Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi

 

When using the Sofly Weather Preset pro my plane (CJ4 and others) start to make really strange movements from side to side during takeoff. I don't think this is turbulence, It seems more like a bug. I got a video showing this. Where to post It? 

 

Reciept number

5f821e6c8e344

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the video.

 

Which preset specifically? We don't manipulate the weather beyond what the in-sim engine provides. Perhaps we needed to tone down the velocity for some of the wind conditions to help prevent this.

 

Be great to know which preset so we can look at it.

 

Thanks

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The beauty of the presets is the ability to dive straight in and do a quick modification on a preset.  For instance the one you have shown there looks like the gusts are affecting the King Air.  If I find this happening in one of the presets I click on the wind icon in the left pane and then grab the wind speed slider and drag it back, and also the Speed(%) slider can help.  If you like your new settings you can easily save it as a new preset.  As in other sims the effects on different aircraft will show up differently, a preset that rocks the KingAir just a bit might make the airliners feel like they're in dead smooth air.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again Sofly. The worst setting for me is the "Artic Chill" and the Snow Storm (Yes I know it's a storm, but the airframe movement Just make No sense at all, Just take this clip and multiply It by 20.. Thats how bad It is) . Specificly in the Cj4 and the Longitude. It is 20 times worse then in this clip. It's like a giant hand is shaking the plane from side to side, and I die after about a Minute from "overstressing" the Airframe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

And in the Artic Chill Preset the giant hand shaking make noe sense at all, 

 

I'll try to re install the presets, because sadly I Just can enjoy a few of them. It's hard to show with a 3 sec clip tho. I'll try to upload some examples to youtube and link the wideo in this forum

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ironmaid91 said:

Hi again Sofly. The worst setting for me is the "Artic Chill" and the Snow Storm (Yes I know it's a storm, but the airframe movement Just make No sense at all, Just take this clip and multiply It by 20.. Thats how bad It is) . Specificly in the Cj4 and the Longitude. It is 20 times worse then in this clip. It's like a giant hand is shaking the plane from side to side, and I die after about a Minute from "overstressing" the Airframe. 

 

11 hours ago, Ironmaid91 said:

And in the Artic Chill Preset the giant hand shaking make noe sense at all, 

 

I'll try to re install the presets, because sadly I Just can enjoy a few of them. It's hard to show with a 3 sec clip tho. I'll try to upload some examples to youtube and link the wideo in this forum

 

Thanks for the feedback. We're currently preparing an update which will hopefully address some of these concerns. Of course, some of this behaviour may attribute to the aircraft itself, but of course, we'll do some testing in preparation.

 

Thank you

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SoFly said:

 

 

Thanks for the feedback. We're currently preparing an update which will hopefully address some of these concerns. Of course, some of this behaviour may attribute to the aircraft itself, but of course, we'll do some testing in preparation.

 

Thank you

 

 

 

Hi Again. Take a look of this Video (Youtube link). This is some of the worst buggy presets with one of my favorite planes the Cessna CJ4. I don't know if you guys got the same problems as me, but this is basically useless for flying. And to ble clear, I'm not manipulating any inputs (other then just trying to get the plane in the air) when recording this video. But if I want the presets to work, I have to start with a defult MSFS preset, and then change to a SoFly weather Preset when I'm in cruise altitude (that doesn't feel much natural). 

 

I also only have been testing these settings at ENAL (Vigra - Aalesund, Norway) and ENVA (Værnes Norway), just because the experience doesn't feel good and when live streaming my World Tour I can't use it, because it makes me look like an idot ...lol.

I also have simular problems in the King Air and in the TBM 950 (not this bad shaking in the turbo props tho) and the Citation Longitude (but that plane I dont use now anyway because of the buggy Auto Pilot).

 

But many of the settings are basically "useless" for me, as you can see in some of the worst settings the airframe is getting overstressed before I can do anything about it. And I know that It is a storm settings, but the emotions in the plane just don't make any sense to me... And believe me, I live in the west coast of Norway, I KNOW what a real storm feels like... :(

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0l4Ym2daYA&list=PLvt7U4m1vkfl14LlnmMYcHyjEDZryCITj&index=33

Edited by Ironmaid91
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a possibly obvious question... are you using the Modern flight model and the included aircraft only?  I think if you use the legacy flight model the effects are unpredictable, and the same goes for imported legacy aircraft which haven't been designed for the weather engine in this sim.

 

It takes but a minute to go into the weather once you've loaded the flight and reduce the wind speed and the gust increase sliders back, and then you can save the preset with the lower wind values with just another couple of clicks.

 

That's what I'm doing because I fly mostly the lightweight planes, if I was in a passenger liner I might find the weather effects are no more than nicely challenging.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ironmaid

 

I've been playing with the preset and I think I've got a natural feel now to the Arctic Chill in the Citation.  I've reduced the 90 degree wind shifts to about 45 degrees and halved the wind speed.  

 

If you put the attached file into your  Presets folder: (similar pathway to this)

 

AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Weather\Presets

 

it should appear as Custom WPP Arctic Chill in your weather presets. Try it and see if you like it.  It still bounces around particularly at altitude due to the terrain wind modelling in MSFS.

 

 

CustomWPPArcticChill.WPR

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2020 at 7:40 PM, Ironmaid91 said:

 

Hi Again. Take a look of this Video (Youtube link). This is some of the worst buggy presets with one of my favorite planes the Cessna CJ4. I don't know if you guys got the same problems as me, but this is basically useless for flying. And to ble clear, I'm not manipulating any inputs (other then just trying to get the plane in the air) when recording this video. But if I want the presets to work, I have to start with a defult MSFS preset, and then change to a SoFly weather Preset when I'm in cruise altitude (that doesn't feel much natural). 

