Ste_88

answered LGKO Extremely poor performance

Posted (edited)

Hello, 

I'm writing this lines in order to report an extremely low performance on LGKO airport. My frames with (FSLabs, MD82, PMDG NGXU) passess from 40 to 18-20 when approaching this airport.

This is also noted in Wien airport, but i thought it was due to the complexity of LOWW.

Arriving at the end of the runway when the terminal is far, fps return to 40, while the terminal is near the aircraft the fps drops down of 20 and more.

I've more complex sceneries and i've never noted something similar. Moreover, Kos is an island, so the sorroundings are not "full of autogen".

Moreover, when approaching the airport the Sim freezes itself for about 3/4 seconds.

Here below my specs:

P3DV4.5 (last updated version with the lastest hotfix), 

i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (6 CPUs), ~3.7GHz (overclocked at 4.8 Ghz),

16 Gb RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (SSD both for the OS and the Simulator, with 1000Gb Dedicated) 

Thanks for the help, as it is it's really impossibile enjoy the scenery. The simulation isn't smooth at all

Edited by Ste_88
  • Upvote 1

Hi, 

We are not seeing many performace issues or that kind of feedbacks with LGKO and LOWW. Those 2 are well optimize and updated. 

I'm not argue about your personal experience however any compression to other more or less complex airports is irrelevant since it can assist to solve something. 

The only option to try and check where is the probelm is to have fresh install of P3D and install addon by addon to check who is the culprit- if it's Gaya Kos/Vienna or other addon (s) affect. 

Hello thanks for feedback, i can confirm that the setup has been made on a fresh copy of P3DV4.5 due to the last HF3 Release. 

I know that comparing it to other airports can be irrelevant to your experience, but it's relevant to my experience that with a fresh setup of both LGKO and LOWW (even with here we're talking about LGKO) the performance is poor and lower even with default planes. In Kos, as already explained in the first topic it seems that is the terminal and related sourroundings which cause 20 fps (And more drop) like there's something wrong with the compression of the textures/layers or similar. As explained, i'm a little bit surprised considering that LGKO is an Island, with no autogen in the nearbies. I hope that this can help you in finding some solutions to improve the user experience.

Regards

Can confirm low FPS, too. At both airports, Kos and Vienna. My PC is definitely far from good, but if I´m able to run AS Frankfurt Professional or AS Heathrow Professional, even Flytampa Toronto (which is probably the most unfriendly scenery in regards of FPS, except for my twi Gaya sceneries) with higher frames, then there has to be something odd here. I remember back, there was an update for Kos which "promised" better FPS, however, on my side, nothing changed. Better quality, lack of FPS, of course, but at these two airports, the FPS are just too low. I really vove Gaya Simulations, but that´s something, which really makes me kinda mad, because both, Vienna and Kos are important for me. Kos as an airport, I love to fly to, Vienna as an airport, where about 30% of my flights depart from and arrive to. Currently, I can´t use both. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

Flytampa Toronto (which is probably the most unfriendly scenery in regards of FPS

ja ja

Phew!! I thought it was my computer

I don't suffer anything at Kos. Actually it looks better now. Don't have Vienna yet

Have you guys tried uninstall and reinstall?

Do that happen to you anytime? I mean, I was flying an airport yesterday at day and run smoothly but at dusk it was like is slow camera, so something is wrong with it

So does your problem happen at any time of the day? This could help Raz checking specific items

Is your copy installed through Orbx ?

But I would uninstall and reinstall sometimes that help when I find issues

Good luck

Edited by carlosqr

@carlosqr yes i've made several deletion and fresh LGKO (and LOWW too) setup. The performance is low, constant low in each time of the day.

I'm checking right now some animation bgl included in folder scenery (which are not disabled by the configurator) which can cause the issue. I'll report back if something change

2 minutes ago, Ste_88 said:

@carlosqr yes i've made several deletion and fresh LGKO (and LOWW too) setup. The performance is low, constant low in each time of the day.

I'm checking right now some animation bgl included in folder scenery (which are not disabled by the configurator) which can cause the issue. I'll report back if something change

Grazie

Maybe you'd like to share with Raz your computer specifications and/or your settings... he might detect something?.. that could be affecting

ciao

Same for me. Reinstalled both airports a bunch of times already. I think, there´s not even need to share any specs. For me, it´s sure that the airports have something built in, which quite a few machines out there cannot handle. How else could it be that I can use FSL A320 family at Aerosoft Heathrow and I don´t face any stutters, but at a much smaller airport (more details, yes, but much much smaller) like Kos I face stutters? Extreme stutters. 

And it´s not even about how good your PC is. I´ve seen people reporting bad frames at Gaya Airports with probably the best specs I´ve seen so far. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

Same for me. Reinstalled both airports a bunch of times already. I think, there´s not even need to share any specs. For me, it´s sure that the airports have something built in, which quite a few machines out there cannot handle. How else could it be that I can use FSL A320 family at Aerosoft Heathrow and I don´t face any stutters, but at a much smaller airport (more details, yes, but much much smaller) like Kos I face stutters? Extreme stutters. 

And it´s not even about how good your PC is. I´ve seen people reporting bad frames at Gaya Airports with probably the best specs I´ve seen so far. 

Are your airports added through Orbx of installed through Gaya?

That could be a reason... somehow... Everything must be discarded

I have Gaya through Orbx and have no issues at Kos

7 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Are your airports added through Orbx of installed through Gaya?

That could be a reason... somehow... Everything must be discarded

I have Gaya through Orbx and have no issues at Kos

All through Orbx. Thanks for trying to help btw. Very much appreciated. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel Reber said:

All through Orbx. Thanks for trying to help btw. Very much appreciated. 

Ok lets wait for Raz to be back with you guys

Good luck

Posted (edited)

unknown.png

Hello, i've made further test and these are the files i've disabled and which cause severe stutters and 20fps less in KOS.

People and statics were already disabled by the configurator.

Disabling them:

- the freeze in loading scenery when approaching has been completely solved;

- fps (with every aircraft) have been always between 37 and 45, giving a completely smooth experience.

Probably, there's something issue with one of the above. Now Kos is enjoyable and noone of the above has an impact on the quality of the scenery (they are only "aesthetic bgl" let me say).

I will look at LOWW when i've got a few time to see if something else has an impact on the performance, at least on my Rig.

Regards

Edited by Ste_88
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2020 at 10:31 PM, Ste_88 said:

unknown.png

Hello, i've made further test and these are the files i've disabled and which cause severe stutters and 20fps less in KOS.

People and statics were already disabled by the configurator.

Disabling them:

- the freeze in loading scenery when approaching has been completely solved;

- fps (with every aircraft) have been always between 37 and 45, giving a completely smooth experience.

Probably, there's something issue with one of the above. Now Kos is enjoyable and noone of the above has an impact on the quality of the scenery (they are only "aesthetic bgl" let me say).

I will look at LOWW when i've got a few time to see if something else has an impact on the performance, at least on my Rig.

Regards

Tried that and FPS seem to be much better on my side as well. Thank you. 

Edited by Daniel Reber
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1