Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Agreed, It is a fantastic piece of work!  Just one piece of feedback though.  I know this is an aviation sin/crime in real life...but that bridge is so beautiful in the simulator and it just begs to be flown under.  I presume this is a limitation with Asobo, but upon attempting the fly under this morning, it just resulted in the standard 'you crashed' black screen of doom!  A really minor issue, and not to take away from the overall package which is a work of art :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Frank Schnibben said:

Hi guys, I'm glad you like it :)

 

There will definitely be a SP with many more features added. In any case you will be able to fly under the bridge pretty soon.

Thanks for the response Frank, and thanks/well done for a comprehensive and stunning piece of work!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

In this fantastic video it seems that Harbour Bridge is already flyable:

 

Thanks Gerold.  Believe it or not, but it was this exact video that tempted me to have an attempt to fly under the bridge in the first place :-)  Seems the functionality is dependent on a SP as per Frank's comments...Let's all wait for that in a future update.  For now I am just going to enjoy the city from a 'safe' height :-)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a couple of issues approaching from the north. Ground textures were very bad , worse than default. The sim crashed a few miles out from the CBD. This was repeatable ,  afterburner shows plenty of headroom in RAM and CPU , framerates are acceptable. I can count on one hand the amount of game crashes I have had in over 100 hours of gameplay so far so I'm not one of the users with constant issues.
This is the only Orbx product I have used with MSFS. Do I need to have Orbx central open when flying ? I installed to a new folder on a seperate drive rather than the default location. Could this be the issue ? 
I had a freeware version of Sydney installed in the community folder but deleted it before running the sim tonight. Do I need to clear the rolling cache ? Any advice appreciated.

copy2.bmp

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, AndyWsays said:

Thanks Gerold.  Believe it or not, but it was this exact video that tempted me to have an attempt to fly under the bridge in the first place :-)  Seems the functionality is dependent on a SP as per Frank's comments...Let's all wait for that in a future update.  For now I am just going to enjoy the city from a 'safe' height :-)

If you urge to see the bridge from "down under", here you have a picture I have taken on a flight last year:

vmfduyP.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, spinner said:

Do I need to have Orbx central open when flying ? I installed to a new folder on a seperate drive rather than the default location. Could this be the issue ?

There's no need for keeping Orbx Central open when flying. However, your separate drive, is it SSD or HDD? Do you have other MSFS addons like freeware with orthos (satellite ground images) installed on that drive without problems?

 

I just took a few rounds in the area to be seen on your screenshot and it looks ok to me - no crash with crash detection on and the ortho loads fine (I'm running MSFS on a laptop with a GTX1080). I don't think the freeware Sydney scenery is the culprit here if you have removed it from the Community folder.

 

201009_Sydney_MSFS_61.thumb.jpg.143a9a205d39e87556fb4990619805fa.jpg

 

31 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

if you urge to see the bridge from "down under", here you have a picture I have taken on a flight last year:

 

Ferry flight I assume? Great picture btw. ! :)

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing!

 

I spotted where the ABC is on Harris St using the drone camera-even though the building is more of a generic model and not a custom one and the Harbour Bridge modelling is so stunning-unreal!

 

Impressed by the improvements to night lighting-especially to the Opera House.

Edited by AnthonyS
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

If you urge to see the bridge from "down under", here you have a picture I have taken on a flight last year:

 

 

if you think flying under the bridge is difficult - try a Cruise ship:o

P1010172.JPG

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent !!

Just wondering ,when can we see proper roads and moving vehicles on roads and bridges with their headlights /tail lights visible from above during night time?? 

This feature implementation will bring life to this beautiful scenery and really make this look as realistic as possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bbking said:

floating buildings

Did you turn Bing data off? In that case only a very low-res mesh is loaded. For the time being (ie until it will be possible to add custom mesh) the building models only fit properly with Bing data on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Frank Schnibben said:

There's no need for keeping Orbx Central open when flying. However, your separate drive, is it SSD or HDD? Do you have other MSFS addons like freeware with orthos (satellite ground images) installed on that drive without problems?

 

I just took a few rounds in the area to be seen on your screenshot and it looks ok to me - no crash with crash detection on and the ortho loads fine (I'm running MSFS on a laptop with a GTX1080). I don't think the freeware Sydney scenery is the culprit here if you have removed it from the Community folder.

 

201009_Sydney_MSFS_61.thumb.jpg.143a9a205d39e87556fb4990619805fa.jpg

 

 

Ferry flight I assume? Great picture btw. ! :)

I got it sorted. Uninstalled Orbx Sydney , started the game , deleted rolling cache then allowed it to rebuild. Closed game , reinstalled Orbx Sydney in the suggested default location and all is well. Not sure what the culprit was , may have been a combination of elements. All drives are SSDs FWIW. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all! I must say it's great to see you posting in this thread - Ed, Frank and team! The work you and the team have put in here speaks for itself! There is hundreds and hundreds of hours of model and SDK work here. I can see it.

 

I do have one question: Do you guys understand package priority load and exclusions for the community folder?

 

As a spare-time modeler, I will never be able to model as much landscape as you guys so I've bought your pack and it sings!, but my own Anzac Bridge scratch model on the left now doubles against yours in-game.

 

We have probably both built polygon exclusions in the same location. So the game is recognising both given they are active in content.xml and sitting in the Community folder.

 

Any suggestions for how we can co-exist? I want to support you guys, but also leverage community custom work. This is likely an Asobo issue but if you guys have any internal comms to probe it might help?,

 

I think Asobo may need a sequencing/priority system. As this could hurt Orbx and all community modders alike as we all grow in the ecosystem. :(

 

Let me know if any thoughts? I realise this is an odd post, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

 

Thanks again, and keep up the amazing work.

jyaEBdk.jpg

mjqkjlT.jpg

Edited by Oh_Gaz
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Fidgetyflyer said:

Excellent !!

Just wondering ,when can we see proper roads and moving vehicles on roads and bridges with their headlights /tail lights visible from above during night time?? 

This feature implementation will bring life to this beautiful scenery and really make this look as realistic as possible.

 

Hi Frank,

 

Do u have any info on this?

I know currently Asobo doesn't have this implemented properly. But is it possible to implement this feature in the current sdk by 3rd party devs? Could we possibly see these features in the future updates to this cityscape ?

 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
I've just flown over Sydney in HDR10 on an OLED.
Time 7:00 p.m., the sun was just setting in a beautiful sunset. The city was already lit up.
It was a breathtaking sight.
A fantastic scenery, thank you Orbx

Unfortunately, I have not yet managed to create appropriate pictures in HDR10 mode.

Flying in HDR10 is a feast for the eyes, unfortunately without the corresponding possibility to document it with pictures.
 

 

Edited by Tauro
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

It is already possible to fly under bridges including this one. You need to ensure that in Options/Assistance/Failure & Damage that all the Damage options are Disabled:

Capture.thumb.JPG.722152fc5baab832ef41700d07908f3f.JPG

Capture1.thumb.JPG.f0b8040f99c42cd0958268a0ddea9113.JPG

Thanks Jon, this is very useful thanks! Sydney Harbour bridge here I come...Let the reckless aviation commence!

Edited by AndyWsays
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...