Darn cool, I like the wing art also!  That guy really should give up smoking though, it could kill him! :lol:

4 hours ago, BradB said:

I'm planning on jumping on my 100th Birthday ........:rolleyes::o:lol:

Long range bucket list plans huh John! :rolleyes:

• Haha 5

When I read your headline:o I yelled: "How High" ond.?:D But then I got it. Great shots. And John, I said to my self and family I wanna jump when I reach 50. That was 23 yrs:unsure:. ago but I'll jump with you when ever you're ready.:D

• Haha 5

Had a chance a long time ago.  McGrath AK was a Bureau of Land Management Fire Fighter center and, each summer, had a cadre of smoke jumpers.  At the end of the season they taught chute packing and offered jumping lessons.  They used a Tri Pacer with the back door removed.  Brand new baby at home and didn't feel that nervy so I was a watcher rather than a doer.  Later that winter I took one of them up in my 140.  The passenger door was off and he sat sideways with his legs dangling.  Eight thousand was required for this currency jump - before leaving he handed me his cigar saying he'd collect it on the ground.  He had a large red 'X' set up on the river ice and hit it dead center.  I was on ski's and landed nearby returning his cigar.

• Upvote 3
On 1/24/2021 at 9:27 AM, olderndirt said:

Had a chance a long time ago.  McGrath AK was a Bureau of Land Management Fire Fighter center and, each summer, had a cadre of smoke jumpers.  At the end of the season they taught chute packing and offered jumping lessons.  They used a Tri Pacer with the back door removed.  Brand new baby at home and didn't feel that nervy so I was a watcher rather than a doer.  Later that winter I took one of them up in my 140.  The passenger door was off and he sat sideways with his legs dangling.  Eight thousand was required for this currency jump - before leaving he handed me his cigar saying he'd collect it on the ground.  He had a large red 'X' set up on the river ice and hit it dead center.  I was on ski's and landed nearby returning his cigar.

He had a large red 'X' set up on the river ice and hit it dead center.     Dead center , not the phrase I would use when jumping out of a plane .........:wacko::o:lol:

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Cool series & idea, OnD!

On 1/24/2021 at 6:27 PM, olderndirt said:

Wow...!

On 1/23/2021 at 9:28 PM, BradB said:

I'm planning on jumping on my 100th Birthday ........:rolleyes::o:lol:

Good idea John. Maybe you even get a discount!

• Haha 2