Ready for a touristic highlight in Bolivia? Here we go, from Uyuni airport.

Please note the altimeter.

SaGUGM6.jpg

It was not 2050 ft., just the next level.

xCYKhSS.jpg

Camouflage...

vsmJiCi.jpg

... and outstanding perspectives.

KqaJY1X.jpg

AyTvA88.jpg

That lake is named Laguna Colorada. Originally it is red from the algae and sediments.

LClSRBL.jpg

And this one is Laguna Verde. The name suggests another colour as well.

S4pChk8.jpg

... with the volcano Licancabur just to the south.

o18irct.jpg

The usual 3-day roadtrip might end (or start) at San Pedro de Atacama, on the Chile side.

JsNKKcy.jpg

But the "airport" looks a bit small for my intended travel plan, so I went on...

ejXWTuF.jpg

... to Calama. Where the adequate bird was already waiting in the background.

sDW9nDZ.jpg

• Like 9

thanks Grerold ...

but sad to say that this wonderful part of Bolivia/Chile should be better in Open LC South America : the place would need some special textures for the amazing laginas and Licancabur volcanoes, for the ground of valle della Luna near San Pedro, etc :angry:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jean marc said:

thanks Grerold ...

but sad to say that this wonderful part of Bolivia/Chile should be better in Open LC South America : the place would need some special textures for the amazing laginas and Licancabur volcanoes, for the ground of valle della Luna near San Pedro, etc :angry:

This is exactly the purpose of my current SA trip, Jean Marc: to compare the level of detail (=quality) with the phenomenal OLC Africa. And you make the point: So far I am missing nearly every point of interest or geographic feature or just the impressions of diverse landscapes. Sorry to say. But I´ll continue and give it more chances.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, jean marc said:

maybe an update someday ... a dream ... :unsure:

Yes indeed: Spending that extra time and lifting the product to another level would be nice. As would be the finalization of the OLC series with the last missing continent... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Great trip, Gerold. It's rare to see footage here of SA, which is a pity, as this huge continent has so many fantastic sites to offer

6 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Spending that extra time and lifting the product to another level would be nice

I have been to some places in SA in the other sim. Looks really superb, so next month we will know more :)

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, wain71 said:

interesting shots Gerold, does seem very baron, I have the area but haven't really ventured much into it, currently spending a lot of time over OLC Africa.....

I can believe that: OLC Africa is an excellent product.

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

Great trip, Gerold. It's rare to see footage here of SA, which is a pity, as this huge continent has so many fantastic sites to offer

I have been to some places in SA in the other sim. Looks really superb, so next month we will know more :)

Thanks for the well-informed comment Bernd. Nevertheless I feel in spite of some new kid on the block any development on the established and well-working ones is discarded. I hope that we will not be forced to unplanned investments or (even worse) re-investments. That would be an exit point to many, I am sure.

5 hours ago, musterpilot said:

Very nice shots

John

Thanks for watching and commenting, John!

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice flight Gerold.

... and the same "thanks" for you, Jack. Take care!

5 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

First class pictures! The fourth and the fifth look like you flew in Antarctica instead. :D

Sorry for the little detour, slew mode made it possible. No, seriously: These little POIs are the cherry on the landclass-cake. I love discovering the world this way. Let´s see how simming develops - I am satisfied with examples like this. And with continent projects like OLC Africa...

• Like 2