I see that iniBuilds has released a compatibility file for Orbx KRDD.

With that. Has anyone figured out a way to successfully port from P3d v4.5 to v5.1 or figured away out to install KRDD directly in to P3dv5.1.

I have tried to port it from 4.5 but when it is loaded there are no Orbx airport objects, it is just flat empty land with runway and taxiways showing.

If you have a fix can you post it. I deeply miss flying into Orbx KRDD.

Thanks

Randy

• Upvote 1

KRDD is not yet compatible with P3D v5 so that is why you are having problems. Orbx are probably having problems updating it.

Have a look at products on OrbxDirect website and you can see which are still not compatible.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, john548 said:

KRDD is not yet compatible with P3D v5 so that is why you are having problems. Orbx are probably having problems updating it.

Have a look at products on OrbxDirect website and you can see which are still not compatible.

Then I am confused as to why iniBuilds would create a V5.1 compatibility file for it. Someone out there has a fix for KRDD.

On 1/20/2021 at 6:38 PM, rsmith6621a said:

Neither KMBS Saginaw or KIDA Idaho Falls are v5.1 compatible  but they port over perfect from v4.5. What is so different with KRDD.

But I got them to work great in 5.1

Hello,

following some internal and unofficial testing, it seems that KRDD is not entirely compatible

with P3D v5, whether the even more unofficial fix is applied or not.

Certainly, at this stage, it is not suited to release.

I moved KIDA and KBLU over to P3D 5.1 HF 1, they seem to work ok for me.  I tried a lot of variable setups with and without other Orbx addons

KRDD is a bit more odd.  Sometimes the  buildings and details on the taxi way and runways are not there.  I restarted P3D again and started at KRDD and it was find.    That said you can try adding manually and see if it works,  (Orbx lib need to be a higher priority so move KRDD down a few levels)  If it works great, if not oh well.  I agree with Nick, its not ready for general release

I don't know why KRDD is acting odd, it's possible that the P3D v 5.1 HF 1 might have a issue because I jumped to another airport KSNA addon and all the details were gone.  I restarted P3D and repeated my actions and no problems.  So I will goof with it more tomorrow to see why this airport is being strange. I did check the airport elevation and it was correct.  I agree with others, it is a awesome addon.  

14 hours ago, Dean Salman said:

I moved KIDA and KBLU over to P3D 5.1 HF 1, they seem to work ok for me.  I tried a lot of variable setups with and without other Orbx addons

KRDD is a bit more odd.  Sometimes the  buildings and details on the taxi way and runways are not there.  I restarted P3D again and started at KRDD and it was find.    That said you can try adding manually and see if it works,  (Orbx lib need to be a higher priority so move KRDD down a few levels)  If it works great, if not oh well.  I agree with Nick, its not ready for general release

I don't know why KRDD is acting odd, it's possible that the P3D v 5.1 HF 1 might have a issue because I jumped to another airport KSNA addon and all the details were gone.  I restarted P3D and repeated my actions and no problems.  So I will goof with it more tomorrow to see why this airport is being strange. I did check the airport elevation and it was correct.  I agree with others, it is a awesome addon.  

Dean,  May I ask where you are spawning your aircraft when you start at KRDD?  If you spawn at the parking ramp, you will not see any buildings, it's true.  If you spawn at the terminal, the buildings will appear.  An interesting anomaly since the days of FSX and carried over into P3D.

I start with the plane at different places, different parking ramps.  KRDD is pretty stable right now, it always loads.   Interesting anomaly, that might explain why KSNA did that once, but 99.9 percent of the time at any airport everything loads well.  Orbx has been focusing on MSFS, I hope to add more airports in the USA, they do a good job.  I am about to get KSTS, not sure how I missed that one

• 5 weeks later...

I hope Orbx tells us more about the status of KRDD for P3Dv5. I have been waiting more than four months for an answer from them about it. KRDD is a gem and includes a USFS tanker base, the v4 version looked great. I hope KRDD v5 comes along before the next fire season LOL.

• Like 2