Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Welcome to TrueEarth Southern California for P3Dv4+

 

Combining thousands of hours of development over the course of the TrueEarth Series, we reach our destination of Southern California and therefore completing the west coast USA. Our TrueEarth series represents innovative technology combined with relentless hard work to provide a truly realistic representation of the area. Combining satellite imagery, hand-crafted modelling and extensive research, TrueEarth Southern California gives you an unique experience from the comfort of your home.

 

Orbx TrueEarth Southern California is the perfect place to start if you’re looking to fly online in a VFR environment to educate or to socialise. With unparalleled detail thanks to millions of accurately placed buildings, trees, bridges and more, you can follow instructions and charts perfectly. For those looking to jump between Los Angeles and San Diego, or any of the other cities in the region, pilots will love the stunning terrain below them and those mesmerizing final moments on approach to any number of airports in Southern California.

 

Some highlights to checkout in the inland areas of Southern California are Death Valley, the massive Edwards AFB and Palm Springs or if you prefer ocean breezes, explore places like Santa Barbara or Santa Catalina Island.

 

Pilots of all types love flying in the area thanks to the stunning landscapes, incredible waterfronts and the numerous harbours, beaches and docks that make up the coast of Southern California and the many urban environments. You won’t find a more comprehensive Californian  flying experience anywhere!

 

Features

 

  • Over 79,000 square miles (205,529 km²) of crisp aerial imagery
  • 767 custom-modeled 3D POIs!
  • Over 65 million accurately placed trees
  • More than 11 million buildings
  • VFR landmarks such as masts, wind farms, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed
  • Includes 10-meter mesh
  • Watermasking along the entire coastline and most rivers and lakes
  • Beautiful summer imagery with exquisite night-lighting

 

 

GLz9wDg.jpg

 

 

Enjoy these first preview screenshots!

 

63-c3de052c57d9f04ff331643b73286d7e.jpg

 

63-8c1ace9064aa4bfd79a3eec939a5ef8c.jpg

 

63-608c82451c9e6b86485f7db957d50bae.jpg

 

63-26052ea2eab7cef628babda07210e528.jpg

 

63-7c720cbcbe0cabb3ebe883f017609b24.jpg

 

63-4c15315105f23520b9d0fef2acafa19b.jpg

 

 

63-0e3515c56ad9d2e93c7c52fcf0397f64.jpg

 

63-5c987d90e92bac17821b3a2546a1b284.jpg

 

63-7ea1d58222e0318c6e02a2d3413c4e0a.jpg

 

63-696347c3c0637d2fe6741cb1339127d5.jpg

 

63-881ef1b0fc0d2701ad630b99225b4b4e.jpg

 

63-30d045847748d819bbe67c1a6bcffad8.jpg

 

63-ea831f2253923dd4f95696c0ce2890a3.jpg

 

63-c597bde7edfd817c954cfa2d39611531.jpg

 

63-391517dfed1b7bfb2c8da583931151a5.jpg

 

63-b1f7b74ae02b989dd4e7ab1a2f3167c5.jpg

 

63-59be8c060f416e195263a2bfd4000345.jpg

 

63-d7dce63e1810f313010137dd585ba78d.jpg

 

63-a8fd8760bbb2e8c0eee869de8ab628bb.jpg

 

63-8e50dd62f784a082bd4acf710235355a.jpg

 

63-0caae67ff7f5831b491da2fe4cab3ed4.jpg

 

63-1cae92794e634b9aeb8f2d263189ca43.jpg

 

63-c46d17531e53e3967e322991120af53f.jpg

 

63-34d89b346c2956e423e61ce3c5a1fe98.jpg

 

63-67594773b4ab21abcc61e51d7f1a6cea.jpg

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

These look amazing indeed

I like a lot more these terrain colors than the orange ones of North California and the bot pale of Florida

I think I'll buy it when I can afford it.

Cheers

Carlos

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

How will this scenery work with Orbx's Burbank? Burbank contains a large (but lower res) photo area of the San Fernando valley. Will installation of TrueEarth SoCal disable that so the TrueEarth photo scenery is utilised? 

 

Also are the default airports in the region area adjusted so their layout aligns with the photo scenery?

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, vbazillio said:

It was maybe the product I would expect the more... Unfortunately I don't have any Prepar3D installation ;) Too late !

Missing out,  go buy the academic version, it's the cheapest full functioned sim out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mawson said:

Missing out,  go buy the academic version, it's the cheapest full functioned sim out there.

 

Just one off-topic post I still have a Prepar3D 5 Pro version. But didn't re-install it since the 18th of August. Just a matter of personal simulation usage. MSFS, so far, with all its default, match why I'm expecting from a PC sim. Surely doesn't match all simmers expectation.

Anyway, back to True Earth SOCAL for P3D : I hope for all future customers that the overall color will be less red-ish than TrueEarth Norcal. I was disapointed.

