Jump to content

announcement First Products Announced for Microsoft Flight Simulator


Recommended Posts

Based upon 3D cities in Bing maps and the current release of videos for MSFS2020, I doubt that full TE packages, as currently available for X-Plane and P3D, are needed in the new sim.  Certainly the Photogrammetry or 3D cities negates the need for them.  However although the Blackshark.ai is doing a great job it appears to need a bit of help when it comes to bespoke buildings and Orbx's Landmark series seems to fill that gap nicely

 

I've been asked would I uninstall X-plane once MSFS was out and my response was no, due to the amount of missing VRPs and POIs in MSFS which are all in the Orbx TE scenery I own.  For me if I wanted to fly by charts or over a landscape I knew I want it to be as accurate as possible.  Unless the same landscape in MSFS is by Orbx or Photogrammetry then I think I would be disappointed.  Again I'm really exited about the Orbx Landmark series.  A recent video on Youtube showed London missing all but one or two important Landmarks which are now in the Orbx screenshots.

 

If the MSFS game files launch in a similar manner to Sea of Thieves, a game MS recently started selling on Steam, then you will be asked to sign in to you XBOX account each time it launches, allowing the multiplayer functionality and access to the MS cloud files.  I'm sure that addon content purchesed via either MS or Orbx will be detected as part of the installed content within the game and launched regardless of your purchase being Steam or MS.

 

Since the launch announcement I've agonised for days over which edition to buy and had come to the conclusion that the aircraft were not worth the additional cost as they did not seem so different and therefore I would be really paying for the addtional airports, not that I was bothered about the majority.  The Orbx airport announcement was greatly received as I can spend the extra money on airports I actually want.  Bring on EGCB please :)

Edited by Crom UK
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At Orbx, we are thrilled by the upcoming launch of Microsoft Flight Simulator and would now like to share more information on our initial launch plans – we know many of you have been eager to hear the

Here's an example from EGNM

Yep, certainly will be

Posted Images

On 8/9/2020 at 4:57 PM, ikbenik said:

Fantastic....and a bit expected....news and promising for more enhanced airports and cities worldwide. One question remains for me: Innsbruck(LOWI) is announced as part of the handcrafted airports by release of MSFS2020. What will be the upgrade offers above via the Orbx-version and will it pricewise a worthy upgrade?

Especially London wasn't looking good regarding the landmarks&buildings by default. Now a very worthy enhancement together with London-City airport, a must have for sure. 

 

I have seen the enhanced MSFS LOWI on a Youtube video. It actually looked quite poor compared to the Orbx versions in P3d, XP and Aerofly.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2020 at 4:57 PM, Mawson said:

I can't see a lot of difference in these screenshots from the other quality Orbx products already for the other sims. I thought this MSFS was going to be a lot better in terms of what the world looks like but I can't see anything more than a marginal improvement on the graphics from p3D v5.

 

May I recommend, that you consult an optometrist as quickly as possible.

 

Edited by wolfko
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KVSandleben said:

I have seen the Asobo Innsbruck in one of the preview videos on YouTube. They only modeled the airport. The surroundings were left to the algorithm of Blackshark.

With the Orbx version you also get a lot of custom buildings and landmarks in the actual town and arround the approach, that help you with navigation and getting a feel for the area.

Very interesting

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am ready to buy everything in bulk on the first day!

I also want the Landmark of all the capitals of the world!

It is a pity that on the first day of sales we will have only default arcade planes. They are far from reality.

Let's enjoy the scenery and the weather!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2020 at 7:28 PM, Nick Cooper said:

 

Hello,

Orbx don't need an image hosting site, Ben used it for the one image, as is his and anyone else's free choice.

Are you having trouble viewing the image or did you just want to register a complaint?

 

Nick, also all the images in the OP are posted through imgur.

Thus I can only open one pic at a time and have to close it again before I can open hhe next one. A bit inconvenient.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, christbythesea said:

 

I'd like to echo this request please - particularly if one is concerned about possibly using Xbox versions of MSFS at some point.

 

It's frustrating to have to choose between MSFS official store and a discount on Orbx store.

 

I guess, when Orbx products are sold via the MS Marketplace, Orbx has to pay a commision to MS.

