Unbelievable! Pilot was lucky surviving this crash (video)

This was a crash, not a crash landing.  Gear up, plane out of control!  Is a miracle that he survived.  The site is across the street from where my wife and I work.  The old waste disposal facility is on the south side of Spagnoli Rd, and the southern end of Old Bethpage Village Restoration, A living history museum,  where we work, is on the north side. When at work (we're closed for the winter now)  I can see the old smoke stacks of the decommissioned incinerator from outside of the front of my shop.  The area has some dense areas of housing, but Spagnoli Rd is widely spaced industrial, with a fair amount of open space.    The road runs east to west between Round Swamp Rd and NY Rt 110.  If the plane was under control there are places where it could land.  Not easily, it would be tight, but it could be done.  Especially on Sunday, there is not much traffic on Spagnoli Rd.  Incidentally, A few years ago a plane went down just a few yards east of this site, on Spagnoli Rd and Hub Dr.  Anyone curious can check this out on Bing Maps.  It is, of course, very close to KFRG, A little to the Southeast.

Ken

• Like 3