Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I just installed and did a quick flight around KBUR. I own the P3D version so I got the discount. First thing I noticed was the max GPU usage on my 1080ti on a 4K. It was between 95 and 99% on a clear day, no clouds during the day sitting in the analog C172. As soon as I took off it pegged at 100%. I mainly use high to medium setting in MSFS2020. I also have LOWI installed and I don't get a hard of a hit, usually 70%. Something in KBUR is pushing the video and there are no options like in the P3D version to turn features off. Last item,  I noticed that when I have KBUR installed, 2020 takes longer to load. Anyone else see this?

Edited by Wise87
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

first of all, do you have the latest nvidia driver for mfs2020? i am not sure if is available also for 1080ti, but i have a 2080ti and with the latest driver i have improved a lot the fps.

Anyway i suggest to play with the setting, for example make sure to have " render scaling " set to 100 and " terrain level of detail " to 100

I have a i7 8700k,32gbram,2080ti it if i go up with those value my fps drops immediately. I hope this can help.

 

cheers,

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also experience no noticeable difference in setting the Render Scaling to 80 when in 4K, and it improves the fps. The render scaling is most useful for those with lower GPU capabilities and lower resolution. A good example is if you test and set your resolution to 1080p you can set the Render Scaling to 200. In 4K such high settings are not required.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi,

 

first of all, do you have the latest nvidia driver for mfs2020? i am not sure if is available also for 1080ti, but i have a 2080ti and with the latest driver i have improved a lot the fps.

Anyway i suggest to play with the setting, for example make sure to have " render scaling " set to 100 and " terrain level of detail " to 100

I have a i7 8700k,32gbram,2080ti it if i go up with those value my fps drops immediately. I hope this can help.

 

cheers,

I'm on the latest driver and I already have render scaling and terrain level of detail set to 100. I even went down to 80. There is actually a great settings guide on the MSFS forums. For now I have uninstalled KBUR and I'll wait until I get a 3080 series card. KBUR pushed the 1080ti pretty hard compared to my LOWI or KDEN sceneries. I guess the min requirement will be a 2080ti. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I'm on the latest driver and I already have render scaling and terrain level of detail set to 100. I even went down to 80. There is actually a great settings guide on the MSFS forums. For now I have uninstalled KBUR and I'll wait until I get a 3080 series card. KBUR pushed the 1080ti pretty hard compared to my LOWI or KDEN sceneries. I guess the min requirement will be a 2080ti. 

you can use a lower resolution, for example FHD, it will goes very good.

 

cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites

This truly is a next-gen sim. I don't think there's a system available right now, including ones with an Nvidia Titan, that can run everything at a high framerate and 4K. When you think about all that is going on with the weather and unprecedented scenery, it's the price we have to pay. At least we have the ability to drop some of the settings and still enjoy it. What I wouldn't want is for scenery designers to dumb-down their scenery. I know it must be tough receiving criticisms due to performance that is almost always completely out of your control.

Link to post
Share on other sites

FlightSimulator_3WmPrd6CQU.thumb.jpg.832cdc864369f59e47fc756439e5cc04.jpg

 

Here we have Innsbruck, 10900, 2080ti and 32MB RAM.  No issues.  Doesn't matter where I go.  Even over London.

Owning every Orbx addon for MSFS (aside from the slight blip that was London) I've been very happy.

 

Even a trip to Heathrow is good.

FlightSimulator_CfsORIfTu2.thumb.jpg.f4a9fa472c25a70300502c74bae6156c.jpg

 

Imagine my dismay when loading up Bob Hope.

Zero change to settings.  It matters not if I move there during a session or start afresh.

 

FlightSimulator_mAP3Qhpbql.thumb.jpg.c3ff4cd85a236d11bedeea98617231fd.jpg

 

This can not be normal.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Norman Blackburn
Link to post
Share on other sites

I also run a 1080ti on 4k and noticed a similar result with low FPS near KBUR. But once I reduced my MSFS2020 graphic settings from ‘ultra’ to ‘high-end‘, the FPS jumped up by 20 fps to around 30fps near KBUR. Visually there is a modest difference, but the increased fps is worth the sacrifice. Happy customer here. Only complaint now is more female passengers in short shorts in the holding areas please!

