Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

Any news about Global Airport Pack for v5?

Have you tried the old version?  I doubt honestly that the compatibility has changed that much.

15 minutes ago, Ripcord said:

Have you tried the old version?  I doubt honestly that the compatibility has changed that much.

No, but no this addon for download in Orbx Central for v5 till now.

V5 creates a lot of problem with default airports appearing under added sceneries.

Just take a look at PNW CBB7 as an exemple.

Hope that the next HF will improve..

Default CBB7

IHpEMN8.jpg

PNW CBB7

Z8o7Y3r.jpg

rqSS5Qr.jpg

Gérard

Edited by gaab

Nothing wrong with the last photo. All my planes look like that after I have landed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, chumley said:

Nothing wrong with the last photo. All my planes look like that after I have landed.

I am sorry for you - may be you should change of hobby ;)

Gérard

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, gaab said:

V5 creates a lot of problem with default airports appearing under added sceneries.

Just take a look at PNW CBB7

Hello Gérard, that doesn't look like the CBB7 in PNW at all.

2020-5-26_14-46-42-554.jpg

For what it’s worth, I tried a little experiment to see if ANY of these global freeware airports were compatible in v5, and my results weren’t promising at all. Every one I looked at had double buildings, misplaced static objects, and didn’t look quite right. 

Ive disabled them for now, and will await any updated versions in the future. My personal thoughts are it will be an immense amount of work for Orbx to get these looking right. I wouldn’t blame them if they didn’t bother to be honest.

The main issue I found with the global freeware airports is the stock airports building showing through. It looks like this is a P3DV5 issue. You can delete the stock airport buildings using ADE if you are comgortablw with that.

Greg

I looked into this deleting stock airports, unfortunately, the way P3Dv5 have done the scenery, you end up losing other stuff as well. It really is a major hassle I can’t be bothered with. Being as I’m not that bright lol

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Gérard, that doesn't look like the CBB7 in PNW at all.

Hello Nick,

Thanks for your screen shot.

Seen from above, I get the same view.

oUXWx9v.jpg

But did you try starting from runway 29 ? The result is "surprising".

There are two levels. The start is under the surface you see from airborne.

EU8zyKA.jpg

just few meters above

539SgG2.jpg

And you should try to take off from runway 11, the result is in French "renversant" : stunning and sometime collapsing...

Sorry, I was not able to take a screenshot of that collapse...

Gérard

58 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

I wonder if you have another addon there?

Not as I know, but...

I only have Orbx Global, OpenLC NA, PNW and Orbx airports in that area.

Searching *CBB7* I have ADE_FTX_PNW_CBB7_Tipella_CVX.bgl in PNW

After cross checking with p3dv4, I discovered that "ADE_FTX_PNW_CBB7_Tipella.BGL" was missing in my V5 !

Don't know what happened - Thanks for bringing my attention on that point.

Problem solved - I will do a verify files in case of other missing files (I pretty sure that I am the culprit :()

Gérard

12 hours ago, gregmorin said:

The main issue I found with the global freeware airports is the stock airports building showing through. It looks like this is a P3DV5 issue. You can delete the stock airport buildings using ADE if you are comgortablw with that.

Greg

Its not issue but intended action. LM added a lot of new buildings, even on old airports, it needs new kind exclusions and blocking.

Pity that many old sceneries needs to be updated for this. Its a lot of work again. I did it for few airports more important for me (freeware addons also) manually. Maybe Orbx for Freeware Airports set will do it automatically to save many time (if the process like this exists).

Here how to do this with ADE: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/119543-How-to-remove-new-airports-buildings-in-P3Dv5

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, YoYo said:

Its not issue but intended action. LM added a lot of new buildings, even on old airports, it needs new kind exclusions and blocking.

Pity that many old sceneries needs to be updated for this. Its a lot of work again. I did it for few airports more important for me (freeware addons also) manually. Maybe Orbx for Freeware Airports set will do it automatically to save many time (if the process like this exists).

Here how to do this with ADE: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/119543-How-to-remove-new-airports-buildings-in-P3Dv5

Interesting YoYo. Thank for the clarification.

Greg