Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...

The new 01L / 19R  runway in Brisbane opens today - the first commercial flight scheduled from this runway being a Virgin Australia flight to Cairns YBCS.  There are no doubt many Australian or Oceania flight simmers who would like to know if/when this runway will be added to the YBBN scenery.  So far I have not seen an answer in this forum from anyone at Orbx, unless I have overlooked one of the threads.  May we request an announcement one way or the other from Orbx at this significant time?  Many thanks,

Brian

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have commenced development on Brisbane v2 which will be a complete rework of the original and with its new layout.

 

There will be an upgrade fee (to be determined still) and at this point will only be available for P3D v4 & 5.

  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ed Correia said:

We have commenced development on Brisbane v2 which will be a complete rework of the original and with its new layout.

 

There will be an upgrade fee (to be determined still) and at this point will only be available for P3D v4 & 5.

That sounds good to me. I hope the performance will improve as well - Brissie has deserved it!

Would it be possible to add a „Riverfire“ mode as well?

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

as far as I am aware, the earlier post did not infer anything other than there would be an

upgrade and that it would not be free of charge unless you have seen another one?

Apart from the fact that it was an answer to a question about FSX-SE, of course.

At any rate, there is no room for misunderstanding now.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2020 at 9:11 AM, Ed Correia said:

We have commenced development on Brisbane v2 which will be a complete rework of the original and with its new layout.

 

There will be an upgrade fee (to be determined still) and at this point will only be available for P3D v4 & 5.

That is excellent news; v1 has always been a fave (of mine) but it’s now showing it’s age!! BrisVegas is my ex-hometown and I often use YBBN as a point of departure or arrival. Looking forward to v2’s eventual release - I don’t mind paying for someone else’s hard work to develop a new contemporary version of the airport. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2020 at 9:11 AM, Ed Correia said:

We have commenced development on Brisbane v2 which will be a complete rework of the original and with its new layout.

 

There will be an upgrade fee (to be determined still) and at this point will only be available for P3D v4 & 5.

Since there is only 1 Aussie Airport in the new sim - and we now know Orbx's relationship with the sim

fingers / toes crossed  - maybe what  Ed was describing - Brisbane V2  - will be our first brand-new airport in  in MSFS

with the 2 runways

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

Since there is only 1 Aussie Airport in the new sim - and we now know Orbx's relationship with the sim

fingers / toes crossed  - maybe what  Ed was describing - Brisbane V2  - will be our first brand-new airport in  in MSFS

with the 2 runways

Jeeeeez that would be good - I’ll be an early adopter of FS2020. But I wouldn’t want to discourage Orbx from concurrent devel for P3D which will remain on my system, and be used, for quite some time to come :-) I have waaaaaay to much Orbx and other 3rd party devel loving installed/invested in P3D.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Good afternoon all and hope everyone is safe and well.

So any further news from Orbx about the YBBN V2 upgrade please? Its been over 2 months and nothing further.

Stay well

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

as I understand the comments made, the intention was not to update but to make a whole new version.

Airport development is not measured in weeks or even sometimes in months.

Please be patient.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is really good news.  I remember being amazed by YBBN v1 - now it's slow, clunky and just old.   I was considering disabling it and using the new version in FTX Aus which includes the new runway.

 

Orbx has been a victim of their own success, they were quick to develop Australian airports which means most (apart from YMML) are reaching their end of lives.   It will be great when these get upgraded to the latest tech.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2020 at 6:57 PM, Justin Thomas said:

This is really good news.  I remember being amazed by YBBN v1 - now it's slow, clunky and just old.   I was considering disabling it and using the new version in FTX Aus which includes the new runway.

 

Orbx has been a victim of their own success, they were quick to develop Australian airports which means most (apart from YMML) are reaching their end of lives.   It will be great when these get upgraded to the latest tech.

I agree I feel like I kind of got ripped off but then again it’s my own fault for not doing more research on it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2020 at 7:27 AM, Justin Thomas said:

This is really good news.  I remember being amazed by YBBN v1 - now it's slow, clunky and just old.   I was considering disabling it and using the new version in FTX Aus which includes the new runway.

