:13 PM, topcat_1952 said:

OK. Thanks. I am assuming Orbx London City is also fine following the update.

The Orbx EGLC airport is fine but I have removed London until it gets updated

 

Edited by phantomflyer
error
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, phantomflyer said:

The Orbx EGLC airport is fine but I have removed London until it gets updated

 

 

I'm running both EGLC and the London City Pack (updated) and it works perfectly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

See it's not showing one for those with London City and one without - Orbx posted last week that they are releasing two versions, so how am I supposed to know if this one right because it's the only one I can see?? As you can see, I still have it uninstalled

 

2.28.2021 16-46-36.png

Edited by phantomflyer
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, after installing London City Update, all area around the hand crafted building is flat. The Wheel is double. No custom buildings any more. I deleted the rolling catch, but this changed nothing. Any idea?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bernd Gordon said:

Hi, after installing London City Update, all area around the hand crafted building is flat. The Wheel is double. No custom buildings any more. I deleted the rolling catch, but this changed nothing. Any idea?

 

Did you choose the proper Configuration Setting, i.e. World Update III on/off in Orbx Central? (See Nick's contribution above.)

 

Kind regards, Michael

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am told the patch for London scenery/World Update 3 is now available. My Orbx London is not currently installed, the FS2020 UK update is.Where can I obtain the patch download? .......I cannot find it on Orbx Central.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

I expect that if you install the product, you will have the latest version.

Orbx Central does not notify the customer of updates to products that are not installed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I originally purchased London Landmarks on the MSFS Marketplace.  So now I'm wondering whether to wait for it to arrive in the Marketplace (how long will that take...?) or purchase the latest version from Orbx Central.  Any advantages to waiting?

 

If I go with Orbx Central, do I get charged again for the purchase I already made on Marketplace?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Orbx locked this topic
  • Orbx unpinned this topic
  • Orbx pinned and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...