For those interested. Brizzies new runway doco

As a Local - a very interesting video and my thanks for the lead - 2 reasons to watch.

Maybe - if it is watched by many - all you guys internationally - might just see 

how Brisbane really is a great Cityscape and not as shown in MSFS

Now we know why it has taken Orbx so long to create a new Brissie Airport - they had to wait for it to 

be finished - and that was only 5 months ago

My plastic is ready - first day !!

P.S. - with Australia V2 and P3D V5 - you can land on it now:smile:

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 1

Very interesting doco and as a resident under the approach path for the now closed cross runway I can report two effects of the new parallel runway:

- a very quiet neighborhood for most of the day and night when flights would pass quite low overhead in short final configuration;

- but sadly unable to see the quite large variety of GA and small jet aircraft passing overhead - some of them quite rare sights (tubeliners never used the cross runway)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 3:02 PM, chumley said:

Impressive. All they need now is flights to fully recommence and utilise it.

On 1/17/2021 at 10:58 AM, TerribleT said:

Very interesting doco and as a resident under the approach path for the now closed cross runway I can report two effects of the new parallel runway:

- a very quiet neighborhood for most of the day and night when flights would pass quite low overhead in short final configuration;

- but sadly unable to see the quite large variety of GA and small jet aircraft passing overhead - some of them quite rare sights (tubeliners never used the cross runway)

Border reopens with greater Sydney on Monday so at least maybe more plane spotting :)

• Like 1