Des

Orbx central freezes before download completed of True Earth GB Central, North and South

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  Xplane 11

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Over a year ago, I purchased all the True Earth GB regions. I still can't enjoy my scenery despite posting several requests for help, spending hours searching the forums, and uninstalling and reinstalling Central countless times. My most recent post was uploaded at the start of May, and no one has responded. Central appears to download and unzip the files and folders, but for each region, freezes the process at 23%. I have just kept Central running for 3 days withy TE North, all the pre-requisites are in place, I have plenty of drive space and a system which runs  Xplane at a good frame rate and high resolution textures. Please advise why install freezes, and how to bypass this message. Otherwise,  please advise how I can obtain a refund. Thank you. Central log attached.

central log 07.06.20.zip

Hello,

if not, can you try this?

Hello,

please try checking all the prerequisite software and update it as necessary.

Running the Windows system scan might also be a good idea.

Yes, I see six Orbx Central processes and one OrbxCentralWorker.exe entry.

Once you have done that, close all the instances, uninstall Orbx Central and delete:

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Orbx-central-updater

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Programs\Orbx-central

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Orbx

Your TMP file location\Orbx

Then reinstall and see if it is fixed.

Thanks.

Thanks both. Re my antivirus, I have it set to recognise Orbx and have set permission to download. I will try the steps you suggest, Nick, including updating the prerequisite software and let you know how I get on. Thank you both for your prompt response.

• Thanks 1

Hello. I followed the steps suggested by Nick. I'd actually run Windows system scan about 6 weeks ago, it identified a handful of corrupt files which were replaced or repaired, although none seemed to have any obvious link to Orbx. I uninstalled then re-installed the pre-requisite software, again I had done this several times before. I then uninstalled Orbx Central and deleted the files listed. I then re-installed Orbx, and launched the install of TE GB Central. I'm afraid I got the same result, it all worked smoothly until the 23% mark, then seemed to just stop working. I ran Central for 48 hours, but no further conversion appears to have taken place. I'm happy to try the steps once again if it would help provide more data. I have Orbx Central ticked as trusted in my Firewall and allowed Orbx Central and Orbx FTXEUNIR110 as trusted apps. I've set my anti virus to allow Orbx apps etc. through. Thank you. 

central log 11.06.20.zip

Hello,

it would appear that the files have started to download but the extraction process has failed to start.

Can you try reinstalling all the prerequisite software please?

Thanks Nick, will do. 

Hello Nick. I have done what you suggested, re-started my computer then launched Central. I let it run for several hours, then closed it down, and re-opened. No progress, I'm afraid. It simply continues to shows 23% progress, and does not appear to have started the extraction process, as far as I can tell. Log attached. I have a dedicated 1TB hard drive I use for Xplane, but install the libraries on my C drive. 

central log 13.06.20.zip

Thanks,

I see that the extraction process does not start.

I think we will need to wait for advice from the Orbx Central developers.

Thanks Nick, appreciate your help.

Hello Nick. Would you have a timeline by which the development team will have considered possible solutions to my extraction issues? Thank you. 

Hello Des, 
I am noticing similar issue with Orbx Central, ie. major downloads or file verification processes stopping at around 70-80% and there seems to be no other choice left than just shut down Orbx Central it and then reopen it, which then "miraculously" displays the process as being complete.
Have a great day
Rafal

2 hours ago, Des said:

Hello Nick. Would you have a timeline by which the development team will have considered possible solutions to my extraction issues? Thank you. 

Hello,

unfortunately, I am in the same position as you, I have sent messages and your topic is in the correct forum but we can only wait for someone to read them.

Thanks Rafal, I'm glad I'm not alone!

Thanks Nick for following up for me.

Des

You are not alone!!  Similar problems trying to download PAKT, KSAN, and other large Orbx files.  Monitoring network activity with Task Manager, it starts at about 2%.  Started downloading PAKT at 8:06 PM.  At 8:52 pm had loaded 437 of 929.86 MB, and network activity was zero.  At 2:30 AM had loaded 661 of 929.86 MB, zero network activity, so gave up and turned computer off.  Message in log file mainly said 'Download Interrupted'.  Adds a new line every second or so, so the log files get very large.  Have no problems downloading other large files, appears that the problem is with Orbx Central.

Jim Kaye

Thanks Jim. In my case, the files appear to download, but the extraction process fails to start, and this freeze starts at 23%. I have no problems downloading other large files, for example via Steam, so hopefully the developers will identify the issue, which I agree must be to do with Central.