Edited by steveanderson
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

FlightSimulator_3WmPrd6CQU.thumb.jpg.832cdc864369f59e47fc756439e5cc04.jpg

 

Here we have Innsbruck, 10900, 2080ti and 32MB RAM.  No issues.  Doesn't matter where I go.  Even over London.

Owning every Orbx addon for MSFS (aside from the slight blip that was London) I've been very happy.

 

Even a trip to Heathrow is good.

FlightSimulator_CfsORIfTu2.thumb.jpg.f4a9fa472c25a70300502c74bae6156c.jpg

 

Imagine my dismay when loading up Bob Hope.

Zero change to settings.  It matters not if I move there during a session or start afresh.

 

FlightSimulator_mAP3Qhpbql.thumb.jpg.c3ff4cd85a236d11bedeea98617231fd.jpg

 

This can not be normal.

 

 

 

 

Hi, yes is normal. At kbur there is photogrammetry which can be heavy.

I suggest to set render scaling to 100, level of detail to 100, lower the antialiasing and low the resolution maybe. Anyway you have to play with the setting. I have i7 8700k,32gbram,2080ti with latest fs2020 driver and all set to ultra with 4k i have 40+fps at kbur.

 

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently purchased Burbank airport from Orbx…

Starts out smooth and then after several minutes taxiing the sim gets extremely choppy and unplayable. Its my first add-on. Before this high frame rates and no issue with the sim… very strange. Also do not see any vehicle traffic or generic MSFS workers that are animated move at Burbank. Anyone else have these issues with the Burbank add-on. I have latest drivers etc. Something is really wrong with the add-on.
i9 9800K/32 Ram/2080ti

Edited by Casebug
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Casebug said:

I recently purchased Burbank airport from Orbx…

Starts out smooth and then after several minutes taxiing the sim gets extremely choppy and unplayable. Its my first add-on. Before this high frame rates and no issue with the sim… very strange. Also do not see any vehicle traffic or generic MSFS workers that are animated move at Burbank. Anyone else have these issues with the Burbank add-on. I have latest drivers etc. Something is really wrong with the add-on.
i9 9800K/32 Ram/2080ti

Hi,

I had the same with the old gpu drivers. Make sure to have the fs2020 driver installed, at my end this has resolved the issue.

 

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm that Burbank is extremely heavy on the GPU. I fly in 1080p with a 1660TI on a Ryzen 7 3700x.I flew from Santa Barbara towards it and everything was fine until about 2 miles on final. Then the frames dropped massively. I have been using the latest NVIDIA driver from the start, and all other areas I flew in so far, no matter how dense, nothing was taxing on my system.

Well except for Gayasim's Kos. That as well gives me considerable performance problems.

Edited by KVSandleben
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KVSandleben said:

I can confirm that Burbank is extremely heavy on the GPU. I fly in 1080p with a 1660TI on a Ryzen 7 3700x.I flew from Santa Barbara towards it and everything was fine until about 2 miles on final. Then the frames dropped massively. I have been using the latest NVIDIA driver from the start, and all other areas I flew in so far, no matter how dense, nothing was taxing on my system.

Well except for Gayasim's Kos. That as well gives me considerable performance problems.

Probably could be because there is pbr textures.

 Play with setting to find the best for you.

 

cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi, yes is normal. At kbur there is photogrammetry which can be heavy.

I suggest to set render scaling to 100, level of detail to 100, lower the antialiasing and low the resolution maybe. Anyway you have to play with the setting. I have i7 8700k,32gbram,2080ti with latest fs2020 driver and all set to ultra with 4k i have 40+fps at kbur.

 

Cheers

 

To clarify Mateo, 10fps is normal?

 

Ive an i7 10700 otherwise the same as you.  So the question is simple.  How are you getting 40fps compared to my 10?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Norman Blackburn said:

 

To clarify Mateo, 10fps is normal?

 

Ive an i7 10700 otherwise the same as you.  So the question is simple.  How are you getting 40fps compared to my 10?  

I have already answered to this question, i suggested to you the setting to use.

