Jump to content

Friendly Flusi review of Cityscape Sydney


Recommended Posts

Guest Arctic Fox

The Sydney Cityscape is a masterpiece !

 

Detailed and accurate rendition of the inner city and Eastern coastlines. The Harbor bridge and opera house are insane.

 

All the CBD buildings accurate and highly detailed.

 

I have but one thing that I notice is missing and looks odd - the boats do not have any wakes - this would make it even more realistic.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Veriloft

I've just downloaded the Sydney Cityscape and agree the city is awesome. I note that a number of buildings around the harbour are floating which suggests there might need to be a bit more work on either correcting corresponding ground scenery levels or adjusting the base height of the buildings. I do feel that this package steps back severly when you move beyond the city into the suburbs, it is here I note that the standard MSFS scenery is far superior and more accurate. Being a local in the St George Sutherland area I note that a lot of detail has been lost. Local landmarks such as the coast between Botany bay and Cronulla, Bonna Point, Woolooware Bay foreshore, Shark Park, Gunnamatta Bay, Waratah Playing Fields, The Ridge Playing Fileds, I'm not a programmer and probably don't know the complexity of what I am asking but I would rather see that rather than totally redoing the city's surrounding suburbs the developers simply add their points of interest to MSFS's standard scenery because the MSFS scenery in these places is far more realistic and accurate (not perfect but is a far truer interpretation).. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I take it all back. Just prior to downloading Sydney Cityscape I updated FSMS and apparantly that update toggled off the Bing maps in MSFS, this affected both the qulaity of rendering and the buildings in the city. After toggling Bing back on the buildings aligned better and the local scenery returned to normal. I am back to being fully stoked in the SYdney Cityscape addon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2020 at 10:17 AM, Guest Veriloft said:

I've just downloaded the Sydney Cityscape and agree the city is awesome. I note that a number of buildings around the harbour are floating which suggests there might need to be a bit more work on either correcting corresponding ground scenery levels or adjusting the base height of the buildings. I do feel that this package steps back severly when you move beyond the city into the suburbs, it is here I note that the standard MSFS scenery is far superior and more accurate. Being a local in the St George Sutherland area I note that a lot of detail has been lost. Local landmarks such as the coast between Botany bay and Cronulla, Bonna Point, Woolooware Bay foreshore, Shark Park, Gunnamatta Bay, Waratah Playing Fields, The Ridge Playing Fileds, I'm not a programmer and probably don't know the complexity of what I am asking but I would rather see that rather than totally redoing the city's surrounding suburbs the developers simply add their points of interest to MSFS's standard scenery because the MSFS scenery in these places is far more realistic and accurate (not perfect but is a far truer interpretation).. 

I feel the same way as you (I am also from the same area) although I think the low resolution bing images of the area are to blame - I wouldn't expect Orbx to model every building/feature in the Sydney basin manually. Even up closer though to the CBD, I am disappointed with the detail along the entire coast on the Victor 1 route which is a famous VFR route in Sydney. This extends from Long Reef all the way down to Cronulla and aircraft IRL will fly this route at 500ft under controlled airspace, going below the cliffs at some points. There are floating and stretched buildings all over the place, and the cliff faces look like mash potato.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, retep292 said:

I feel the same way as you (I am also from the same area) although I think the low resolution bing images of the area are to blame - I wouldn't expect Orbx to model every building/feature in the Sydney basin manually. Even up closer though to the CBD, I am disappointed with the detail along the entire coast on the Victor 1 route which is a famous VFR route in Sydney. This extends from Long Reef all the way down to Cronulla and aircraft IRL will fly this route at 500ft under controlled airspace, going below the cliffs at some points. There are floating and stretched buildings all over the place, and the cliff faces look like mash potato.

 

The Victor One route will be attended to as soon as possible.  At the moment the MSFS coding doesn't allow the mesh to be overwritten satisfactorily but as soon as a solution is available the intention is to completely remodel the coastline where needed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, John Dow said:

 

The Victor One route will be attended to as soon as possible.  At the moment the MSFS coding doesn't allow the mesh to be overwritten satisfactorily but as soon as a solution is available the intention is to completely remodel the coastline where needed.

Thanks for clarifying :) We are definitely missing a true representation of the cliffs and coves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...