answered JetWays missing on Terminal 2 - ESSA

Hi there

Please have a look at both attached images. You see an real image and an image from ESSA Orbx. I never noticed it, but the Jetways are missing. I use Essa for a long time now and did not missed it. For now I was wondering how these missing Jetways can also be present in Orbx. Can anyone tell how and or what is causing this please?

Thanks and regards,

Ed

ESSA1.png

ESSA2.png

Hi Ed,

The jetways are actually provided through SODE.

Assuming you have an up to date version of this (v1.7.1 is the latest) run the SODE platform manager and make sure SODE is registered and active for P3D v4.

If it is check in C:\Program Data\12bPilot\SODE\xml and make sure the file ORBX_ESSA_SODE.xml is present.

Probably worth verifying files for ESSA as well.

All the best,

John

• Nick Cooper changed the title to JetWays missing on Terminal 2 - ESSA

Hi Ed,

This is what I'm seeing at gate 62 in P3D 4.5

ESSA.thumb.jpg.d9eb6cf60c391163211309a60cf34bff.jpg

In your situation I'd try the following.

First check out any other airports you have with SODE jetways to confirm that SODE is working correctly.

It's also worth looking under that Add-ons menu in the simulator. You should find SODE 1.7.1 there where you can Test dll connection which should tell you it's working okay. You can also try Reload All!

1195659697_sodemenu.jpg.bb498facfb680a20ca8b3551ee525350.jpg

If things appear to work correctly at other airports I would move the file 'ORBX_ESSA_SODE.xml' (and ORBX_ESSA_VDGS.xml if it's there) from the SODE\XML folder and the folder 'orbx_essa' from the SODE\SimObjects folder somewhere else.

Then run verify files for ESSA in Orbx central and the SODE files for ESSA should be regenerated.

I'm assuming that ORBX_ESSA_SODE.xml (and possibly ORBX_ESSA_VDGS.xml) are the only ESSA related files in the SODE\xml folder.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

John

Hi Ed,

That looks good :)

SODE works independently of the default system so ctrl+J doesn't work.

With SODE you press TAB + S (or the addons menu, sode, text menu command) and you will get a menu from which you can select the stand you want and control the docking of the jetways.

One thing I should mention that particularly effects the Swedish airports where the jetways have, in reality, less backwards/forwards motion than is normal. You may need to move your aircraft a bit to align the door with the jetway or you may find the jetway says it can't dock. This is a result of recreating the jetways correctly but that means, in the simulator, if you position things to work for one aircraft it may not work for others.

Enjoy.

All the best,

John