TE Florida series of snaps..

I displayed them here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/583908-a-few-first-flight-Orbx-te-florida-around-punta-gorda/

I guess the whole state only has concrete roads, huh? ;)

It seems to my eyes, that the altitude 'sweet spot' for TE-Florida is at 5,000 feet.  The ground textures really get tight and more 3-dimensional.

Screenshot-644.png

Screenshot-645.png

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 4
7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine couple of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks lain...the product for and on my system, has the best running performance of them all...in fact...NOTHING to report as a take-away...clear crisp textures, no graphic and road jaggie deterioration...just clear visuals, no matter what the altitude...so, a P3D T.E. product winner in my books.  I have an older system...so, for anybody that has anything within even three years...will NOT have one single depiction issue...nope.  Like I stated..in flying with it all over the State...the best visual bang for the buck...is at 5,000 feet. I usually like to cruise at 3,500...but as I did my visual tests...and climbed from take-off to 12,000 feet...that simulated 3D effect, whereby you can still see ground autogen detail...is in my opinion, 5,000 feet ASL. :)

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Orbx Flyer said:

Thanks lain...the product for and on my system, has the best running performance of them all...in fact...NOTHING to report as a take-away...clear crisp textures, no graphic and road jaggie deterioration...just clear visuals, no matter what the altitude...so, a P3D T.E. product winner in my books.  I have an older system...so, for anybody that has anything within even three years...will NOT have one single depiction issue...nope.  Like I stated..in flying with it all over the State...the best visual bang for the buck...is at 5,000 feet. I usually like to cruise at 3,500...but as I did my visual tests...and climbed from take-off to 12,000 feet...that simulated 3D effect, whereby you can still see ground autogen detail...is in my opinion, 5,000 feet ASL. :)

hi Matey

pvt message on way - meanwhile was this V4 or 5 - see my thread 

20 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

hi Matey

pvt message on way - meanwhile was this V4 or 5 - see my thread 

Got your PM and responded, and this is V5HF2 depiction. I don't have it installed in my 'on-system' V4..as that host HD only has 56 GB clear.  So....V5.HF2 for my usage.  I have P3D v4.5 on a high speed 10,000 RPM W.D. Velociraptor (a great sever quality hard drive!) so will keep it there for quick file access while in play.

I have found that in P3D v5HF2, John...that cloud cover as well as current atmospherics play heavily upon the depth and color pallet in depiction of terrain, below the wing, at any given point in flight.  I also find, that Orbx T.E. series of products look their best under the auspices of v5HF2's E.A. (Enhanced Atmospherics) and you get much less radical shift of color tone 'down there'...  My take anyways, as no two people usually thinks 100 percent alike....

Edited by Orbx Flyer
27 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Grand shots, may have to upgrade to V5 soon!  Thanks for the input! :)

Runs really well...not one negative, other than I'd wish to see more representation of black/grey asphalt roads, other than the entire state made out to be paved concrete. That's my only 'negative', if I'd call it that. Performance wise?  Thumb's up.

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Thanks 1