 

Just a stupid example, with my rig if i set render scaling to 200 i have 1-2fps.

being a new sim you have to find the most suitable setting for your pc

 

Cheers

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched Chewwy94 streams today and while he was on approach to KBUR when his 2080ti/9900K tanked to 15FPS on approach. It wasn't until he restarted the sim that his FPS picked back up. He's been showing casing MSFS2020 for several weeks and this was the first time I seen his system have a hard time with any scenery. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I watched Chewwy94 streams today and while he was on approach to KBUR when his 2080ti/9900K tanked to 15FPS on approach. It wasn't until he restarted the sim that his FPS picked back up. He's been showing casing MSFS2020 for several weeks and this was the first time I seen his system have a hard time with any scenery. 

I do not know his setting, i do not have 15fps at my end at all.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

I do not know his setting, i do not have 15fps at my end at all.

 

 

He's a friend of Orbx and I'm sure he will pass on that information. It was at the 1hr 5min mark of today's stream. Again I have it in P3D and it's incredible and runs great at 4K on my system. I'll just have to wait until I get a 30 series card to enjoy it. I'm already at high/med 100/100 and I'm not going to turn it down any further just to get KBUR working when all other Orbx scenery work silky smooth. 

Edited by Wise87
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

He's a friend of Orbx and I'm sure he will pass on that information. It was at the 1hr 5min mark of today's stream. Again I have it in P3D and it's incredible and runs great at 4K on my system. I'll just have to wait until I get a 30 series card to enjoy it. I'm already at high/med 100/100 and I'm not going to turn it down any further just to get KBUR working when all other Orbx scenery work silky 

4k for a 1080 with setting to high at kbur ( heavy area with photogrammetry is too much). Try fhd or 2k and let me know.

 

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

4k for a 1080 with setting to high at kbur ( heavy area with photogrammetry is too much). Try fhd or 2k and let me know.

 

Cheers

Yes, it runs better at lower resolution. I've already tried it in MSFS2020. The 1080ti is simply being pushed to the limit with some scenery at 4K. Running the sim at a lower res than native looks awful. I'm good to wait for a new card. Just want to report what I and a few others are seeing.  

Edited by Wise87
Link to post
Share on other sites

KBUR is currently unflyable in it's current state.  i7 7700k, GTX1080, and 32gb RAM I get 35-45 FPS at all other airports (including other Orbx airports).  Down to 15 FPS on average at andn around KBUR and no where else...pretty disappointing.

 

To add in the same area when I look away from KBUR it goes back up to 35, only when looking during at KBUR does it tank fps to below 15 there is very clearly something wrong with the airport itself.  Happy to provide screenshots.

Edited by hawkeye52
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Probably could be because there is pbr textures.

 Play with setting to find the best for you.

 

cheers

With all due respect, while I appreciate that this is a new sim and well have to learn our ways around it, I think telling people to lower their settings when you fly to an add-on airport in fair weather with no AI-Traffic in a default plane...

If you would ask me to do something like this in a similar scenario in P3D i'd be starting to call you names. ;)

 

No. There is something not adequately adjusted in the scenery, and it is not our settings. Santa Barbara sits in a photogrammetry area as well and it has no such issues. Maybe it is the static models, maybe it is a lightsource that even gets drawn during day. All possible. But it most definately is not our systems. If it were, ohter dense areas would bring them to their knees as well. But I can fly over London for example and my PC does not even blink. Something that was impossible in P3D.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi,

I had the same with the old gpu drivers. Make sure to have the fs2020 driver installed, at my end this has resolved the issue.

 

Cheers

Thanks for the info... I have the latest FS2020 driver installed. Does not help. There is definitely something going on under the hood of this add-on. I hope Orbx acknowledge this and has a fix soon.

Edited by Casebug
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

4k for a 1080 with setting to high at kbur ( heavy area with photogrammetry is too much). Try fhd or 2k and let me know.

 

Cheers

I've the same problem, but using a 2080 ti oc with 11GB VRAM with newest drivers; 32GB RAM, 2x NVME a 2 GB; i9-9900K @ 4.9GHz. Normally having 30-40 fps in busy areas flying in ultra, 4k hdr.