That's the way it usually works. I think this answers your request.

 

Edited by wolfko
Link to post
Share on other sites

I want all of them! One question: I own several Orbx airports, and I love the details. I have also seen (intimately, if ya know what I mean) the MSFS2020 scenery and although all of the airports aren't realistically there (yet), and I want every one you sell, the scenery is already "real" and how does something like the London City scenery pack enhance the FS stuff?

 

I'll be back as soon as I get the final product installed. I'm glad you're on board with this sim, along with companies like  PMDG and A2A. I've invested heavily in FSX, and I was worried I would lose it all with FS2020. Now I know I won't!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sundog said:

I just have a question regarding Innsbruck. The version of MSFS I purchased comes with an "upgraded" Innsbruck. Is that yours, or am I going to have to choose between the upgraded version in the sim and yours? Having said that, with all of the discounts I'll be receiving it won't be that big of a deal, I'm just curious.

 

Also, does this mean you guys will be able to make Sitka now?

 

Thanks for the previews,

Ken

 

On a youtube video I have seen the MSFS upgraded version of LOWI looks very disappointing compared to the Orbx versions released for P3d, XP and Aerofly. Orbx LOWI will be a definite buy for me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, FlyingMasterChef said:

Sorry, I realized I never completed my thought of people are losing out if they wait.  The reason I state that is MOST say they will wait and buy it later. After this or that.  Why not get it now, and SEE this or that fixed or completed as it is done.  

 

I completely agree. The more everybody can test MSFS for a whole month for just 1 $ via the XBox game pass (which is also available for PC).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KVSandleben said:

I have seen the Asobo Innsbruck in one of the preview videos on YouTube. They only modeled the airport. The surroundings were left to the algorithm of Blackshark.

With the Orbx version you also get a lot of custom buildings and landmarks in the actual town and arround the approach, that help you with navigation and getting a feel for the area.

 

Yep, correct. And not even the whole airport ist customly modeled, but only the buildings south of the runway. The northern GA and glider area consists only of generic buildings. And there are also trees within the perimeter where there are none in real world. 

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Donka said:

I haven’t seen it mentioned so wanted to confirm that season weather such as snow will be supported in these add ons by default?

 

Since snow is supported by the default MSFS scenery, I suppose it will also be supported by the Orbx add ons.

Seasons per se are not yet represented in MSFS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gpbarth said:

I want all of them! One question: I own several Orbx airports, and I love the details. I have also seen (intimately, if ya know what I mean) the MSFS2020 scenery and although all of the airports aren't realistically there (yet), and I want every one you sell, the scenery is already "real" and how does something like the London City scenery pack enhance the FS stuff?

 

I'll be back as soon as I get the final product installed. I'm glad you're on board with this sim, along with companies like  PMDG and A2A. I've invested heavily in FSX, and I was worried I would lose it all with FS2020. Now I know I won't!

"I've invested heavily in FSX, and I was worried I would lose it all with FS2020. Now I know I won't!"

 

Could you elaborate on the above observation?

Do you mean you have FSX aircraft or scenery you can take into MSFS?

Sorry, I'm a bit confused by what you have written.

TTM

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlike other third party developers, Orbx understand the meaning of valued customers. I keep buying from Orbx because they offer great discounts. This is not a cheap hobby and any savings is appreciated. Don’t expect the same from aircraft developers. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, superdelphinus said:

Just in the discount offer (and apologies if this has already been answered, but I couldn’t see it) - is the 40% reduction applicable if you own any Orbx product, or do you only get 40% off if you own the non-msfs version of the specific product you’re buying?

15 hours ago, Donka said:


The latter.

 

Could someone from Orbx staff confirm this please?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Donka said:

I haven’t seen it mentioned so wanted to confirm that season weather such as snow will be supported in these add ons by default?

Flightbeam KDEN have already shown this using the MSFS2020 sdk :)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

"I've invested heavily in FSX, and I was worried I would lose it all with FS2020. Now I know I won't!"

 

Could you elaborate on the above observation?

Do you mean you have FSX aircraft or scenery you can take into MSFS?

Sorry, I'm a bit confused by what you have written.

