Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all. After our first fresh start 2021 thread ran out of gas, popular request has built for a successor. So here we go. Again, please bring a light spirit and smart-ass grin to share with others of a similar sort. As before, I will pledge to check each day and respond to all who participate so at least you know that someone cares. 

 

MEANINGLESS TOPIC FOR COVID TIMES: what makes the best hand sanitizer--(1) beer

                                                                                                                                                                      (2) whiskey

                                                                                                                                                                      (3) vodka

                                                                                                                                                                      (4) gin

Entries must be sober enough to read. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I´d vote for Whisky. Scotch, for sure, oral application. Use the appropriate amount so that you won´t be able to touch anything that might be potentially contaminated viral or bacterial. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

I would use vodka or gin, as I would never want to waste beer or whiskey ;) 

Hey Sniper31. Plus folks wouldn't smell it on you as easily? :)

 

12 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I´d vote for Whisky. Scotch, for sure, oral application. Use the appropriate amount so that you won´t be able to touch anything that might be potentially contaminated viral or bacterial. 

HI Stillwater. Now there's a man who thinks ahead!

 

1 hour ago, Ripcord said:

 

sound judgement in my view.

Hi Ripcord. You can always count on Sniper31 to have a reliable opinion. ;)

  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

hi roger,

 here we go again with another bit of nonsense,

well I don't know about beer although I have been told its good for cleaning drains,

As for gin the only supply in this house is owned by "she who must be obeyed" so I can't try that one.

For vodka, the best comes from Poland where it is called Wodka, the 120 proof is the best, not only does it sanitize your hands but it embalms your arms up to your thoat.

Which leaves whisky. As there are two sorts ( blended & malt) the differenceis quite profound. there are about 3500 different makes of whisky but the best come from the Scottish Isles.  Drink a little & rub some on your hands you get a warm glow in the stomach  & tingles in your fingers,

Drink more & your brain wonders what your mouth is saying, Drink to excess & 24hrs later you wonder where you are & how you got there, ( conclusion ) you are sanitized all over so whisky gets my vote.

 regards.

 Now how the devil do i get home & explain where I have been these last 24hrs.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robrooke said:

hi roger,

 here we go again with another bit of nonsense,

well I don't know about beer although I have been told its good for cleaning drains,

As for gin the only supply in this house is owned by "she who must be obeyed" so I can't try that one.

For vodka, the best comes from Poland where it is called Wodka, the 120 proof is the best, not only does it sanitize your hands but it embalms your arms up to your thoat.

Which leaves whisky. As there are two sorts ( blended & malt) the differenceis quite profound. there are about 3500 different makes of whisky but the best come from the Scottish Isles.  Drink a little & rub some on your hands you get a warm glow in the stomach  & tingles in your fingers,

Drink more & your brain wonders what your mouth is saying, Drink to excess & 24hrs later you wonder where you are & how you got there, ( conclusion ) you are sanitized all over so whisky gets my vote.

 regards.

 Now how the devil do i get home & explain where I have been these last 24hrs.

Hey robrooke. I'm wondering how you know all this? :D As for the excused absence, this thread will provide written cover free of charge upon request. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just can't stand the taste of any alcoholic drink and having had some years ago, don't like what it does to me anyway.  Lemonade and tea are my drinks although not together! ugh.

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JohnY said:

I just can't stand the taste of any alcoholic drink and having had some years ago, don't like what it does to me anyway.  Lemonade and tea are my drinks although not together! ugh.

Hi John. Sip that tea and enjoy the sights of Minehead?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Without doubt a good single-malt scotch whiskey is best. I prefer the 40-year old Bunnahabhain but, as it's rather hard to find, the 25 year-old will also do.

Edited by W2DR
kant spel
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, W2DR said:

Without doubt a good single-malt scotch whiskey is best. I prefer the 40-year old Bunnahabhain but, as it's rather hard to find, the 25 year-old will also do.

Hi W2DR. That's got to be the classiest hand-sanitizer ever!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all

Time for this week's Meaningless Topic for discussion. I am being self-centered with this one because I'm going in for hip-replacement tomorrow and want to feel sorry for myself. 

 

Many folks here are of a stage in life where they have had parts replaced. So this week's Meaningless Topic is--

 

WHAT REPLACEMENT IS HARDEST?  -- (1) hip

                                                                                   (2) knee

                                                                                   (3) shoulder

                                                                                   (4) Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

As always, the best answers will receive nothing whatsoever.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hi W2DR. That's got to be the classiest hand-sanitizer ever!

And the best part is.....if you can find a bottle of the 40 it's only USD$2200.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hi all

Time for this week's Meaningless Topic for discussion. I am being self-centered with this one because I'm going in for hip-replacement tomorrow and want to feel sorry for myself. 

 

Many folks here are of a stage in life where they have had parts replaced. So this week's Meaningless Topic is--

 

WHAT REPLACEMENT IS HARDEST?  -- (1) hip

                                                                                   (2) knee

                                                                                   (3) shoulder

                                                                                   (4) Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

As always, the best answers will receive nothing whatsoever.

4 is easy for me to replace, because I don´t use it.

1 has meanwhile become quite the routine, I know many successful users.

2 is a bit more complicated, but also works.

3 is my choice. I do not know anything about that.

 

Good luck with your number 1 today, Rodger, and keep us smiling!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've not yet really got the hang of this forum but 4 is my choice because like stillwater I don't intend to get it.  Already had the hip replacement (steel on steel) and worn it out but at my age a revision would kill me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2020 at 10:12 AM, Stillwater said:

4 is easy for me to replace, because I don´t use it.

1 has meanwhile become quite the routine, I know many successful users.

2 is a bit more complicated, but also works.

3 is my choice. I do not know anything about that.

Good luck with your number 1 today, Rodger, and keep us smiling!

Hey Stillwater. All went well and I'm home again. Thanks for the good wishes. As for your ranking--put your shoulder to the wheel and tell us how it turns out. ;)

 

13 hours ago, JohnY said:

I've not yet really got the hang of this forum but 4 is my choice because like stillwater I don't intend to get it.  Already had the hip replacement (steel on steel) and worn it out but at my age a revision would kill me.

Hi John. On the other hand, your kind comments helped me get through this latest. You're doing something right, my friend.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...