Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, gumbypickett said:

Very nice shot KDK. But what was the mission with Ansett? I expected 

 it down here given we are a little bit behind the times.:wacko:

cheers

Gumby

Thanks Gumby.

You know me, I am not really into having planes that match the area I am flying in.:lol:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The title made me already think you were flying in northern Africa, Martyn, but I could not totally read it...

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Cairo, which is close to Egypt.

I heard so in my old school times. As well as in Aida by Verdi. Or so.

 

12 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

You know me, I am not really into having planes that match the area I am flying in.:lol:

No way even if you were into that - there are not enough liveries for Africa :-[

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Gumby.

You know me, I am not really into having planes that match the area I am flying in.:lol:

Fair enough l'm still waiting for the IPEC Argosy  to come down .:unsure:

cheers 

Gumby

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

The title made me already think you were flying in northern Africa, Martyn, but I could not totally read it...

I heard so in my old school times. As well as in Aida by Verdi. Or so.

 

No way even if you were into that - there are not enough liveries for Africa :-[

Thanks Gerold, there is no hiding anything from you is there!:lol:

We might get some African liveries now that OLC has been released with any luck.;)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gumbypickett said:

Fair enough l'm still waiting for the IPEC Argosy  to come down .:unsure:

cheers 

Gumby

Now you are talking, I can remember them from when I first moved to Oz in 1981 and the furore when they bulldozed them one week end after they were retired. From what I read in one aviation magazine some of the IPEC staff were furious.

Maybe JF will come eventually come up with one as there are so many liveries they can be decked out in. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

We might get some African liveries now that OLC has been released with any luck.;)

I hope the same, Martyn. But given the huge variation of aircraft we fly, a substantial coverage will take some time...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I am not sure if you are into freeware stuff Gerold. 

This is the only African one I have found on this site so far and I have used many of Chris Evan's packages over the years without any problems.

https://simviation.com/1/download-file?file=a322_air_cairo.zip&fileId=57690

I am always reluctant with freeware planes, due to limited quality and the difficulty to remove them completely from all folders when not successful in my test.

I am open to freeware scenery, in case our preferred supplier does not offer anything for the region.

I do not have any limits to freeware liveries, they are full under the users control. My favourite was always AussieX, but I´ll check your hint as well - thanks Martyn!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I am always reluctant with freeware planes, due to limited quality and the difficulty to remove them completely from all folders when not successful in my test.

I am open to freeware scenery, in case our preferred supplier does not offer anything for the region.

I do not have any limits to freeware liveries, they are full under the users control. My favourite was always AussieX, but I´ll check your hint as well - thanks Martyn!

That is understandable Gerold.

These are cut and paste though with no installer so I imagine if you did have any problems it would be easy to remove everything.

AussieX was a goldmine for liveries wasn't it.:(

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Now you are talking, I can remember them from when I first moved to Oz in 1981 and the furore when they bulldozed them one week end after they were retired. From what I read in one aviation magazine some of the IPEC staff were furious.

Maybe JF will come eventually come up with one as there are so many liveries they can be decked out in. 

I agree, the sound of those two or three times a night flights from Essendon are still sound in 

my ear, only to be replaced by 2 dc9s also non existent. What happened to the good old days?;)

Have a good one 

cheers 

Gumby

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

I agree, the sound of those two or three times a night flights from Essendon are still sound in 

my ear, only to be replaced by 2 dc9s also non existent. What happened to the good old days?;)

Have a good one 

cheers 

Gumby

Thanks Gumby, same with me and the Ansett Electras. 

What happened to the good old days indeed.

Take care down there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 2:49 PM, adambar said:

I thought WTH when I saw the title Martyn, was about to make an eye doctor appointment. :D

Great shot indeed. :)

Thanks Adam, I know why you were confused though.

I bet you read it from the left instead of the right!;):rolleyes::lol:

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2020 at 12:16 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Holy cow, another huge and dense area!  Orbx did a fantastic job here.  And hooray for Big Head Martyn!

Cheers Jack, very glad Big Head is up and running in V5.

Not bad for OLC is it. Now some of these cities look so much more realistic.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Adam, I know why you were confused though.

I bet you read it from the left instead of the right!;):rolleyes::lol:

Jack, Arabic script reads from the right to left.:)

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...