TE Northern California for P3Dv4+ Around Monterey.

Wow.  In that third frame, I can see the Defense Language Institute and the buildings where we studied, and football fields where we played ball, etc.  

A lot of memories packed into a number of these shots.  Amazing scenery, guys.

Edited by Ripcord
  • Like 1

I hope they put the wharfs in around Monterey Bay.  All four of them were left out of the XP version.  Can you show a shot of them?  Especially the one at Monterey and the one at the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz.

All four POIs were requested, approved for inclusion but omitted in the XP version.  <_<

Edited by Breeze
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, Breeze said:

All four POIs were requested, approved for inclusion but omitted in the XP version.  <_<

When you "approved", who approved it? POIs can be requested and we'll take them in to consideration and do include many requested, but we don't officially approve/confirm which ones are being added. 

19 hours ago, Breeze said:

I hope they put the wharfs in around Monterey Bay.  All four of them were left out of the XP version.  Can you show a shot of them?  Especially the one at Monterey and the one at the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz.

G'day Jimmy, 

If it helps, Fishermans Wharf, Cannery Row, and a bunch of other Monterey landmarks are all included in our KMRY package, which will be fully compatible with the upcoming TrueEarth region. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Jarrad, will all the airports in the Norcal area be compatible? Are there any color differences in the photoreal imagery? 

1 hour ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

G'day Jimmy, 

If it helps, Fishermans Wharf, Cannery Row, and a bunch of other Monterey landmarks are all included in our KMRY package, which will be fully compatible with the upcoming TrueEarth region. 

3 minutes ago, fabs79 said:

Hi Jarrad, will all the airports in the Norcal area be compatible? Are there any color differences in the photoreal imagery? 

I'll leave this for others to comment on, but for KMRY there will be a small service pack released not too far after TE Northern California, and yes it will include an optional PR that blends with the TE color palette. 

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

When you "approved", who approved it? POIs can be requested and we'll take them in to consideration and do include many requested, but we don't officially approve/confirm which ones are being added. 

Thank you for responding Tony.  They were requested in the following threads and supposedly added to the list and accepted for inclusion.  Would be greatly appreciated if they could be included in a service pack.  They are included in the kmz file.

The Cement Ship with wharf was included.  The ship is a derelict, all broken up.  Good job on that.

http://localsantacruz.com/history/history-seacliff-beach-cement-ship/

Dam in Sacramento

The POIs were also mentioned in a Bug Report here

I was under the impression that since they were accepted for inclusion and appear on the kmz file that they would be included.  Whatever the outcome, I truly appreciate your attention to this matter.  Thank you!

Sorry to interrupt your great shots Iain.

@Tony Wroblewski

On 6/8/2020 at 4:48 AM, Tony Wroblewski said:

On 6/8/2020 at 9:45 AM, Breeze said:

Thank you for responding Tony.  They were requested in the following threads and supposedly added to the list and accepted for inclusion.  Would be greatly appreciated if they could be included in a service pack.  They are included in the kmz file.

The Cement Ship with wharf was included.  The ship is a derelict, all broken up.  Good job on that.

http://localsantacruz.com/history/history-seacliff-beach-cement-ship/

Dam in Sacramento

The POIs were also mentioned in a Bug Report here

I was under the impression that since they were accepted for inclusion and appear on the kmz file that they would be included.  Whatever the outcome, I truly appreciate your attention to this matter.  Thank you!

Sorry to interrupt your great shots Iain.

Tony I've written about this three times now and have yet to get any acknowledgement from you or Orbx one way or the other.  It was Orbx that asked for input on the POIs for Northern California for XP.  Am I just wasting my time with this?  Can you get these into a service pack for XP?  They are are in the kmz file of POIs. Thank you.

Edit:  I realize this is not the proper forum for this issue.  Moderators please move if you feel it is necessary.  If you move it, please insure Tony is notified.  Thank you.

Edited by Breeze
On 6/8/2020 at 9:41 AM, Jarrad Marshall said:

G'day Jimmy, 

So are you saying that Monterey is being ported to XP? Because currently KMRY is not available for XP, and it was XP that the OP was referring to.