Tacoma Narrows to Fall City

29 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Sorry, no beautiful shots from MSFS 2020,  my old computer can barely run P3d v4.

Very nice shots, but... I'd give the $1 Xbox Game Pass beta a try if I were you. With the specs in my signature, I'm getting much better performance in MSFS than in P3D v4/v5, and you can test the new sim for a full month for just one buck... ;-)

Regards,

Tym

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Fantastic shots John! 4.5 still look great as your shots can verify! :D  Are you planning to go to MSFS?

+1 - Here is good article on what is needed for MS2020  :  https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020s-wildly-impressive-visuals-will-require-some-serious-specs/

John

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, lifejogger said:

no beautiful shots from MSFS 2020,  my old computer can barely run P3d v4.

Good to see your beautiful shots from p3d, John. I stay with the same sim and let others figure out the hype, and I trust they will come to a good end. But for the time being I enjoy what I have (and do not see enough p3d-posts like yours here).

2 hours ago, TymK said:

Very nice shots, but... I'd give the $1 Xbox Game Pass beta a try if I were you. With the specs in my signature, I'm getting much better performance in MSFS than in P3D v4/v5, and you can test the new sim for a full month for just one buck... ;-)

Regards,

Tym

Thanks the comments Tym.   My computer specs are worse than yours.

2 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Fantastic shots John! 4.5 still look great as your shots can verify! :D  Are you planning to go to MSFS?

Thanks Roger and I will not be going to MSFS until I get a new computer.

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Thanks for the article,  I have checked the specs and I am looking to see how much it will cost to get a new computer.

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Good to see your beautiful shots from p3d, John. I stay with the same sim and let others figure out the hype, and I trust they will come to a good end. But for the time being I enjoy what I have (and do not see enough p3d-posts like yours here).

Thanks for commenting Gerold.  If I get new computer I will probably get it just to say that I have owned every Microsoft Flight Simulator ever made.

• Haha 1

Wonderful flight and great shots, John! 

I have XP11, P3D v4.5 and MSFS installed. 

I choose P3D when I want to fly with as realistically as possible, particularly with PMDG and A2A aircraft. Not only the flight systems are perfectly modeled, the aircraft behavior and feel is outstanding.  

I go for XP11 with Orbx TE regions when I am more interested in seeing the beautiful world outside, but also with an excellent level of flight realism (there are some great study level aircraft here). 

I opt for MSFS (we still don't have many addons) when I want to see beauty everywhere. Not yet for flight realism here (though I like some standard GA). 

That's only my opinion. 

Edited by Dario
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, Dario said:

Wonderful flight and great shots, John! 

I have XP11, P3D v4.5 and MSFS installed. 

I choose P3D when I want to fly with as realistically as possible, particularly with PMDG and A2A aircraft. Not only the flight systems are perfectly modeled, the aircraft behavior and feel is outstanding.  

I go for XP11 with Orbx TE regions when I am more interested in seeing the beautiful world outside, but also with an excellent level of flight realism (there are some great study level aircraft here). 

I opt for MSFS (we still don't have many addons) when I want to see beauty everywhere. Not yet for flight realism here (though I like some standard GA). 

That's only my opinion. 

Thank you Dario Glad you like the shots.  I will be getting MSFS2020 in the near future just to see what it looks like.

6 hours ago, wain71 said:

fantastic shots.....

I agree with Dario, I have the same installed and do a similar thing.....I have great addons for my sims and fly whichever takes my fancy...

Yes I plan on doing some flying in MSFS2020 just to check it out and then decide if I want to add Orbx scenery. (I hate to pay for the same scenery twice).