"Please use this forum to discuss any topic related to Orbx's products or plans, field general questions to the Orbx team, and also to discuss flight simulation, aviation and flying in general."

To whoever moved my topic on marketing strategies in flight simulation - to another forum P3D that has nothing to do

with my subject - and not even mentioned in the broad stream

I was discussing why - in my opinion -why Orbx thankfully might have listened to its customers relative to OLC Asia

as well as an appreciation of what might now happen in the industry

I was looking for comments on the philosophy

Would the person who removed the article please explain why the item was moved to a non descriptive forum

Edited by John Heaton

Hello John,

thanks for the article.

As it concerns P3D as well as your marketing strategies, I moved it to the P3D discussion forum.

It is equally visible to your perceived audience there and I am sure that if there is a reply to be made

it stands an equal chance of attracting it where it is.

As an administrator, I have tried to encourage the use of the previously neglected simulator specific

discussion forums, rather than to have just a melting pot of wide ranging opinions on all kinds of subjects,

which the General Discussion forum tends to be if left unattended.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello John,

thanks for the article.

As it concerns P3D as well as your marketing strategies, I moved it to the P3D discussion forum.

It is equally visible to your perceived audience there and I am sure that if there is a reply to be made

it stands an equal chance of attracting it where it is.

As an administrator, I have tried to encourage the use of the previously neglected simulator specific

discussion forums, rather than to have just a melting pot of wide ranging opinions on all kinds of subjects,

which the General Discussion forum tends to be if left unattended.

Hi Nick

Thankyou for your answer - and the explanation of why you thought it was better in P3D discussion

When I first wrote it - it was under the SE Asia discussion - and I decided it was a broader subject than the OLC Asia base

so I shoved it into the General Discussion - since it was primarily a forecast of the lowering influence of MSFS -

and a longer life for XP as well as P3D - and the continuing influence of Orbx in the future of the 2 products through 

such decisions as to the completion of the Global OLC and on other developers

I have been keeping the Avsim SE Asia discussion going by keeping them up to date with Ed's announcement which were

very well received over there as well as on here  - hopefully - Ed has seen their positive  discussions on the subject

However --- You have the administrator responsibilities to ensure the quality of the forum and I accept your explanation

• Thanks 1