Jump to content
Ed Correia

announcement Introducing KSJC San Jose International Airport for P3Dv4+

Recommended Posts

Wow Ed, this is looking fantastic, and only a short hop from your very own San Carlos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks stunning! I am in for purchase.

 

Greg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see some 10,000'+ runways.

Who is this by? ie, which Developer or Development Team?

TTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great looking release!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep the PilotEdge towered airports coming! Especially in Xplane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Finally my home town airport! One of the most modern airports and ignored by the sim community. Finally I can retire that outdated imagine sim scenery. Please release ASAP!!!!! I literally screamed when I saw this. 

Edited by robertgaylord88@gmail.com
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking great! Appreciate the detail outside of the airport boundaries as well.B)

 

On 7/19/2020 at 2:14 PM, TigerTigerM said:

Nice to see some 10,000'+ runways.

Who is this by? ie, which Developer or Development Team?

TTM

 

The Orbx team located in the UK are developing it.

 

Regards

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic news. I love this airport !

My only regret so far, concerns the jetways that definitely look like the defaut ones.

But i undestand that these look exactly like the real ones.

Dom

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

superb addon, what scenery is it sat in for those pictures?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orbx, just noticed that the Prerequisite Products for KJSC  is one of the Northern California packages. Will this not work with Global Base like KBUR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

where's the x-plane version that was announced?  why does XP get a back seat almost always?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2020 at 11:22 AM, gordonhutchison said:

XP version coming too?

 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Orbx, just noticed that the Prerequisite Products for KJSC  is one of the Northern California packages. Will this not work with Global Base like KBUR?

It does work with Global and openLC NA, but blending of the photoreal has not been optimised for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Can you please do the down town buildings, i dont want to have to buy true earth to get a proper downtown. I noticed in some screen shots some buildings for downtown are just default and other screen shots the down town has custom detailed buildings. This scenery needs a detailed down town to do this airport justice just like how san diego gets a detailed downtown.

Edited by robertgaylord88@gmail.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The shots are great, some buildings architecture are great, but after thinking about it, what is the interest, the pleasure for the pilot once he has landed ?

Standard jetways, no inside modeling ?

Dom Mason

 

Edited by MasonDominique

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MasonDominique said:

The shots are great, some buildings architecture are great, but after thinking about it, what is the interest, the pleasure for the pilot once he has landed ?

Standard jetways, no inside modeling ?

Dom Mason

 


This is why buying is optional. If the airport doesn’t meet your immersion requirements than you don’t have to purchase. For me it’s a release day purchase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wise87 said:


This is why buying is optional. If the airport doesn’t meet your immersion requirements than you don’t have to purchase. For me it’s a release day purchase. 

Same here. I used a version by another make until P3D4.5 which never fitted properly into the FTX NCA environment.  I'm sure Orbx will do better.

 

Kind regards, Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robert,

 

Not sure why you think you would need TrueEarth to see the Avaya stadium.  It does not appear in my version of TrueEarth NC.  The whole KSJC airport area is just generic.  However, since the new KSJC scenery is blended for either TrueEarth NC or the NA Northern California Region, you will need one of those if you want this fantastic scenery to look perfectly placed in your P3DV4+ sim. 

 

Rod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, keino333 said:

Looking at this again..I am soooo ready for it...

 

I’ve been stoping by here every morning for the last 2 weeks, LOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2020 at 6:28 AM, stiletto2 said:

Robert,

 

Not sure why you think you would need TrueEarth to see the Avaya stadium.  It does not appear in my version of TrueEarth NC.  The whole KSJC airport area is just generic.  However, since the new KSJC scenery is blended for either TrueEarth NC or the NA Northern California Region, you will need one of those if you want this fantastic scenery to look perfectly placed in your P3DV4+ sim. 

 

Rod

The scenery is Great, a little disappointed I don't get the down town that true earth provides as I only have 50 gigs left on my SSD. Looks like ill have to learn computer science to be able to install true earth on my hard drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Was this airport created in-house by Orbx devs or outsourced to a third party?  I'm curious who created it.  Thanks.


Our in-house UK team headed up by Greg Jones. SJC project was led by Lewis Brooks, a name you’ll become familiar with. 
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ed Correia said:

 


Our in-house UK team headed up by Greg Jones. SJC project was led by Lewis Brooks, a name you’ll become familiar with. 
 

Thanks Ed, appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

 


Our in-house UK team headed up by Greg Jones. SJC project was led by Lewis Brooks, a name you’ll become familiar with. 
 

 

Are their plans to port this, Burbank et al to X-Plane?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...