Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The new CAC8, CAE3, and CAG8 freeware harbor airports are great to have in V5 and they look terrific. However, there's a glitch in each and everyone of them when sitting at the start dock. The FPS drops drastically, just at the dock. Once you taxi away from the dock everything is fine. I am wondering if that could be checked for any anomalies. I've done fresh installs with each one of them and per Central, they are all installed to the library, like all my other Orbx sceneries. All my other sceneries are fine, these are the only ones with this glitch.

 

Lee

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lee H said:

The new CAC8, CAE3, and CAG8 freeware harbor airports are great to have in V5 and they look terrific. However, there's a glitch in each and everyone of them when sitting at the start dock. The FPS drops drastically, just at the dock. Once you taxi away from the dock everything is fine. I am wondering if that could be checked for any anomalies. I've done fresh installs with each one of them and per Central, they are all installed to the library, like all my other Orbx sceneries. All my other sceneries are fine, these are the only ones with this glitch.

 

Lee

 

I'm sorry Lee,  

 

I can't tell you how many hours I spent during the v5 beta on this this problem and other than using the Control Panel to disable some features, I have no solution nor does LM at this point although I can tell you the situation is much improved from what first was.  I've had to greatly reduce my settings to accommodate on my own setup.   The reason that CAE3 and CAC8 are primarily  affected is that there are large numbers of very complex models very close to the aircraft when docking as opposed to distances at  many airports. The current explanation I get from LM is that there is a trade-off between the new features of v5 and the ability to draw this close up detail. If you wish to consider it a glitch the only option for me at this point would be to remove detail. That would be painful for me.   Please remember this freeware was designed first for v3 and then v4.  

 

I wish I had a more encouraging message for you, but sadly I don't. 

 

Larry

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Larry...yep, there are some problems with using your properties in v5.

I only checked two...CAX6 and CAG8, and here is what I have been experiencing.

1.  0.7-4 FPS at the docks, after the scene building up.

2.  At CAX6, the docks are 'jumping' and seemed to be floating with the waves. The guy in the boathouse is falling (dropping) through the floor, and then spiking up into the air.  Passengers waiting on the dock for the Beaver..same thing...the outside figure drops halfway into the dock and then pops us.  The entire custom land scenery is moving up and down jerking as though trying to 'fit in' to the scenery.   Wind sock on the dock jerking up into the air..dropping into the dock...as you sit there.  I then got Beaver started, and moved away out from your dock and scenery into the channel.  My FPS starting slowly to climb at about 1,000 feet away, to 31.   I then at taxi circled back towards where I started at your dock..and watched the FPS fall until the sim was stuttering, the animation almost at a crawl...and FPS dropping to even below ( I have never seen that figure.) 0.47   All the while your entire custom scenery, moving up and down, jerking and jumping.   I guess, that plainly your great offerings can only be used in 4.5, which has none of the above mentioned.

 

I uninstalled all the properties and PNW Ferries.   If you come up with a fix..., or L.M. does, please let us know!!!

 

Thanks again for such great offering and attempt for use with v5...!

 

Edited by Orbx Flyer
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Larry_R said:

 

I'm sorry Lee,  

 

I can't tell you how many hours I spent during the v5 beta on this this problem and other than using the Control Panel to disable some features, I have no solution nor does LM at this point although I can tell you the situation is much improved from what first was.  I've had to greatly reduce my settings to accommodate on my own setup.   The reason that CAE3 and CAC8 are primarily  affected is that there are large numbers of very complex models very close to the aircraft when docking as opposed to distances at  many airports. The current explanation I get from LM is that there is a trade-off between the new features of v5 and the ability to draw this close up detail. If you wish to consider it a glitch the only option for me at this point would be to remove detail. That would be painful for me.   Please remember this freeware was designed first for v3 and then v4.  

 

I wish I had a more encouraging message for you, but sadly I don't. 

 

Larry

Thanks for the update Larry. Okay, fair enough, I'll disable the sceneries for the moment and see what develops . I might, however, keep the ferries going. They don't seem to have a problem.

 

Lee

Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks, 

 

Ed has kindly consented to removing the seaplane bases from the list of v5 options.  I have no idea of what the future may hold. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lee H said:

Thanks for the update Larry. Okay, fair enough, I'll disable the sceneries for the moment and see what develops . I might, however, keep the ferries going. They don't seem to have a problem.

 

Lee

With me...when I came around the bend and approahed a ferry at the terminal...I started dropping FPS again to around 1 to 4.  In v4.5, I can run near and about them..and no lower than 17 FPS. Even with the ferries I find FPS sucking away in v5.  In many ways, v4.5 has much life left to it!!!!  For one thing everything from Orbx and partners...WORKS!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello.

I have P3d V5, all Orbx NA-areas, openLC NA, FS Global 2020, and CAX6. 

I managed with some luck to get my A2A Piper J-3 CUB with floats up in the air at CAX6, Ganges Water Aerodrome. When leaving the water, the FPS went from very few, to 15-25. When in the air, everything became ok. But it seems that I then was out of the harbor area. When flying over the area, it all began to stutter again. Landing on the sea out in the bay was very smooth, but when navigating towards the harbor with the floats on the water, the FPS got worse and worse. At the end, less than 1 FPS, and a message about SimConnect Error!

Something similiar happened at LUKLA, Aerosoft. When on the ground, the FPS was terrible. After a patch, it became a little better, but not at all good. Turning off the Extended setting, setting the Simplified instead, in the Scenery Tool of LUKLA, everything was ok again.

I hope this problem can be fixed, as it is a very beautiful area.

Regards from Svein H.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...