noted 05S Vernonia - Lack of autogen (after update?)

Posted (edited)

In the last time I more and more find little parts without outogen in my Orbx world. Perhaps after the last update for 05S via Orbx central I found lack of autogen  in 05S Vernonia see picture. I have no other airport in this area, dont have any of the problematic non Orbx addons/ no extern autogen merger, I reinstalled the scenery as wall es the Orbx library and object flow, synchronised the simulator without any effect. Can anybody check this little corner and verify the lack of autogen? I use Prepar 4.5 last version, regards, Thomasvernonia_2.thumb.png.8bc00ca8bd16f071081441dac045afba.png

Edited by anatolski

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Trying to figure out what is happening.

The simple answer is yes, I see what you see.

I think that this is an unintended consequence of updating the autogen for 05S to be compatible with TEUS Oregon.

Can you please confirm that you do not have True Earth Oregon installed.

If I have TE Oregon active I see the autogen.

If I do not have TE Oregon active I see what you see.

The autogen is included in the 05S scenery so I can't work out why it won't display without TE Oregon active.

I'll mention it on the development forums and hopefully a fix can be found.

All the best,

John

Hi John, thank you very much for your answer. Yes I can confirm: I do not have TE Oregon installed.

Is it possible to roll back the update - in general that would be fine, in this case in particular it is necessary to use the scenery with the wonderful Orbx region modul.

Is it possible to see/read anywhere what the updates (Orbx central suggests)  do/changes/is intended for - in this case I could avoid those problems?

kind regards, Thomas

Hi Thomas,

As far as I know I'm afraid Central doesn't allow roll back to earlier versions.

I've reported this. It's unusual in that most of the times I have seen this sort of thing is because some autogen is genuinely missing in the update. Hopefully updated updates will be forthcoming to set most issues right.

In terms of future updates I'd tend to back up the existing .agn files from the texture folder before performing the update.  Just be careful, i'd save the backups somewhere other than the folder for the scenery. If you ever re-install the scenery the entire folder is removed. Then, if you see such a problem, you can put the original agn files back.

All the best,

John 

Hi John, thank your very much for your answer and hints. For this moment I could helpf myself by reinstalling an old backup copy but I think the developpers must give a solution to use the scenery with TE as well as with the NA Region Modul. Kind regards, Thomas