Favourite Asian Sim-Destinations  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you like to fly to / in / from in Asia?

• Japan (Tokyo, Osaka, ...)
    • Korea (Seoul, ...)
    • Northern China (Beijing, ...)
    • Eastern China / Taiwan (Shanghai, Taipeh, ...)
    • Pearl River / Southern China (Hong Kong, Guangzhou, ...)
    • Indonesia / PNG / Philippines (Jakarta, Manila, ...)
    • Islands of the Pacific Ocean (Guam, Fidshi, Samoa, ...)
    • South Eastern Asia (Bangkok, Singapore, ...)
    • India / Sri Lanka (Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Colombo, ...)
    • Nepal / Bhutan / Tibet (Kathmandu, Lukla, Paro, Lhasa, ...)
    • Central Asia and the Caucasus (Baku, Yerevan, Almaty, ...)
    • Siberia / Russian East (Irkutsk, Vladivostok, ...)
    • Iran / Pakistan / Afghanistan (Tehran, Karatchi, Lahore, Kabul, ...)
    • Israel and the Levant (Tel Aviv, Beirut, Bagdad, ...)

Multiple Choice Poll (you can vote as many options as you like)

Asia is the earth's biggest continent. Where do you like to fly to in this vast area? Which area do you prefer for flying? Which destinations, cities and regions appeal the most to you? I aimed to create a poll that presents each broader destination area with some key cities in each, without getting too much into detail.

Please leave your vote here. You can vote as many options as you like.

• Like 2

Wherever there are (collections of) good PW airports. Unfortunately there aren't too many in Asia, at least not nearby each other for short haul / domestic flights.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you mean where would I like to fly if there was good scenery to support it, or do you mean where do I like to fly given what scenery we have? To the extent that I have flown in Asia it was dull because everything looked the same and the landclass scenery was very obviously repeating every few miles. In other words, there was no real sense of exploration or of discovery, and hence it was of little interest to me. If there were interesting or unique places to discover, I would go there. I recall people commenting of Orbx in earlier years, 'oh but I don't fly in Australia'. The point I would make is, I only started flying around Australia because Orbx (and OZx) created it and it made it interesting to explore.

If you're really asking which places in Asia do people have some connection to and hence would like to see interestnig scenery for, well that's for others to answer. I have no actual connections to Asia. Having looked again at your title, I'd fly pretty much any of those places if it felt like they were genuinely worth exploring.

Edited by MarkH
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, MarkH said:

To the extent that I have flow in Asia it was dull because everything looked the same and the landclass scenery was very obviously repeating every few miles. In other words, there was no real sense of exploration or of discovery, and hence it was of little interest to me.

I am nearly completely in line with you, Mark. There is only few parts of the Himalaya where you already get some impression.

15 minutes ago, MarkH said:

If there were interesting or unique places to discover, I would go there.

Next agreement. Me too!

17 minutes ago, MarkH said:

The point I would make is, I only started flying around Australia because Orbx (and OZx) created it and it made it interesting to explore.

That´s exactly the situation for me with Africa. And I learn so much about the lands there now!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, MarkH said:

I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you mean where would I like to fly if there was good scenery to support it, or do you mean where do I like to fly given what scenery we have? To the extent that I have flown in Asia it was dull because everything looked the same and the landclass scenery was very obviously repeating every few miles. In other words, there was no real sense of exploration or of discovery, and hence it was of little interest to me. If there were interesting or unique places to discover, I would go there. I recall people commenting of Orbx in earlier years, 'oh but I don't fly in Australia'. The point I would make is, I only started flying around Australia because Orbx (and OZx) created it and it made it interesting to explore.

If you're really asking which places in Asia do people have some connection to and hence would like to see interestnig scenery for, well that's for others to answer. I have no actual connections to Asia. Having looked again at your title, I'd fly pretty much any of those places if it felt like they were genuinely worth exploring.

My question is not directly related to scenery. I would just like to know where people like to fly to in Asia. Out of the blue.

If you're potentially interested in flying in / to / from any of the above mentioned areas, please vote any option. 

Thank you all for voting so far. I totally understand that you're willing to fly to where there's a decent, interesting scenery provided. The poll was intended to learn where you preferably fly, independent from the scenery. It's quite tricky to create a poll with the "right" question that's instantly clear for everyone. I hope that I managed to achieve that.

I've made a little map to illustrate the results of the poll so far:

ZJ9yVZ1.png

How I made this: I divided the maximum number of votes into four and gave the regions dots in four sizes according to the number of votes received by each.

• Like 1

dear Captain Lars

What you now seem to have done - is to split this very interesting discussion - where  you are the O.P - 

into 2 separate forum positions - thus watering down the flow of info

- unless you intended this latest to be a "BUMP" type page ??B) - or do we continue to contribute to 

this page - or the old one

9 hours ago, John Heaton said:

dear Captain Lars

What you now seem to have done - is to split this very interesting discussion - where  you are the O.P - 

into 2 separate forum positions - thus watering down the flow of info

- unless you intended this latest to be a "BUMP" type page ??B) - or do we continue to contribute to 

this page - or the old one

I'm curious to learn which places in Asia people might find the most interesting for flightsim, even though the very existence of a scenery rises the interest in flying there. Just as a new road increases the traffic. :)

This is interesting for a potential OpenLC Asia, too, but this should be discussed over at the other thread.

Edited by Captain Lars