Sign in to follow this  
TurboKen

Please fix this before TE Oregon release

Hopefully someone see's this in time... 

I recently watched the Washington and Oregon release video's. I will be buying TE Washington this weekend. Seattle looks amazing.

The issue is with downtown Portland. I am hoping the footage of downtown in the video is old as Portland is missing LOT's of building and the highrises that are there are way off in height.

Our second and third tallest buildings are only 60% of the height they should be in the video compared to other buildings, see diagram here for reference.     

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=29

The south water front has 4 or 5 buildings at 325' and only one was in the video.

Please guys Washington and Oregon are going to sell great regardless but someone spend a day fixing portland before the release. Please.

• Confused 1

Do you have the freeware Portland Cityscape installed ? .

John

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BradB said:

Do you have the freeware Portland Cityscape installed ? .

John

Yes, with PNW installed and it looks great. Which is why I don't understand why areas of DT Portland in the video look so inaccurate. Why not use the data from portland cityscape in the new Oregon scenery and improve on that. Again watching the video most of it looks absolutely amazing, But I hope they touch up a few of our tallest buildings before release. I would be happy to provide pics or any other help.

• Upvote 1

I would think that the TE US Oregon pics and video would not include the Orbx Portland Cityscape since it is not include in the TE US Oregon product.  However, once you have TE US Oregon installed, then your install of Portland Cityscape should work with it. 

Rod 

2 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

I would think that the TE US Oregon pics and video would not include the Orbx Portland Cityscape since it is not include in the TE US Oregon product.

As per the product homepage TE Oregon for XP has a Portland cityscape included. So I assume TE OR for P3d will it also have included.

There are a lot of differences between XP11 scenery packaging and P3Dv4+  packaging due the huge differences in the timing of releases (slowly being fixed) as well as the large number of P3Dv4 sceneries that are not even available yet on XP11.   The TE Oregon XP package include the Portland ciyscape because it had never been released separately for XP11.  

However, with the Portland cityscape already freely distributed for P3Dv4+, it would make no sense for Orbx to include it in the TE US Oregon distribution causing everybody who already had it to reload it again.  

Rod