Jump to content

Recommended Posts

MSFS trees are by far the most realistic looking trees of any sim available Lars. The immersion of flying over MSFS forrests is second to none. 

Screenshots of trees taken from ground level while waiting for take off clearance can hardly be distinguished from real world photos.

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wolfko said:

MSFS trees are by far the most realistic looking trees of any sim available Lars. The immersion of flying over MSFS forrests is second to none. 

Agreed. I've been using MSFS as my main sim since February and I find trees are one of those areas much improved over legacy sims. While there's always room for further improvement, I think MSFS has much more urgent building lots, e.g. in the SDK, aircraft, and seasons branch.

 

Kind regards, Michael

 

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, pmb said:

Agreed. I've been using MSFS as my main sim since February and I find trees are one of those areas much improved over legacy sims. While there's always room for further improvement, I think MSFS has much more urgent building lots, e.g. in the SDK, aircraft, and seasons branch.

 

Kind regards, Michael

 

 

Yes, seasons would be great! 

I mean the snow effect is nice, actually very nice, but REAL seasons would be a treat.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wolfko said:

 

Yes, seasons would be great! 

I mean the snow effect is nice, actually very nice, but REAL seasons would be a treat.

they promised season textures in near future.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PiotrMKG said:

they promised season textures in near future.

 

They also promised the "press any key to continue" was going to removed in the most recent patch.

Edited by CageyMoose
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pmb said:

Agreed. I've been using MSFS as my main sim since February and I find trees are one of those areas much improved over legacy sims. While there's always room for further improvement, I think MSFS has much more urgent building lots, e.g. in the SDK, aircraft, and seasons branch.

This is true.

 

4 hours ago, wolfko said:

MSFS trees are by far the most realistic looking trees of any sim available Lars. The immersion of flying over MSFS forrests is second to none. 

Screenshots of trees taken from ground level while waiting for take off clearance can hardly be distinguished from real world photos.

Would you be so kind and show me a screenshot that illustrates what you claim? In all the screenshots and videos that I have seen so far the wood and the trees always looked bad, gamey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CageyMoose said:

 

They also promised the "press any key to continue" was going to removed in the most recent patch.

„Press any key to continue” is last thing on my list to be fixed in this game. BTW it was moved to Patch #5.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

In all the screenshots and videos that I have seen so far the wood and the trees always looked bad, gamey.

 

It is probably worth bearing in mind that it is in fact a game.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, PiotrMKG said:

„Press any key to continue” is last thing on my list to be fixed in this game. BTW it was moved to Patch #5.

 

Indeed. My comment was sarcasm about "promises" made and to perhaps take them with a grain of salt. Asobo are no doubt very well intentioned, though I suspect a little overwhelmed in the studio at the moment.  ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Would you be so kind and show me a screenshot that illustrates what you claim? In all the screenshots and videos that I have seen so far the wood and the trees always looked bad, gamey.

 

You have to be patient, I have to download Photoshop beforehand.:D

 

No, seriously now, I look what I can do.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chumley said:

The only bad trees are those that get dealt with alongside photogrammetry scenery. They look like melted plastic blocks. 

100% Agreed

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Captain Lars

Okay, It was a bit exeggerated that these pics could be mistaken with real world ones, but I still think the trees look darn good. I hope its not too many shots and the admins don't mind that no Orbx scenery is shown, this won't happen again. I appologize for the quality of the pics, they have been taken straight away with the printscreen button. No editing done.

