Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

Is it possible to create an exclude for road lights at KMCO? The issue is it all four bridges in the attached images

 

MCO 1 - Bridge's on Taxiway's E and F

 

MCO 2 - Bridge (Taxiway F)

 

MCO 3 - Bridge (Taxiway J - Between 17L and 17R)

 

MCO 4 - Bridge (Taxiway J - Between 17R and 18L)

 

I tried creating an exclude in the ADE and it didn't remove the lights. 

 

Any help appreciated!

MCO_1.png

MCO_2.png

MCO_3.png

MCO_4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

is this another developer's addon version of KMCO please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

is this another developer's addon version of KMCO please?

Hi Nick,

 

This is Taxi2Gate KMCO It's essentially all bridges display vector lights through them, no other issues at all with Vector.

 

Regards

Edited by Cathal Kavanagh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you would need to exclude the Vector road segments over which those lights appear.  I had a similar problem when I had created a custom AFCAD to extend runway 10R/28L at KFLL; in this case the lights over US 1 would appear above the runway.  The problem with excluding the roads is you'll end up excluding a length which can run miles in either direction which would then have to be drawn back in, and still won't match what was excluded.  In other words it can be far more trouble than it's worth.

Edited by Sabretooth78
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2020 at 11:20 AM, Sabretooth78 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you would need to exclude the Vector road segments over which those lights appear.  I had a similar problem when I had created a custom AFCAD to extend runway 10R/28L at KFLL; in this case the lights over US 1 would appear above the runway.  The problem with excluding the roads is you'll end up excluding a length which can run miles in either direction which would then have to be drawn back in, and still won't match what was excluded.  In other words it can be far more trouble than it's worth.

 

For me, the road segments themselves are excluded but the road lights still remain.  What kind of exclusion poly would you use for the lights?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

 

For me, the road segments themselves are excluded but the road lights still remain.  What kind of exclusion poly would you use for the lights?

 

Good question - I've never had occasion (nor reason) to try and figure that one out.  I may have run into that while creating my KFLL AFCAD but that was so long ago...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2020 at 5:14 PM, CaptKornDog said:

 

For me, the road segments themselves are excluded but the road lights still remain.  What kind of exclusion poly would you use for the lights?

 

This is my exact issue, you cannot exclude the lights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...