I kind word from you would be appreciated.

Just an hello guys.

You have been the boss for so many years and now... you vanished ?

Honestly I miss your post.

Orbx is all about you men...

Are you tired and had it?

I would fully understand.

Read that, over the years a did a lot of video about your product, probably that 1/4 of your product have a video of mine on your product page, and it was just for pure fun.

Tell us a story JV.. miss you men

Benny

• Like 9

Nice to hear from you JV and also to see the much fitter, slimmer looking version of you. Wish you and your family all the best in your sabbatical and during these particularly challenging times.

• Like 2

Thanks Benny and John. Great to see that all is well. We are all very excited about the new sim, as well as the existing sims that continue to develop. Amazing how flightsim has progressed in little more than 2 decades not least thanks to the visionary Orbx products under your leadership that we continue to enjoy. Stay safe all, and John have a lovely year off with the family, even if once in a while touching base with the company and this forum. I am sure Anna and the team will continue to develop and grow Orbx into the future.

I was beginning to wonder myself but am delighted to see and hear that you are well.

Good luck in all that you are doing and may you and your family keep safe during these troubled times.

P.S if you ever should hit Dublin, give me a bell and I'll get you the best pint in the city!!!

John.

• Like 1

Very refreshing post John

Great to know about the plans for the sims

It is indeed good to look after ourselves at certain point, make that stop and reload.

Best wishes!

Carlos

• Like 2

Jeeze - your'e looking good JV - good to see you dropped the head band.:rolleyes:

With your Marketing background - you will know that there are many of us who have been around for a long time 

and who just hope that the newer team have learnt what it means to be one of "The Family" - and the market

that was there before MSFS - especially P3D - has not vanished

• Like 1

Thanks to Benny and John. This indeed refreshes the feeling of being part of an "Orbx family".

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

you can be proud of what Orbx provides ‘in spades’ to the flight sim community, John

the Orbx e-commerce platform is second to none - never had an issue - & in fact, makes me feel part of a very large family,

take care of yourself & ‘smell the roses’!

• Like 1

Looking superb there JV.. Glad all is well with you.. 

All at Orbx can be very proud of what they do. It's usually my first and only place for scenery addons. 

Best of luck with your year out. 

Stay safe 

Looking good, JV!   It is a great to hear from the founder now and then.  Have a relaxing break!   Thanks Benny for inviting JV to give us all a Hello!

Rod 

• Like 1

Great to hear from you, JV! Congrats on your weight loss. Continue  to enjoy your well-deserved time off. Glad to know you are still heavily involved in the company and have a big financial stake in its success. Cheers!

John

I could do with a loss of over 50 pounds....my wife wouldn't recognize me...she'd think she was entering into an affair!  Great to read your post.  Enjoy life..as we see you intend to!

• Haha 4

Great to hear from you JV, and kudo to Benny for reaching out! And, like other, I congratulate and commend you on the lifestyle changes. I am a firm believer in living a healthy life. Great to see and hear from you!

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Great to hear from you JV, and kudo to Benny for reaching out! And, like other, I congratulate and commend you on the lifestyle changes. I am a firm believer in living a healthy life. Great to see and hear from you!

I couldn't have said it better, so +1 from me :)

Thank you Benny @Benny for starting this.

And JV you cut a fine figure now Sir!

I know how hard it is to do what you have accomplished - well done Sir!

And the best part - I found . After many years I actually now wear out my pants rather than having them shrink on me:rolleyes:

Cheers & all the best 

Pete

15 hours ago, John Venema said:

But as with many things, sometimes you need to recognise your own limitations and allow your ‘baby’ to grow up and spread its wings and mature into something much bigger than what it would have been if we’d remained a small family company as we were for the first 15 years.

JV I salute you for the above comment. For me you will always be the father of Orbx. You look a picture of health. There is not a person on earth who hasn’t been effected by 2020. Stay safe and continue to stay healthy and happy.

• Like 1

Wow what a fantastic read. Thanks JV, without Orbx I would have never have got into flight simming. I still remember flipping through my Dads PC Pilot when I was bored one day, seeing a review of Innsbruck for P3D and thinking, I might try that.... 

• Like 1

Thank you Benny for starting the topic and thank you John  for Orbx.

I am a customer since 2008 and had/having so much fun with Orbx Products. 

FSX, P3D V1-4.5, X-Plane and now MSFS. I spend so much time and have so much fun with your addons.

That was and is every penny worth. 

Take the time and relax. I hope that we all have a lot of years together with you and your team.

Kind regards

• Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 1:33 AM, John Venema said:

But as with many things, sometimes you need to recognise your own limitations and allow your ‘baby’ to grow up and spread its wings and mature into something much bigger than what it would have been if we’d remained a small family company as we were for the first 15 years

Great read guys!

Yes John, you have a lot to be proud of and as you state above, times arise when you need to make tough decisions. Looks like it is all for the good as MSFS has injected significant energy into the hobby. All the best in your new adventures! Great pic by the way! Looking very dapper!

Edited by Laurie Doering