Just Having Fun with Orbx Enhanced Airports!

Thanks to the Orbx team for the enhanced freeware airports! While I am running P3DV5.1HF1, the "Airport Pack" has worked fine (with one exception), and they add so much to the flying experience that the stock airports are just lifeless and dead.

I have been using Google Earth and the KMZ airport definitions to identify the enhanced airports, and lately have been flying up and down the eastern edge of the Rockies and along the Appalachian Mountains. I was in a rut flying the West Coast and New Zealand (snow bird, ya know), and this has been a great way to break out. Really terrific airports, spectacular scenery. And SNOW!  :)

Thanks!

• Like 6

I couldn't agree more.  For the last several months, when time allows, I've been visiting the towered freeware airports in Canada and the US.  There are quite a few little jewels out there if one cares to look for them.  Next on the agenda will be the non-towered airports, which will take quite a bit longer to visit all of them.

Stew

• Like 2