Iain Emms

Back to V4.5.

32 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nice nose shot.

Do you have v4.5 & v5 both loaded & can switch back & forth &/or do you prefer v4.5?

TTM

Gone back to V4.5 everything works great, ive had a hard time with V5 so i uninstalled it maybe go back at a later time but for now its not for me im sorry to say.

cheers

Iain

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been sitting in the fence with a P3d version 4.5HF3 system working very well, with all Orbx scenery. I can go anywhere in the world and it just works.

Since day one, of P3Dv5's release, I have been tossing up whether to move over to it. The AUD $300 was one constraint.

Since then, I have been monitoring the LM P3D forum on a daily basis. On release, there was 6 pages of complaints. The page count went down slowly to about a steady 2 pages per day. I mentally said that when it reached one page a day I would consider purchasing as a lot of people were having a good experience. Their first HF release took the page count back up again to 6 but it is still generally 2 pages of faults a day.

So, it is good to hear you are ready to continue to wait Iain, for V5 to become stable. (Maybe look at a new Simulator?) I don't feel I am being left behind.

Aussie

• Upvote 3

4.5 seems to be like Nespresso for George: What else?

For me it works fine and I can fly where ever I want. Ok, I still miss OLC Asia, but the rest gives me fun.

• Like 2

Nice one Iain, but what kind of problems?  So far with the latest version I haven't had any problems except running out of VRAM which I guess is my older hardware.

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice one Iain, but what kind of problems?  So far with the latest version I haven't had any problems except running out of VRAM which I guess is my older hardware.

Same kept running out of VRAM and no matter what i did it was the same, I know there are loads of folk having no problems what so ever but i did so i will wait and see how this one progresses before i install it again.

cheers

Iain

• Like 3

Glad I stuck with It too... afterall, it does everything I expect from it and all my invested addons are put to full use!

Herman

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Same kept running out of VRAM and no matter what i did it was the same, I know there are loads of folk having no problems what so ever but i did so i will wait and see how this one progresses before i install it again.

cheers

Iain

I just got that in the new San Jose, it's like a 32 bit sim with OOM's all over again.  I can see me going back to 4.5, at least I didn't uninstall it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

cheers

Iain

On my side, there's some issue with ObjectFlow, since I can't visualize properly lots of Orbx airports.

20 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Gone back to V4.5 everything works great, ive had a hard time with V5 so i uninstalled it maybe go back at a later time but for now its not for me im sorry to say.

cheers

Iain

Like you Iain, I tried v5 a couple of times and I also found it was giving me a hard time. Too many small things to “fix” and “adjust” to get it to some semblance of satisfactory flight. So I too deleted it and I’m staying with my relatively stable v4.5

I was hoping for a stable sim without too much faffing around but even with 11Gb VRAM and a well tuned system I was getting errors and crashes, blurred scenery, shimmering etc. I spent so long on getting v4 to my satisfaction I now need a break from trying to fix things yet again.

Nice v4.5 shot Iain.

Regards,

Roger

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

I have been sitting in the fence with a P3d version 4.5HF3 system working very well, with all Orbx scenery. I can go anywhere in the world and it just works.

Since day one, of P3Dv5's release, I have been tossing up whether to move over to it. The AUD $300 was one constraint.

Since then, I have been monitoring the LM P3D forum on a daily basis. On release, there was 6 pages of complaints. The page count went down slowly to about a steady 2 pages per day. I mentally said that when it reached one page a day I would consider purchasing as a lot of people were having a good experience. Their first HF release took the page count back up again to 6 but it is still generally 2 pages of faults a day.

So, it is good to hear you are ready to continue to wait Iain, for V5 to become stable. (Maybe look at a new Simulator?) I don't feel I am being left behind.

Aussie

If you are a water (amphib) flyer...the new water engine is worth the moving over all of itself. There are (if your copy works...no problems) many other 'wow' things about v5 over v4,  so, it's all about what motivates you to lay down the coin....

Hi Orbx Flyer,

Sorry to laugh :)  My full size cockpit is a B737 and I would only get that close to the water if I was trying to land on the Hudson. :) But I do get your point.

Cheers,

Aussie

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

Hi Orbx Flyer,

Sorry to laugh :)  My full size cockpit is a B737 and I would only get that close to the water if I was trying to land on the Hudson. :) But I do get your point.

Cheers,

Aussie

Yeppers...we all have preferences...for myself,  I only dreamed about having the $$$'s to own an Amphib, and fly to lake country.  Well...if ever my ship come in, before the dock rots...that's where some of the winnings will be headed...a Quest Kodiak Amphibian format. (oh...in Yellow).

• Like 1

Hey, I see i'm not alone to stay in this very good V4.5 !!!

• Like 4