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

 

Just one off-topic post I still have a Prepar3D 5 Pro version. But didn't re-install it since the 18th of August. Just a matter of personal simulation usage. MSFS, so far, with all its default, match why I'm expecting from a PC sim. Surely doesn't match all simmers expectation.

Anyway, back to True Earth SOCAL for P3D : I hope for all future customers that the overall color will be less red-ish than TrueEarth Norcal. I was disapointed.

I have shelved MSFS for 12 months as it lacks a lot of features and I guess we will see how P3D improves over the next 12 months as well. I will be buying this as soon as it drops.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cyclone1 said:

Will this be the last TE for P3D?


Last one for US-based scenery it appears.
Quote from their Facebook post:
 

Quote

The final addition in our range of TrueEarth US regions for P3D is coming soon to OrbxDirect, completing the west coast USA.


The Balearic Islands were released for XP, so we could see those appear in P3D.
I suppose it depends on just how many people are like me and will buy TE SoCal, and whether its worth Orbx devoting developer time to any more TE products when the MSFS market appears to be so much bigger.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news!  I too would like to know if all of the Southern Cal payware airports including Burbank for P3Dv5 will fit in seamlessly with TE US Southern California for P3Dv4+.  Thanks.

 

Rod

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2020 at 5:52 AM, Mawson said:

I have shelved MSFS for 12 months as it lacks a lot of features and I guess we will see how P3D improves over the next 12 months as well. I will be buying this as soon as it drops.

I'm sort of doing the same thing as you.  Before MSFS came out, I all but saw (through the leaked shots and forum hype) that I most likely was not going to invest in any further P3D titles. This morning, after thinking about a few things, regarding MSFS (current state and needed usage of the Azure Cloud), I have done a 180 on that decision. I'm now open to any and all P3D titles...current, or being developed.  I thought that MSFS would be my prime sim...but at current state of affairs, that place is now once more, taken up with P3D v5.x  I wish MSFS good winds..and fair breezes.  I'm now really excited for True Sky to be fully implemented in P3D v5!   So looking forward to that day!

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orbx Flyer said:

I'm sort of doing the same thing as you.  Before MSFS came out, I all but saw (through the leaked shots and forum hype) that I most likely was not going to invest in any further P3D titles. This morning, after thinking about a few things, regarding MSFS (current state and needed usage of the Azure Cloud), I have done a 180 on that decision. I'm now open to any and all P3D titles...current, or being developed.  I thought that MSFS would be my prime sim...but at current state of affairs, that place is now once more, taken up with P3D v5.x  I wish MSFS good winds..and fair breezes.  I'm now really excited for True Sky to be fully implemented in P3D v5!   So looking forward to that day!

Yep its just another sim in my stable of sims and they all do something different. Maybe one day MSFS will take out P3D and X plane but I am now thinking probably not.  I doubt the helicopters if we ever get them in MSFS will be anywhere near Aerofly Fs2 as it appears to me MSFS is a sim aimed at visuals and landscapes and less at being a flight sim.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2020 at 10:06 AM, Orbx Flyer said:

Could you please publish a copy of what your P3D config was, on the system that collected these shots. That would be helpful. Thank you!

Here you are my machine specs are in my sig,

cheers

Iain

 

2.jpg

 

3.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

TrueEarth US Southern California for P3Dv4+ is not released yet.  Not sure what @Casamike bought....

 

Rod

 

He probably bought the XP version and is now trying to install it into P3d. :D

 

 

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EdSokol said:

When is the release?  I'm ready to buy!!

 

Soon. Iain has already released his final shots, so it won't take much longer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2020 at 8:55 AM, Mawson said:

Yep its just another sim in my stable of sims and they all do something different. Maybe one day MSFS will take out P3D and X plane but I am now thinking probably not.  I doubt the helicopters if we ever get them in MSFS will be anywhere near Aerofly Fs2 as it appears to me MSFS is a sim aimed at visuals and landscapes and less at being a flight sim.

I agree, that its main forte, is VFR 3,500 feet or lower cruising.  

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Orbx Please can you list what Orbx products are compatible? That includes also noting any that are not or that should be uninstalled. I'm thinking there of OpenLC North America, NA Southern California and Hollywood Burbank for example. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Badl4ndz said:

@Orbx Please can you list what Orbx products are compatible? That includes also noting any that are not or that should be uninstalled. I'm thinking there of OpenLC North America, NA Southern California and Hollywood Burbank for example. 

 

Hi

Hope this works for you, though there is no mention on KBUR but being Orbx one it might have been made compatible for sure but you might ask in that thread

 

Also remember that TE products overlap the regions so they won't cause issues

 

Edited by carlosqr
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sascha Normann     Thanks to Orbx, you and your team for doing a fantastic job on getting the TrueEarth sceneries for P3Dv4+ caught up with X-Plane 11 at least in North America and Great Britain.   I have them all.  The Balearic Islands were just released for X-Plane 11 on August 11th so you are pretty much on target.   I think TE Southern Cal for P3Dv4+ is the best yet.  Just flew around LA and loved it!  Great job!

 

 Rod 

Edited by stiletto2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...