kaha

TE Washington and NA PNW

To add to YoYo's comment, the new TE Washington looks much better but covers a smaller area than the older PNW product. PNW extends well north of where TE WA ends (which is a bit shy of the 49th parallel) and well south into Oregon, adding custom landclass tiles that replace the blah look of the stock ones. Also, PNW has seasons, something prohibitively expense and storage intensive to do with photoreal.

For comparison, here's a link to the PNW .kmz file for Google Earth: FTX NA Pacific Northwest.kmz

Here's the one for TE WA: TE Washington.kmz

In my opinion,  the two products don't compete with each other as much as they complement each other.

Edited by Gulfstreamtwo
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, YoYo said:

Hmmm... but PNW has larger area so better to have both active but it looks like issue ...

Right now there is an issue when PNW and TE US Washington are both activated at Seattle. The  highest LOD level that paints close to your plane as you fly shows the PNW terrain instead of the TE US Washgtion terrain which is rather jarring and looks very wrong.  This bug has been reported in the Orbx Suport section.

Rod

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Gulfstreamtwo said:

Also, PNW has seasons, something prohibitively expense and storage intensive to do with photoreal...

So here in TE Washington only one season? No winter textures? :(

Ups for me. If yes you have right if PNW will have winter textures here will be summer still?

I have only one TE addon (Netherland) but I have winter textures here.

My favorite places for flying they are PNW plus TF and all of addons from Stiletto2 webpage... something in the title with MM ... ;D

13 hours ago, kaha said:

Can it be they interfere?

I've seen this with TE GBS too, near Southampton.

I don't know if that got solved since I don't use TE GBS anymore.

Hi

Is this what you are referring to? I reported it yesterday, no confirmation yet from Orbx (but it is Sunday) others seem to have the same issue.

Edited by paulk

11 minutes ago, paulk said:

Hi

Is this what you are referring to? I reported it yesterday, no confirmation yet from Orbx yet (but it is Sunday) others seem to have the same issue.

Yes, that's exactly what I am experiencing. Orbx should definitely fix this.

Karl

4 hours ago, YoYo said:

So here in TE Washington only one season? No winter textures? :(

Ups for me. If yes you have right if PNW will have winter textures here will be summer still?

I have only one TE addon (Netherland) but I have winter textures here.

My favorite places for flying they are PNW plus TF and all of addons from Stiletto2 webpage... something in the title with MM ... ;D

You are, of course, referring to the Return to Misty Moorings website that provides freeware addon sceneries that overlay the Orbx SAK,  FSAddonTongas Fjords X and Orbx Pacific Fjords scenery areas.   

Rod

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, YoYo said:

I have only one TE addon (Netherland) but I have winter textures here

TE NL was the very first TE region and the country  is small enough to have multiple seasons within a reasonable file size so Orbx implemented that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stiletto2 said:

You are, of course, referring to the Return to Misty Moorings website that provides freeware addon sceneries that overlay the Orbx SAK,  FSAddonTongas Fjords X and Orbx Pacific Fjords scenery areas.   

Rod

For sure and as BONUS a lot of fantastic ADVENTURES :D !