Question

I have just done a fresh reinstall of Prepar3d v4.5 and when trying to run chaseplane I get an error saying 'Missing Registry.' I have tried all of the fixes online including: running the simconnect executables in the prepar3d\redist\ folder and a fresh Prepar3d reinstall. When entering preferences, prepar3d v4 is not lit up and cannot be selected. Please help anyone! (i bought through Old Prop so i cant find my order number)

Screenshot_177.png

8 answers to this question

No offense, but reinstalling P3D into a different directory, especially when so many 3rd party installers assume it’s default locationI seems like a very strange solution to what is obviously a bug in ChasePlane.

I get the same error message and I never moved my sim installation from its default location and all the registry entries on my machine are correct. 

The workaround which works every time (rather than clicking the green checkmark 100 times) is to use Windows Task Manager to kill the ChasePlane application and then restart it AFTER the sim is running. It doesn’t have any trouble finding the sim then. 

Perhaps, the developers of ChasePlane could fix it so that it can always find the sim just like AS P3D beta. 

Same, I re installed p3d v4.5 downgrading from v5 and only p3d v5 is shown in my chaseplane as the only sim i have but all of my addons know i have v4 and v5 and so every time i run my v4 sim it says 'missing registry'. If anyone has a fix i'm dying to know!!

Thank you 

On 7/20/2020 at 5:30 PM, davebruh said:

Same, I re installed p3d v4.5 downgrading from v5 and only p3d v5 is shown in my chaseplane as the only sim i have but all of my addons know i have v4 and v5 and so every time i run my v4 sim it says 'missing registry'. If anyone has a fix i'm dying to know!!

Thank you 

On 7/20/2020 at 11:25 AM, RunShotgun said:

Can you generate a Report find and send it over?

We'll check what's up with your setup