9 minutes ago, Condor said:

Hi Guys,

My computer would probably not run the new flight sim all that well, and I was wondering whether buying the new XBox due out this November would be the way to go.

Cheers

Paul

Hi

John Heaton @John Heaton would be one of the best folks I know to advise on this.

Hopefully he will see this and be able to respond

Cheers

Renault

The new Xbox will definitely be able to run MSFS 2020 very well indeed given its specs - especially if you currently have a system you’re not sure would be able to handle it. If you’re happy to wait, I would wait until you get some pricing info on the system and then you can do a true comparison.

in the meantime - do remember that you can get MSFS 2020 for $1 for a month through game pass, cancel before the month is up and it’s effectively a $1 trial.

• Like 2

mine is medium set up, i5 9600k, 1070 8 gig & 16gig RAM @2400, runs quite well on high setting, however I think I may have to turn it down once addon aircraft become available.....I have gone for the game pass option and will keep that going for a while, once 3rd party aircraft come over I will probably purchase outright, gamepass is a good option if you are not sure if you can run it.....

• Like 1

In the most recent Q&A session of the MS/Asobo head developers streamed about a week ago, they refused to predefine an approx. release date of MSFS for XBox. For me this is a clear indication that the release won't be in the nearest future.

So why not testing if your system can handle MSFS just for 1$ (1€) via the XBox Game Pass for one month (this is what I'm currently doing)?

1$ is the cost of the Game Pass in which MSFS is included togerher with about 100 other games. The consequtive months will cost $ 4.74 or the like. You can cacel the pass at any time.

• Like 1

Thanks everybody for those valued suggestions. The $1.00 game pass would obviously be the way to go. By the way my system is an Intel i76700K (not overclocked), Nvidia GTX1070 (8GB) and 16GB ram with a 500GB Samsung Evo SSD.

Thanks again.

Paul

13 hours ago, renault said:

Hi

John Heaton @John Heaton would be one of the best folks I know to advise on this.

Hopefully he will see this and be able to respond

Cheers

Renault

Thanks to the brilliant notification system of Orbx - I have seen this and here s my response to Condor

In a nut shell  - the new X Box Series X will  be equivalent to the best current setup of a PC - possibly better

I currently have an X box One which is about half as powerful as the new one and I run 4K HDR10 with no problems 

in my high speed games viz F1 racing and other kinds needing a powerful video card

I have the current xbox games pass which covers both the X Box and the PC with MSFS free 

I believe that the new box will be out in Nov - at around 500/600 dollars which compared to the

cost of a 2080ti card alone is a no brainer decision

Right from the beginning MS have said that the sim will be specially formulated for the new X Box and my estimate is that it will be available by Xmas

4 hours ago, Condor said:

Thanks everybody for those valued suggestions. The $1.00 game pass would obviously be the way to go. By the way my system is an Intel i76700K (not overclocked), Nvidia GTX1070 (8GB) and 16GB ram with a 500GB Samsung Evo SSD.

Thanks again.

Paul

Give it a go and see how it runs - I've seen people with similar specs on other forums being pleased with the outcome!

7 hours ago, maxpax444 said:

Give it a go and see how it runs - I've seen people with similar specs on other forums being pleased with the outcome!

12 hours ago, Condor said:

Thanks again.

Paul

I have a very similar system to yours, Condor, and I’m able to operate at a 4K resolution quite smoothly at 30-40 FPS and enjoy Orbx’s airports (although with reduced and carefully chosen settings) - still I think it looks great and it operates far more smoothly on my machine than any other sim with similar features has previously.

Steve

• Upvote 1

Thanks again guys. I would gestimate that the new X-Box hopefully due out before the end of this year would cost in the vicinity of around $1200.00AU given it's specs.....I could be wrong but knowing Micro$oft......

I've never been a console player however the sim would look pretty good on a 65" 4K screen.

Cheers

Paul

On 8/26/2020 at 6:11 PM, wain71 said:

mine is medium set up, i5 9600k, 1070 8 gig & 16gig RAM @2400, runs quite well on high setting, however I think I may have to turn it down once addon aircraft become available.....I have gone for the game pass option and will keep that going for a while, once 3rd party aircraft come over I will probably purchase outright, gamepass is a good option if you are not sure if you can run it.....

Condor ---- all that wain71 said - because my set up is almost the same - and MS suggested running at High in 1080HD

Now -   whilst the sim is far  from perfect I am happy to keep going until the x box series X is ready and the sim to go with it

my guess around around mid Nov for the Box at say $A 750 according to the pundits that should know - $US 500 /550

and it literally cost me nothing to install

A word of advice / caution - every one keeps talking about the $1 trial - do we know anyone who has joined the $1 situation 

and actually got the sim - I havent !     -I do have the game pass that I have with my x box one x which also gives me another 100 games on the PC

This is the one that Qualified me  for the free standard install.

Be aware - that if you should cancel this membership - you will lose the sim immediately  - not having enough time to get to know it

Maybe its worth a few dollars more - (its $A 10/month ) for a few months to see how it goes and what happens to the X Box

As for my self - I am an X box lover and await this sim on the new box just as I did at 12.01 last Tues morning

Just take a step --- sideways - PM me if you wish

57 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

A word of advice / caution - every one keeps talking about the $1 trial - do we know anyone who has joined the $1 situation 

and actually got the sim - I havent !     -I do have the game pass that I have with my x box one x which also gives me another 100 games on the PC

Be aware - that if you should cancel this membership - you will lose the sim immediately  - not having enough time to get to know it

Maybe its worth a few dollars more - (its $A 10/month ) for a few months to see how it goes and what happens to the X Box

As for my self - I am an X box lover and await this sim on the new box just as I did at 12.01 last Tues morning

Just take a step --- sideways - PM me if you wish

With all due respect John, but I have to object.