Only @ KBUR I've 13 FPS, leaving the airport some miles it increases back to my normal 35-40 in photometry areas. So it's not caused by the sourroundings. I never noticed that mad fps in any other city, deluxe airport or Orbx sceneries for the last 3 months. There must be a bug, the usage is too high and to be honest kbur isn't a huge airport with it's small terminals. KSBA, LOWI, Leeds.... eveything is normal but KBUR.

 

I just set everything to less quality, only render scaling at 100 and resolution to 4k and my 13 fps turn to 16 fps. ???? Can you explain that? On the other hand, if I set everything to ultra and change from 4K to 2K I get nearly normal fps (about 30+). Same with 4k and render scaling 70 let the fps increase. All other settings don't have any effect. So you can't say it's caused by the sourroundings - it's just the sceney design. Sorry.

Can you please check the texture packages? There might be one texture that makes problem when scaling the sim to 4k. After testing so much this evening and by setting it to low and ultra again, I had a time of having 35fps with 4k and ultra by taxiing and in the moment my plane lifted of, the fps dropped to 12 back again. Sorry, but thats buggy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dkberesk12 said:

also having very bad performance at KBUR, will uninstall till it can be optimized.

 

I did the same. Lucky I only paid the upgrade price. I had high hopes for Burbank. Watched 3 more streamers tonight try to fly into KBUR and they all had the same performance issues. It was painful to watch when they hit that performance wall. 

Edited by Wise87
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, similar issues. Telling people to simply lower their settings a few times will not resolve the problem. I have every Orbx product there is for MSFS and none of them have this similar issue. In fact, flying in 4k (or 2k) with many of the settings mentioned above on a 2080ti, 8086k (clocked to 5ghz), 32gb ram and running on SSD anywhere else doesn't make a difference. It's still low. To make sure I could do this properly I took out the TBM and roamed around Burbank/Hollywood area and didn't notice a difference in FPS until I was close to KBUR. I went over all around KLAX and didn't notice a huge drop in FPS. Same thing for KJFK, KPDX, KSEA, KDEN(payware from flightbeam), Tacoma Narrows, the new freeware in Oregon etc. I put my resolution to 2k and texture resolution from ultra to high, render to 80, and terrain scaling to 100 and detail to 100. Still, getting 10-25fps only on KBUR or flying above it. I put my settings to medium and only then did I notice a small jump back up to normal levels. 

In short, everywhere else I went to doesn't have this issue including all of your Orbx products. I also notice no planes, ground people or ground vehicles at times. Sometimes they appear. 

I thought it was just AI traffic causing this issue but I was wrong. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tested KBUR a lot and it is an airport that will reach the limits of MSFS more easily than other areas.  Whether that's the insane amount of detail required in the area, or a combination of photogrammetry and the detail, or whether the Rolling Cache adds to computer stress, I don't think anyone knows.

 

I have a very midrange system, possible even low midrange now, with a GTX1080 card and an i7 4790K CPU.  If I fly around with 4K monitor resolution, I get around 15-20 in the Burbank area and under 10 at the airport.  This is with the Render Scaling at 80.  But even in other cities if I try to run good graphics settings at 4K I get poor framerates.  Dropping back that one notch and I get good performance in London, Seattle, Paris, New Yoor you name it.

 

If however I drop one monitor resolution setting back to 2560 x 1440, I get 30fps+ everywhere including at the airport.  I can even pop some of the other settings up a bit.

 

I don't mind having to drop the resolution back for this scenery area to accommodate my midrange system when flying over cities.  Elsewhere, over 99% of the globe, I can run High End and 4K resolution at up to 50-60fps no problem.

 

If you have a correctly configured 19-9900 RTX 2080 system you should be able to run Burbank on high settings at 4K, and get reasonable fps, and by reasonable I mean 25+, if you have a lower spec system like me, you should accept that MSFS cannot produce miracles, and a detailed airport like KBUR in the middle of an insanely detailed area will see the limits of CPU/GPU combinations reached, and compromises need to be made.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having a strange issue at KBUR - initially when I start it's fine and then after about 2 minutes performance drops then if I take off and fly away from the airport fps returns to normal but if I return it drops again. I managed to capture this behavior please follow this link:

https://youtu.be/oAa5qSVbT34?t=75

My specs: i5 9600k @4.8, RTX 2070 super, 32Gb Ram 3200mhz, ssd, 2560x1440

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...