TTM

 

Nothing is compatible from FSX, it's that simple. Not aircraft, not scenery. It's a new game engine for FS 2020. I've tried to add the old Cessna for a laugh in the Alpha. It didn't go well. You will have to buy new versions of sceneries and other planes if you want to run them in the new flight sim

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

this sounds like a good plan from Orbx, reasonably priced and deals for previous owners, lets hope others follow this example....I will be getting them for sure and especially KORS which is one of my favorites and certainly does need the Orbx touch in MSF2020......

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, wolfko said:

 

Nick, also all the images in the OP are posted through imgur.

Thus I can only open one pic at a time and have to close it again before I can open hhe next one. A bit inconvenient.

 

Hello,

I see that they are, someone new to posting images I might guess, but I also don't see why you would need to do that.

I see just images, already open and in full view.

What are you using to view the forum with?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

 

Hello,

I see that they are, someone new to posting images I might guess, but I also don't see why you would need to do that.

I see just images, already open and in full view.

What are you using to view the forum with?

 

Hi Nick,  right now I'm on PC (Win 10) and everything is fine. Yesterday I was on Android (Samsung S8). I haven't installed the latest Android update yet, so maybe that was the reason for the issues yesterday. Anyway, thanks for your assistance.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I can judge from the two pics below, LOWI will not just ported to MSFS, it will be updated to reflect the latest staractual changes at the real world LOWI. :o

New structures are marked in red.

 

 

1BRZ9F5.thumb.jpg.295f6d51968e6f87c399be705cbd9034.jpg

 

 

ykzLilH.thumb.jpg.ce0d9ecfdbe03e45c1edfa4a17072095.jpg

 

 

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wolfko said:

As far as I can judge from the two pics below, LOWI will not just ported to MSFS, it will be updated to reflect the latest staractual changes at the real world LOWI. :o

New structures are marked in red.

 

 

That's Jarrad. He knows how to do things right.

 

Kind regards, Michael

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Will these scenery addons be seasonal (i.e. react to seasons in the MSFS engine, adding snow etc)? If so, can we see some screenshots showing the same scenes of the same addons through different seasons please? Many thanks.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2020 at 5:35 AM, pmb said:

Nice story. Welcome back.

 

Kind regards, Michael

hey Mike, 

Saw ya in the Testers list but didn't make time to contact.  Let's root for KMRY and the pennisula too.  MSFS  did their best, but the area of Carmel, Pebble beach, and PG need serious help. 

Cheers Orbx. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FireRx said:

hey Mike, 

Saw ya in the Testers list but didn't make time to contact.  Let's root for KMRY and the pennisula too.  MSFS  did their best, but the area of Carmel, Pebble beach, and PG need serious help. 

Cheers Orbx. 

I am positive Orbx will work quickly on them. KMRY is one of my all-time-favorites, too, and shouldn't take too long given Jarrad is a clever guy.

 

Kind regards, Michael

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pmb said:

I am positive Orbx will work quickly on them. KMRY is one of my all-time-favorites, too, and shouldn't take too long given Jarrad is a clever guy.

 

Kind regards, Michael

The only way I will buy MSFS without VR or a helicopter is if Jarrad puts Jandakot (YPJT) into the MSFS 2020 system, then I would have to buy in. I fly out of that airport and it's a work of art what he did.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is just what MSFS needs to bring some of the locations to life - their version of London is, limited, shall we say. Shan't mention Washington DC. It would also be a fantastic opportunity for Orbx to show some love for the helicopter community,. If ever a product was made for helicopters and VR it's MSFS. Please give us some helipads so we can get low down and close up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Goulash said:

 

Nothing is compatible from FSX, it's that simple. Not aircraft, not scenery. It's a new game engine for FS 2020. I've tried to add the old Cessna for a laugh in the Alpha. It didn't go well. You will have to buy new versions of sceneries and other planes if you want to run them in the new flight sim

That's what I thought.

Thanks

BTW, curious how much of the FSX Old Cessna you got across to MSFS.

In P3D, shuffling through versions, I've had transfer aircraft where it is invisible, but engine runs [sound is there] & it will take off & fly, through to skeletal fuselage on the tarmac.

What did you get??

TTM

Edited by TigerTigerM
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...