Why do you want to buy one? The freeware AIG package can't be beaten in my opinion. Over a thousand commercial and GA flightplans, regular updates, high quality models used, thousands of unique liveries, active support forum.

On 11/7/2020 at 5:20 PM, Ian St said:

Why do you want to buy one? The freeware AIG package can't be beaten in my opinion. Over a thousand commercial and GA flightplans, regular updates, high quality models used, thousands of unique liveries, active support forum.

Is this the one you are talking about and does it has commercial airliners in it 

AI Traffic North America General Aviation P3Dv4 From Orbx 

Flight1, UTL works outside the sim I think and operates via the addon, I have it in p3d4 and 5, I copied the addon bit between the folders....I also have the JF one, however that installs folders into various locations but works in both 4 and 5 and is fully supported....

UTL according to Avsim is working on v2....

I only have UTL installed now...

I have always thought that AIG works with the internal AI traffic engine of P3D, which results in an FPS hit when tuning the sliders to the right.

The commercial packages have own traffic engines which do not touch the sim's internal engine, meaning greater FPS?

20 hours ago, goodperson36 said:

yeah I am not really tech savvy and have no clue how to even start using AIG If thier is a tutorial on how to use this or how to install AI trafic from AIG please send me a link to it...Thanks Ian appreciate the help...

Nor am I. AIG seems a bit daunting at first, but once it is up and running it is very simple. Have a look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Z_QqKb3fw&ab_channel=TheFlightSimmer  There is also a very helpful and active forum on their website.

3 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

I have always thought that AIG works with the internal AI traffic engine of P3D, which results in an FPS hit when tuning the sliders to the right.

The commercial packages have own traffic engines which do not touch the sim's internal engine, meaning greater FPS?

I have never heard of AIG being a bigger resource drain, like for like, than other packages. The thing to bear in mind though is I currently have over a thousand flightplans installed with AIG, so that can make for a busy airport. It is easily to control the volume of AI though, for example AI Companion is a great tool.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Which AI traffic product should i buy