 

I also only have been testing these settings at ENAL (Vigra - Aalesund, Norway) and ENVA (Værnes Norway), just because the experience doesn't feel good and when live streaming my World Tour I can't use it, because it makes me look like an idot ...lol.

I also have simular problems in the King Air and in the TBM 950 (not this bad shaking in the turbo props tho) and the Citation Longitude (but that plane I dont use now anyway because of the buggy Auto Pilot).

 

But many of the settings are basically "useless" for me, as you can see in some of the worst settings the airframe is getting overstressed before I can do anything about it. And I know that It is a storm settings, but the emotions in the plane just don't make any sense to me... And believe me, I live in the west coast of Norway, I KNOW what a real storm feels like... :(

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0l4Ym2daYA&list=PLvt7U4m1vkfl14LlnmMYcHyjEDZryCITj&index=33

 

Thanks very much.

 

We're working on an update to improve this.

 

Many thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 11:12 AM, SoFly said:

 

Thanks very much.

 

We're working on an update to improve this.

 

Many thanks

 

I understand that there also can be problems with the Simulator that is causing this, and the Presets were not that Expencive.... Still, I'm not all to impressed by this, and would maybe think twice before ordering another SoFly product in the future. At the end of the day, I payed for a product that doesn't deliver what it promised. Yes, the presets looks great, but that doesn't help a lot when I'm not able to use most of the presets.

 

Have you guys tested some of these presets In for example the CJ4, and compared the results with the video link I posted? And why can't you give any other feedback? Am I the only person having these types of problems?

I notice that in general, weather seems to be a problem in MSFS, but It doesn't better your case going dead silent about this. What is the conclution? It this a problem with MSFS? Is it a problem with the presets? Or is it a strange problem only I enconter?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ironmaid91 said:

 

I understand that there also can be problems with the Simulator that is causing this, and the Presets were not that Expencive.... Still, I'm not all to impressed by this, and would maybe think twice before ordering another SoFly product in the future. At the end of the day, I payed for a product that doesn't deliver what it promised. Yes, the presets looks great, but that doesn't help a lot when I'm not able to use most of the presets.

 

Have you guys tested some of these presets In for example the CJ4, and compared the results with the video link I posted? And why can't you give any other feedback? Am I the only person having these types of problems?

I notice that in general, weather seems to be a problem in MSFS, but It doesn't better your case going dead silent about this. What is the conclution? It this a problem with MSFS? Is it a problem with the presets? Or is it a strange problem only I enconter?

 

 

I have the presets loaded and they work quite well.  As SoFly have said they underestimated the strength of wind gusts being set to 90 degrees in some of the presets, as well as gust strength for some aircraft.  Each aircraft will behave differently, a gust that will cause one of the prop planes to yaw violently will not even be noticed by a passenger jet.

 

While Sofly are fine tuning some of the presets, it takes only a moment to go in to your weather preset and do one or all of the following for each wind layer (there are usually only up to 3 layers set):

 

Set the wind gust arrow to be within 15-30 degrees of the main wind direction.

Reduce the wind speed, especially if the value is over 10 kts or so.

Reduce the gust percentage to between 50 and 80%.

 

I did all that in less than 2 minutes for the preset in your first video in the same aircraft and I get a nice bit of air bumping as I take off without feeling like it's excessive, and I simply saved the preset under a new name and now I use that one as my preferred.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ironmaid91 said:

 

I understand that there also can be problems with the Simulator that is causing this, and the Presets were not that Expencive.... Still, I'm not all to impressed by this, and would maybe think twice before ordering another SoFly product in the future. At the end of the day, I payed for a product that doesn't deliver what it promised. Yes, the presets looks great, but that doesn't help a lot when I'm not able to use most of the presets.

 

Have you guys tested some of these presets In for example the CJ4, and compared the results with the video link I posted? And why can't you give any other feedback? Am I the only person having these types of problems?

I notice that in general, weather seems to be a problem in MSFS, but It doesn't better your case going dead silent about this. What is the conclution? It this a problem with MSFS? Is it a problem with the presets? Or is it a strange problem only I enconter?

 

Thanks for the comment. I understand there's some frustrating elements with a few of the presets and your feedback has helped us to identify some issues we have since fixed.

 

I disagree on the silence as we have responded to your comments, and others who have had feedback, as well as replying to any support tickets that have come through. Our support portal is our primary tool for feedback, but of course monitor forums and other communities too to help out and answer questions.

 

We have also announced that 1.10 is coming soon (a forum thread in the Orbx forums and also on our blog pages) which again communicates our intention to release a patch soon.

 

We have the files ready but Microsoft released a new update which we then had to test to ensure it worked. It would've been more annoying for customers had we released the patch, and for the new update to then break it so we had to issue yet another patch.

 

We are looking to conclude that testing soon and then have the installer built over the weekend, so we are planning an update early next week. But then we also have to coordinate with Orbx, and other suppliers, to ensure they can get the update out to customers in a timely fashion.

 

I know it's a cliche, but the patch will be in your hands as soon as it's ready.

 

As others have also mentioned, you can make a few simple edits yourself in the interim to ensure that it works with your specific needs.

 

Many thanks and hopefully that clarifies and answers your concerns.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing issues with this. I've spent hours troubleshooting potential yoke or rudder issues only to find Autumn Clear Skies preset was the reason behind my aircraft being violently jolted from side to side. At least I got to the bottom of it before I lost patience. MSFS has great potential but the bugs in both the core sim and add-ons  are taking the joy out of it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...