announcement Introducing ESMS Malmö Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator!

4 minutes ago, futurebreadmachine said:

Yay, another instabuy from me! :D Having lived in Malmö for a few years this sure is awesome too!

Marcus, have you thought about making Bromma? :wub:

In any case, plånboken är förberedd! :D 

Glad to hear the excitment! :)

And yes, of course, Bromma is always on my mind :)

• Like 3
18 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Yes!

Could there be a top down shot that shows the GA airstrip in relation to the main runway?

I haven't been able to place its location.

TTM

I've attached a top-down view from Google maps where I've pointed out the 2 GA-areas.

1882180281_MalmAirportGoogleMaps-GoogleChrome2020-11-1409_30_00.thumb.png.2d34cfe8bfcfd3d227400ac3fcbbb129.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"And yes, of course, Bromma is always on my mind"

You know, I rather hear Marcus say those beautiful words than listen to Elvis sing them! This is the best FS (sort of) news I have heard in a long long time. We need ESSB badly in the sim.

Just a little request if I may :) How about just show a little love" to nearby Skå Edeby while at it? Many of us have to use this little grass field these days because of stupid real world politics.    

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lennart Jönsson said:

Marcus!

Will Malmö Sturup be available for purchase from MSFS 2020 Marketplace? Looks amazingly nice

Yes it will. But it can take a while. Microsoft has it's own QA and it slows the process. Next to that they update the Marketplace only once a week... 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pikaboo said:

Great airport, but the groundtexter around the port is really low quality and is very noticeable compared to stock and rest of airport. Will this be updated in the future?

Hey there,

What port are we talking about?

Hi! 

Meant the ESMS Malmö airport. The airport is topnotch but the fields and some groundtexter around/in the airport is really low quality (resolution) and is very noticeable compared to stock and rest of your work on the airport. Dont get me wrong its a beautiful piece of work, but it just seems off or ported from P3D and isnt up to the same quality.

50 minutes ago, Pikaboo said:

Hi! 

Meant the ESMS Malmö airport. The airport is topnotch but the fields and some groundtexter around/in the airport is really low quality (resolution) and is very noticeable compared to stock and rest of your work on the airport. Dont get me wrong its a beautiful piece of work, but it just seems off or ported from P3D and isnt up to the same quality.

Hey there!

Hm, maybe you should post a support thread about this, include some screenshots as well so we can get a better understanding of the issue.

The ground textures around the airport is at the same resolution as for the P3D version. Some taxilines or ground decals etc might at some areas be slightly lower resolution than the P3D version due to MSFS limitations of texture resolution for ground textures (currently max 15cm/px, whereas P3D doesnt have a limitation), but I don't think it was actually that noticable. Our imagery is of way better quality than the stock imagery so to experience the opposite is a bit worrying haha.

Sounds like something is not working as intended. So, to sum it up, post a support thread and we'll try to get to the bottom of that :)

Cheers,

Marcus