Hi all, 

I feel like a broken record with those ( I think only the old guys will get the simile :-)), but I am having layering problems again with PAGY AND PAKT, and now a new issue with PSIT.

Yes, they are all within the SAK region, and I think that is the cause. Following previous advice, I uninstalled and then reactivated SAK, did the same with the libraries, used the sync tool in Orbx CENTRAL  and ran a full Vector scan. 

Here are some before and after pix

PAGY WITH SAK

LEBL5MM.jpg

PAGY WITHOUT SAK

zHA0FHG.jpg

PAKT WITH SAK

HiDo4BY.jpg

PASI WITH SAK

XdU6mJx.jpg

I don't have a picture, but PASI is fine without SAK

So, having tried the above solutions, what is left to do?  Is this a layering problem, perhaps having to do with SAK positioning? Thanks for the wisdom of the Forum

Sherm

Edited by shermank
image change

Hi Larry,

Those airports cannot be individual adjusted in Vector...running the full AEC program has no effect. This one really has me puzzled, especially since I went through this once before and solved the issue by uninstalling and then reinstalling SAK at the suggestion of Nick Cooper, who really knows all the bells and whistles. But, this time, no go...still stuck with the bad layers. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sherm

Hi AQ....I wish mine looked that way. I am using V4.5 with the latest HFs...I am not booted, but the version, as I recall, ends in xx98....perhaps, I can reinstall the hotfix, or some such...short of a total reinstall of P3D.....but, clearly, just reinstalling SAK does not do it for me. Thanks for getting me to think in a different direction.

Sherm

What is the actual version number though?

Another thing that can cause issues is airport clash.

I use Little Nav Map to identify the files that are being used for an airport and then follow a process of elimination to see if any of the files are likely suspects.

Cheers QA

10 hours ago, Quantum Amiga said:

What is the actual version number though?

Another thing that can cause issues is airport clash.

I use Little Nav Map to identify the files that are being used for an airport and then follow a process of elimination to see if any of the files are likely suspects.

Cheers QA

Hi again, AQ....my version is the last update for v4.5   Prepar3D_v4_Academic_4.5.14.34698. I have some time and will try a repair of components, especially scenery to see if that will solve my issue short of a total uninstall and reinstallation. As for your LNM suggestion, this is what I discovered

Default Terrain
C:\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\ADE_FTX_SAK_PAGY_elevation_adjustment.BGL (file not found)

0101 Base
C:\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0101\scenery\APX11100.bgl
FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY
C:\Prepar3D v4\Orbx\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_SAK_PAGY.BGL (file not found)

As for PAKT

Default Terrain
C:\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_elevation_adjustment.BGL (file not found)

So, now, how do I go repairing this and restoring the missing files?

Sherm

Edited by shermank

for the record, I have solved this problem and the cause was not any of the usual suspects. I had some add on scenery that evidently messed with scenery layering. I deleted that scenery package, and all is normal at all airports in SAK. 

Sherm

• Thanks 1