Jump to content

London City Review ULTRA settings 2D & VR


Recommended Posts

Welcome to another Orbx review series where we take a detailed look at a region or airport in both 2D and VR modes. Today we check out the iconic London City Airport and see if we can run at extreme graphics settings in Vulkan beta 10.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy realistic night reflections! You didn’t point out your car in the parking lot! Yes, you can spend a lot (too much) time looking around on the ground and not actually flying.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@vfr_steve - great review thanks. For comparison purposes, let me tell you the performace that I manage with my set up.

 

Laminar default weather - no VR - no Vulkan. With similar cloud cover to here, I get about 15 to 16 fps in and around London City airport. About 18 to 19 fps with clear skies. I'm hoping with Vulkan I'll get over the 20 fps.

 

Desktop PC with ....

Intel i9-7920X 12 x 2.90GHz
GeForce RTX2080Ti 11Gb
32Gb RAM DDR4 3000Mz
1Tb SSD M.2 PCle
3Tb HDD
USB 3.1
WiFi
HDMI 2.0
4K resolution
Windows 10

 

Funny thing is, my screenshot facility normally works fine, but won't show the settings/graphics page, but only the xp default picture behind it, so I've taken a picture of my settings table using a camera to take the picture.

MyGraphicsSettings.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that

I am beginning to realise how the Win 10 version that people are using is assuming the same importance as their computer specs

I have been stuck on v 1709 and looking forward to improvements as I update 

I did have to involve my local computer shop as all my efforts to update failed

xxd09

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 3:30 PM, orbmoke said:

@vfr_steve - great review thanks. For comparison purposes, let me tell you the performace that I manage with my set up.

 

Laminar default weather - no VR - no Vulkan. With similar cloud cover to here, I get about 15 to 16 fps in and around London City airport. About 18 to 19 fps with clear skies. I'm hoping with Vulkan I'll get over the 20 fps.

 

Desktop PC with ....

Intel i9-7920X 12 x 2.90GHz
GeForce RTX2080Ti 11Gb
32Gb RAM DDR4 3000Mz
1Tb SSD M.2 PCle
3Tb HDD
USB 3.1
WiFi
HDMI 2.0
4K resolution
Windows 10

 

Funny thing is, my screenshot facility normally works fine, but won't show the settings/graphics page, but only the xp default picture behind it, so I've taken a picture of my settings table using a camera to take the picture.

MyGraphicsSettings.jpg

 

Many thanks! Yes Vulkan has a huge impact on performance now,  although I still use 11.41 most of the time for my regular flying. 

 

Cheers,

Steve

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xxd09 said:

vfr_steve.  What Win 10 version-2004?

xxd09

 

I'm not sure exactly although I'm pretty sure it's the very latest build. How can I find out for certain?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vfr_steve said:

 

I'm not sure exactly although I'm pretty sure it's the very latest build. How can I find out for certain?

Or ... even easier to find which version of Windows 10 that you have is just to move your cursor on your desktop down to the bottom left of your screen and in the search box there type in 'Windows 10 version' and a menu will pop up saying 'Check your version of Windows'. Left click on that and up pops a window revealing all.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vfr_steve said:

Many thanks! I'm running Windows 10 Home, 1909

Ok, but that's not the latest version - I presume you do realise that don't you? The latest version is 2004 which is a fairly recent release.

 

Excuse me if you are already aware, but just type in 'Windows Update' in that same search box at the bottom left of your desktop and a menu will pop up with the words 'Windows Update' and then just click on that and follow the instructions to update the software (assuming that's what you wish to do of course).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2020 at 11:26 PM, orbmoke said:

Ok, but that's not the latest version - I presume you do realise that don't you? The latest version is 2004 which is a fairly recent release.

 

Excuse me if you are already aware, but just type in 'Windows Update' in that same search box at the bottom left of your desktop and a menu will pop up with the words 'Windows Update' and then just click on that and follow the instructions to update the software (assuming that's what you wish to do of course).

 

 

I honestly hadn't realised! Is it worth updating? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I think it's always important to update the operating system whenever Microsoft announces one. If there are any bugs and improvements to their operating system, then fixes will be included in any update.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...