Is it possible to exchange my X-Plane purchases for credit on MSFS2020 products? I am no longer interested in using X-Plane and thus the money I have invested is down the drain. I have to believe there is a way that Orbx could disable my X-Plane purchases and grant me credit towards current and future MSFS2020 product purchases. I know this is not a Help desk Request but if someone would like to comment or suggest the place to make this request, please advise.

As much as I want to support Orbx, if I am left with unusable Orbx X-Plane software and Orbx is unwilling to grant my reasonable request, I am afraid I can no longer support Orbx in the Future.

Respectfully,

7 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

given the scenario that you outlined, I very much doubt that any software retail

organisation would be willing to comply with your request.

Please  submit your request using a support ticket, if you still wish to proceed.

Thanks Nick. If so, this is most unfortunate. It seems like there would be a way they could disable my X-Plane software but if not, or they don't care to work with me, I will no longer be a Orbx customer.

• Confused 2

Well, it costs nothing to ask I suppose!

There's a discount in place for customers buying products for MSFS2020 that have already bought the same products for other sims. As an x plane user this enticed me to buy the Leeds, London City and Innsbruck airports for MSFS2020 when I probably would have waited for a sale or maybe some freeware to appear. We can argue about the generousity of the discount but as it is I was sufficiently tempted to jump in. Unfortunately if we choose to jump platform then we have to accept that our previous purchases will have to be written off, anything that reduces the financial impact is a bonus for me.

• Like 5

Exactly and like me who has given up on P3Dv4 for XPlane and the new sim, do you really think that Orbx would refund me for all the the scenery that I bought for that sim, I do not think so. Derek.

38 minutes ago, mrscotte said:

Is it possible to exchange my X-Plane purchases for credit on MSFS2020 products? I am no longer interested in using X-Plane and thus the money I have invested is down the drain. I have to believe there is a way that Orbx could disable my X-Plane purchases and grant me credit towards current and future MSFS2020 product purchases. I know this is not a Help desk Request but if someone would like to comment or suggest the place to make this request, please advise.

As much as I want to support Orbx, if I am left with unusable Orbx X-Plane software and Orbx is unwilling to grant my reasonable request, I am afraid I can no longer support Orbx in the Future.

Respectfully,

Some very "interesting" business ideas here. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So mrscotte, what you basically say is that when I get fed up with my sim and change to a new one, Orbx should give me ALL my bought add-ons, for my "obsolet" sim, for FREE for my new sim!!!! I do not want my P3D any more and changing to XP and want ALL my addons changed to XP for FREE and in about 2 weeks I no longer want to use XP and change to FS2020 so now I want all my add-ons for FREE gain for my new sim. Please tell me this is a joke.

Jack

Edited by Jack the Swede in Spain
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
30 minutes ago, flyingfish55 said:

Surely this is a wind-up?

Doubt it. It's a sad old world we live in nowadays. I notice the OP asks for comments, and I would be happy to but don't really want to incur a ban <grin>

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

"I bought and wore this shirt for the last few years. It's unfashionable now. Can I exchange it for a new design and colour?"

I like the cheek of calling X-Plane and all of its add-ons as "unusable" now. Now, I don't use XP, but I'm pretty sure it still works if you have it installed.

In my line of work, the equivalent of the OP's request would be if one my clients asked for last year's financial statements to be exchanged for credit on this year's.
At least you get a lot more use and enjoyment out of a flight sim add-on than you would from a set of accounts!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1