 

Near Loon Creek Idaho

1287958811_MSFSC53LowerLoonCreek.thumb.jpg.b7c76ed4b711680e20a12431d1672e34.jpg

 

Paradise Valley, Black Hills, South Dakota

1684270892_TreesParadiseValley.thumb.jpg.a71aae76456e70f373d8ca33bbd3df5e.jpg

 

Paradise Valley 2

833663749_TreesParadiseValley2.thumb.jpg.1004e9b622a5e93bdf3cd139a24ea485.jpg

 

Paradise Valley 3

1917152769_TreesParadiseValley3.thumb.jpg.af45e0e9fafca9f69967c3de5d1950fd.jpg

 

Greenwood County Airport South Carolina

1295931110_TreesGreenwood.thumb.jpg.8347e6d91749537cbee51ecd9f79181f.jpg

 

Greenwod 2

731288697_TreesGreenwood2.thumb.jpg.e6f194ac3d59b6673834a448109d8d77.jpg

 

Greenwood 3

648665945_TreesGreenwood3.thumb.jpg.f027e0497f7652a40eefb3fe6414ea1b.jpg

 

Sirena Station, Costa Rice (for @carlosqr :))

 

628841927_TreesCostaRica.thumb.jpg.49c15e4fe00fe8457e28e3f74f0a9fc0.jpg

 

Sirena Station 2

215242846_TreesCostaRica2.thumb.jpg.1f268e87d0c151d13a327132bf8b7d12.jpg

 

Over Amazonia, Brasil

497639798_TreesAmazonas.thumb.jpg.0e012e2f07ceb37a2289b17086620ed6.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2020 at 5:50 AM, chumley said:

The only bad trees are those that get dealt with alongside photogrammetry scenery. They look like melted plastic blocks. 

 

True! Pretending they were some of these helps :lol::

 

 

Baum.thumb.jpg.e1c96bc97f4074e59a9da43e794024eb.jpg

Edited by wolfko
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, wolfko said:

@Captain Lars

Okay, It was a bit exeggerated that these pics could be mistaken with real world ones, but I still think the trees look darn good. I hope its not too many shots and the admins don't mind that no Orbx scenery is shown, this won't happen again. I appologize for the quality of the pics, they have been taken straight away with the printscreen button. No editing done.

 

Near Loon Creek Idaho

1287958811_MSFSC53LowerLoonCreek.thumb.jpg.b7c76ed4b711680e20a12431d1672e34.jpg

Not perfect but not bad either, though the grass looks strage.

 

22 hours ago, wolfko said:

Paradise Valley, Black Hills, South Dakota

1684270892_TreesParadiseValley.thumb.jpg.a71aae76456e70f373d8ca33bbd3df5e.jpg

I like the distant ones, the crowns to the left look very solid.

 

22 hours ago, wolfko said:

Paradise Valley 2

833663749_TreesParadiseValley2.thumb.jpg.1004e9b622a5e93bdf3cd139a24ea485.jpg

Same.

 

22 hours ago, wolfko said:

Paradise Valley 3

1917152769_TreesParadiseValley3.thumb.jpg.af45e0e9fafca9f69967c3de5d1950fd.jpg

These don't look real at all.

 

22 hours ago, wolfko said:

Greenwood County Airport South Carolina

1295931110_TreesGreenwood.thumb.jpg.8347e6d91749537cbee51ecd9f79181f.jpg

OK, not bad.

 

22 hours ago, wolfko said:

Greenwod 2

731288697_TreesGreenwood2.thumb.jpg.e6f194ac3d59b6673834a448109d8d77.jpg

Hmmm...

 

22 hours ago, wolfko said:

Sirena Station, Costa Rice (for @carlosqr :))

 

628841927_TreesCostaRica.thumb.jpg.49c15e4fe00fe8457e28e3f74f0a9fc0.jpg

Those small strips with trees around remind me much of the ones in FS9 to P3D.

 

22 hours ago, wolfko said:

Sirena Station 2

215242846_TreesCostaRica2.thumb.jpg.1f268e87d0c151d13a327132bf8b7d12.jpg

Hmm, so là là.

 

22 hours ago, wolfko said:

Over Amazonia, Brasil

497639798_TreesAmazonas.thumb.jpg.0e012e2f07ceb37a2289b17086620ed6.jpg

OK, very good, though my first impression was: Canada.

 

Thank you a lot, Wolfgang, for presenting these. I see that it is not that bad, but still could use an overhaul (there are more important things, I guess).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...