I am one of those "playing" sim via the Game Pass trial for 1€ for one month. IMO 31 days is long enough to judge if one likes the sim respectively if his system can handle it. And if one month of testing is not enough, so what? You can extend the trial time by another month for just €4.75 or the like.

And what do you mean with "do we know anyone who has joined the $1 situation and actually got the sim - I havent ! "??

I guess nobody (including myselfB)) who has bought the 1€ Game Pass just for the sim will buy the sim before the month is over. Why should he/she? And this will be Sept 18th at the earliest. And then after cancelling the Game Pass one has to buy one of the three MSFS versions for full price and download it again of course. It was never said that you can keep the Game Pass download of MSFS on your system und only have to pay the for sim. Or maybe there will be an option that you can keep the download and you only have to pay, who knows. Anyway, I do actually not care if I have to download all again.

Edited by wolfko
1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

I have used the $1 trial to get the sim to try out on my machine......I am coming back to flight sim so it made complete sense to get it at the try It out price, plus the 100 other games that come with it too! As Wolfgang said I'm more than happy to continue paying the gamepass cost for a couple of months (if not longer) to try things out.

You won't lose access immediately if you turn off auto renew it will continue until the end of the period that you have paid for.

• Like 1

How many ports does such an XBox Series X console have? Can I plug my Saitek rudder pedals or any other rudder pedals into an XBox Series X? What about all my other peripherals? I absolutely need a keyboard when flying. What about mouse, throttle quadrant, yoke/joystick. Just a game controller is not enough for me.

Sometimes Wolfko - I wonder if you actually read what I say because just about every time I write something 

in you come with your critique of what I have written - please - Where did I say that Condor shouldn't continue for as long as he likes

with his subscription - all I did was advise him - or anyone not familiar with this new Microsoft Games Pass on a PC -

that cancelling the sub would lose the sim

You also seem dedicated against X box or Microsoft or both - because every time I mention it - "In like Flynn" you go !!

Maybe you should look it up yourself - as to how many USB ports are available -However - on my existing X Box One X- I have 3 - how many

does a computer have ?? - my motherboard has 4  - and Oh! - I nearly forgot - X box has built in WIFI - as is my controller and Keyboard

and headphones - but I do need my Thrustmaster HOTAS Flightstick  -Throttle Quadrant combo plugged into 1 of the 3 USB sockets

leaving me with 2 spare - which are added to the 2 DMI sockets.    Did I mention that I can play 4K DVDs as well in HDR10

Incidentally - I do like my WIFI X box controller with the new flight sim B)

Edited by John Heaton
  • Confused 1
On 8/26/2020 at 1:25 AM, wolfko said:

In the most recent Q&A session of the MS/Asobo head developers streamed about a week ago, they refused to predefine an approx. release date of MSFS for XBox. For me this is a clear indication that the release won't be in the nearest future.

MSFS is a launch title for the new Xbox. A date for the launch of the Xbox has not been announced. Announcing a date for MSFS for Xbox would essentially announce the date for the Xbox. Asobo can't do that and they are very much aware of it. The truth is that if the Xbox was ready and announced, MSFS for the Xbox would be ready and announced. The delay is the hardware, not the software.

Having said all of that, I don't understand why any veteran simmers would consider buying a game console to run MSFS. If you buy a new PC, at least you also have a powerful PC. MSFS on a console will always be a compromise. I'm not in any way against Xbox, but a PC is a universally useful device and worth investing in. A game console is a game console. And there will be very few exclusives for Xbox this time around.

Edited by Seanmo
  • Like 2

@John Heaton

John I am confused now. I am pretty sure you are mixing me up with another user, because it is just not true that "eveytime you write something in I come with my critique". I even cannot remember that I have ever critizised you before.

Please show me an example and I will stand corrected.

PS: having a different point of view is not critizising.

PSPS: my PC has 10 USB ports.;)

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, Seanmo said:

MSFS is a launch title for the new Xbox. A date for the launch of the Xbox has not been announced. Announcing a date for MSFS for Xbox would essentially announce the date for the Xbox. Asobo can't do that and they are very much aware of it. The truth is that if the Xbox was ready and announced, MSFS for the Xbox would be ready and announced. The delay is the hardware, not the software.

Having said all of that, I don't understand why any veteran simmers would consider buying a game console to run MSFS. If you buy a new PC, at least you also have a powerful PC. MSFS on a console will always be a compromise. I'm not in any way against Xbox, but a PC is a universally useful device and worth investing in. A game console is a game console. And there will be very few exclusives for Xbox this time around.

It's already 'announced' by a game on launch day slip up...I posted that here. but can't remember which post. Basically there is a coming game that stated right on the M.S. site, that it will be avaiable to the XBox X 'on launch day.   If I remember, that game is launching around November 14th or so...so mid November.  The Xbox X will be in the stores...so line up...for I will be.  I like what John H said about his having at least 3 items connected via BlueTooth.   Never thought of that...so I will be in the market as well for what 'he said', lol . Keyboard, Headphones,etc...and will plug in my Logitech Extreme 3D flight stick into one of the USB ports.  I'm good to go!   60 inch...Den T.V....get ready!  Ultra baby...all the waaaaaaay!

I have the Game pass download, all is well, I have added a few Orbx airports and just this second tried the freebie from Aerosoft......I have an Xbox One and a PS4 so I won't be upgrading to the new XBOX, however I will be buying a new PC and probably 4K monitor by the end of next year...At some stage I will buy outright MSFS but I am waiting to see what happens with new addon aitcraft.....