Frank Schnibben - what a talented individual. Cityscape Sydney looks absolutely stunning and the Harbour Bridge is incredible given its beautifully detailed designed pylons and steel superstructure. I’ve been simming since Bruce Artwick’s SUBLOGIC flight sim offering before Microsoft took over (~40 years ago) and this Orbx creation gets my top vote. 
And I’m guessing here, but thanks also to the Orbx team for correcting some of the coastal landscape (i.e. North Head and elsewhere) and those ugly gaps in the sea textures between South and North Head and Palm Beach and Patonga. The coastal Sydney region now looks a lot more acceptable.

Just on another point - I have not been able to get into the Microsoft FS2020 forum but hope perhaps Orbx can pass on the following to ASOBO Studio.

I’m very disappointed with the retrograde offering of the WAVE simulation that now looks rather dull and lifeless as a mill pond. Sydney Harbour when the wind arrives can be quite choppy. Apparently the WAVE simulation was a performance issue for many although for me and many others it certainly was not. ASOBO should return the WAVE simulation in its original form but have the WAVE option with an ON/OFF switch option as well as LOW, MEDIUM and HIGH settings, with the OFF setting as the sea and water is currently set in MSFS2020.

The seaplane ICON A5 aircraft is a fine model except for the missing sea wash created when landing on water. This feature was available even in FSX!

Many thanks again for a fine quality product by Orbx.
FK.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, FrankK said:

Frank Schnibben - what a talented individual. Cityscape Sydney looks absolutely stunning and the Harbour Bridge is incredible given its beautifully detailed designed pylons and steel superstructure. I’ve been simming since Bruce Artwick’s SUBLOGIC flight sim offering before Microsoft took over (~40 years ago) and this Orbx creation gets my top vote. 
And I’m guessing here, but thanks also to the Orbx team for correcting some of the coastal landscape (i.e. North Head and elsewhere) and those ugly gaps in the sea textures between South and North Head and Palm Beach and Patonga. The coastal Sydney region now looks a lot more acceptable.

Just on another point - I have not been able to get into the Microsoft FS2020 forum but hope perhaps Orbx can pass on the following to ASOBO Studio.

I’m very disappointed with the retrograde offering of the WAVE simulation that now looks rather dull and lifeless as a mill pond. Sydney Harbour when the wind arrives can be quite choppy. Apparently the WAVE simulation was a performance issue for many although for me and many others it certainly was not. ASOBO should return the WAVE simulation in its original form but have the WAVE option with an ON/OFF switch option as well as LOW, MEDIUM and HIGH settings, with the OFF setting as the sea and water is currently set in MSFS2020.

The seaplane ICON A5 aircraft is a fine model except for the missing sea wash created when landing on water. This feature was available even in FSX!

Many thanks again for a fine quality product by Orbx.
FK.

Also, the last patch or the one before broke proper interaction with the 'water' and the water rudder.  The Icon can start a turn, and then the plane just pushes forward...and you can not circle to the right...and complete the arc...and I think you can't as well as to the left.  The water rudder interaction with the water...is borked. And..before anybody says...I can turn...either direction...yeah?   Keep the rudder either way, fully extended, and see if you can complete a full 360 turn in either direction.  

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 1

I've bought Orbx Cityscape Sydney and will try it in next few hours, great price and looks really good.

As regards Icon A5, this is their first seaplane I think? pretty sure it was tacked on late just before full release, its a bit raw to be honest IMHO, this Aircraft and the whole water ground handling and visual water effect needs more work, am sure they are aware of it, but to me its quite important for the Icon and future Amphibian aircraft for FS2020 to work well on water and look realistic on water as well, static, landing, building up speed and lifting off phases, nag Asobo, if they think nobody is bothered it will get left behind, nag them constantly in a polite and persistent way about this please :)

Edited by B12
10 hours ago, B12 said:

I've bought Orbx Cityscape Sydney and will try it in next few hours, great price and looks really good.

As regards Icon A5, this is their first seaplane I think? pretty sure it was tacked on late just before full release, its a bit raw to be honest IMHO, this Aircraft and the whole water ground handling and visual water effect needs more work, am sure they are aware of it, but to me its quite important for the Icon and future Amphibian aircraft for FS2020 to work well on water and look realistic on water as well, static, landing, building up speed and lifting off phases, nag Asobo, if they think nobody is bothered it will get left behind, nag them constantly in a polite and persistent way about this please :)

I agree...and a great water physical interaction can be had.   One of the main pleasures is for myself to operate sea plane,  in P3D v5.1...and not only do you see fabulous wake optics, and great water/rudder physics...but they added a prop wash, for when you just lift off, or are about to land...you see a water blast skimming just under your airplane's belly, and not even 'touching' the water or waves in  nVidia WaterWorks Engine v2.0, so...all of that can be realized also in MSFS...and hope it does.  For immersion,  to land on the very lake you have a family cottage or like to R.V. camp on...and to water taxi to the very marina or beach....needs to have a water craft, that will properly interact within MSFS's world.   This is a big one for me...!  Cheers,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1