Is there a way to get ATC window to open automatically when they call? like p3d/fsx?

Also with A320 I need to fill out destination data, not sure on range for ATIS so if on live weather how to I get QNH, TEMP & WIND please? I have REX but not used it yet so maybe that's an option...

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

Is there a way to get ATC window to open automatically when they call? like p3d/fsx?

Also with A320 I need to fill out destination data, not sure on range for ATIS so if on live weather how to I get QNH, TEMP & WIND please? I have REX but not used it yet so maybe that's an option...

These are exactly the things I too would like to know.

Re. Rex, does it use Meteo Blue data in addition to Metar or just Metar. I love Meteo Blue. I love the incredible smooth weather changes and weather data outside of Metar stations it provides, rather than the abrupt changes when flying from one Metar area into another like we have in the other sims.

Edited by wolfko
6 hours ago, wain71 said:

r ATIS so if on live weather how to I get QNH, TEMP & WIND please? I have REX but not used it yet so maybe that's an option.

I assume that You use FBW mod if not You need to. There is a tutorial how to get metar data of any airport in MCDU 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, wolfko said:

Re. Rex, does it use Meteo Blue data in addition to Metar or just Metar. I love Meteo Blue. I love the incredible smooth weather changes and weather data outside of Metar stations it provides, rather than the abrupt changes when flying from one Metar area into another like we have in the other sims.

With regards to REX I can't answer as I haven't used it yet..

22 hours ago, wolfko said:

I think REX uses just metar and changes aren’t that smooth, but it’s miles better than stock where I see that it’s raining outside and stock weather engine renders just few clouds. 

• Thanks 1

Of course, I only can speak about the local area where I live. For this area the default MSFS live weather has always been exactly as it was when looking out of the window. Very impressive!  Smooth transitions are an absolute must for me. It is just great to see, how thunderstorms are building up ur how fog is growing until you are flying IMC.

And since there might be countless miles between metar stations, the weather displayed in those areas in between cannot be correct if it is only based on metar.

Edited by wolfko