I'm really enjoying the new beta (XP11.50b15). Vulkan seems to be able to cope well with a variety of weather and lighting conditions. The following pics were all taken over my usual test area (when not in NZ!!): Gloucestershire - Orbx TEGB (South).

The first aircraft I ever flew in:
XP1150b15-Chipmunk-TEGBS-01-1350.jpg?dl=

Aiming for the Severn Estuary:
XP1150b15-C172-TEGBS-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

En-route to the Channel Islands:

XP1150b15-ATR72-TEGBS-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

XP1150b15-ATR72-TEGBS-02-1350.jpg?dl=1

XP1150b15-ATR72-TEGBS-03-1350.jpg?dl=1

XP1150b15-ATR72-TEGBS-04-1350.jpg?dl=1

The lighting for these pics was set up using Reshade and LUT tables - many thanks to @renault for all his help and patience B). For anyone interested in the procedure, I've started documenting my experiments here: https://www.nzfsim.org/shaders/xp11-shader-tweaks/

Adam.

• Like 6

Quite stunning Adam. It all looks truly amazing. Personally, I've lost the will to tweak after setting up a new PC and re-installing and upgrading all my sims, but once XP has settled down and Vulkan is live and out of beta (I am using it but just to check it out) I will have a look at your documentation as these are inspirational. Keep it up!

• Thanks 1
On 7/21/2020 at 1:30 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

You really know a lot Adam, I’m always impressed.

I only know half as much as @renault - who's been the one encouraging my XP tweaking with his extensive LUT knowledge!

On 7/21/2020 at 6:36 PM, andy1252 said:

Personally, I've lost the will to tweak after setting up a new PC and re-installing and upgrading all my sims, but once XP has settled down and Vulkan is live and out of beta (I am using it but just to check it out) I will have a look at your documentation as these are inspirational. Keep it up!

The more I play with the beta the more I like it. Converesely, the more I [have to] fiddle with P3Dv5 the more I wish I'd stuck to 4.5!!

Thanks for all the nice comments, folks!

Adam.

• Like 1

superb shots you have there Adam, I to really like beta 15, for me performance seems very good even over TE scenery with Skymaxx Pro and ASXP usually in Toliss A319...

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Dario said:

It’s looking amazing, Adam! May I ask what addon you are using for weather/clouds? 

Just ActiveSky beta. Not a total solution just yet (as it's still in beta). If you're not using live weather, then the textures often visibly repeat. Live sessions seem to fare much better!

2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

"Renault" gave me a LUT but I haven't learned to play it yet.  I sure like the look of what you're doing.

Don't worry - I can just about cope with a Ukelele! I've worked out a fairly simple/elegant solution, which I'll post on NZFsim. Renault and I will shepherd you through it!