 

 

I know I am getting old but I don't think that I am at the Rip Van Winkle stage just yet

but I'm beginning  to think that I have actually missed something - 

(but I seem to remember Nick commenting on this mod to Aus V2sometime ago)

 

So I just took a quick flight in AU V2 - but I couldn't find a NEW 2nd Runway

see SS below of MY Aus  V2

  

The old short runway is still there - (which is now closed) and in the YBBN version

I could see the old Eagle Farm Runway - but no new Major one opened in July

Brisbane Airport AUV2.jpg

Edited by John Heaton
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

 

I know I am getting old but I don't think that I am at the Rip Van Winkle stage just yet

but I'm beginning  to think that I have actually missed something - 

(but I seem to remember Nick commenting on this mod to Aus V2sometime ago)

 

So I just took a quick flight in AU V2 - but I couldn't find a NEW 2nd Runway

see SS below of MY Aus  V2

  

The old short runway is still there - (which is now closed) and in the YBBN version

I could see the old Eagle Farm Runway - but no new Major one opened in July

Brisbane Airport AUV2.jpg

Is that the default airport? V5?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, John Heaton said:

but I couldn't find a NEW 2nd Runway

Hello John

If you have installed the update to YBBN, you will have to disable the original YBBN product, although you will now see the 2nd runway the cranes in the docks are missing, hopefully with the the proposed new YBBN product these will appear again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Navigator16 said:

Is that the default airport? V5?

this what i said in my dissitation  ;-

"

So I just took a quick flight in AU V2 - but I couldn't find a NEW 2nd Runway

see SS below of MY Aus  V2

  

8 hours ago, Smudger said:

Hello John

If you have installed the update to YBBN, you will have to disable the original YBBN product, although you will now see the 2nd runway the cranes in the docks are missing, hopefully with the the proposed new YBBN product these will appear again.

hi Smudge

 

That's the whole point of my dissitation - I have neither heard - or seen - any update to YBBN - nor 

has any been offered to me by Central where I go to almost every day - any that is --  I can remember anyway

 

Should my memory be at a loss - and such an update has been done by Central - wouldn't Central remove the old one ??

Edited by John Heaton
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

1. there has been no update to the Orbx payware version of YBBN.

There will be a version 2.

 

2. Graham has indeed updated the version of YBBN that is included in Australia version 2.

 

3. If you prefer to see that new version instead of your payware version, you must do two things.

a) disable or uninstall the payware version.

b) reinstate these files by renaming

ADE_FTX_AUS_YBBN.BGL.disabled-by-ybbn

ADE_FTX_AUS_YBBN_CVX.BGL.disabled-by-ybbn

FTX_AUS_YBBN_objects.BGL.disabled-by-ybbn

to

ADE_FTX_AUS_YBBN.BGL

ADE_FTX_AUS_YBBN_CVX.BGL

FTX_AUS_YBBN_objects.BGL

 

Be aware that if you leave the payware Orbx version installed, each time you run Sync Simulator,

Orbx Central will undo this and you will have to do it again.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John Heaton said:

this what i said in my dissitation  ;-

"

So I just took a quick flight in AU V2 - but I couldn't find a NEW 2nd Runway

see SS below of MY Aus  V2

  

hi Smudge

 

That's the whole point of my dissitation - I have neither heard - or seen - any update to YBBN - nor 

has any been offered to me by Central where I go to almost every day - any that is --  I can remember anyway

 

Should my memory be at a loss - and such an update has been done by Central - wouldn't Central remove the old one ??

 

 

The update is within the Australia v2 Region, not YBBN.  If you wish to use the new runway you must uninstall YBBN.

If you have YBBN installed the file in question "ADE_FTX_AUS_YBBN.BGL" will be named "ADE_FTX_AUS_YBBN.BGL.disabled-by-ybbn" and thus won't be loaded.

 

I have opened this file up in ADE and confirm it has the new layout. 

 

It would be nice if Orbx could add the new runway and taxiways to the existing YBBN product even if the new additions where just vanilla P3D surfaces, while we wait for YBBN v2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 4:22 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

 

1. there has been no update to the Orbx payware version of YBBN.

There will be a version 2.

 

2. Graham has indeed updated the version of YBBN that is included in Australia version 2.

 

3. If you prefer to see that new version instead of your payware version, you must do two things.

a) disable or uninstall the payware version.

b) reinstate these files by renaming

ADE_FTX_AUS_YBBN.BGL.disabled-by-ybbn

ADE_FTX_AUS_YBBN_CVX.BGL.disabled-by-ybbn

FTX_AUS_YBBN_objects.BGL.disabled-by-ybbn

to

ADE_FTX_AUS_YBBN.BGL

ADE_FTX_AUS_YBBN_CVX.BGL

FTX_AUS_YBBN_objects.BGL

 

Be aware that if you leave the payware Orbx version installed, each time you run Sync Simulator,

Orbx Central will undo this and you will have to do it again.

Cool thanks Nick 

Edited by Navigator16
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...