SeaToSky

TE British Columbia / TE Alberta

First off, I'd like to say that I'm a big fan o the TE add-ons from Orbx. I've been purchasing them as they're released for P3D.

I'm still using Jon Patch's add-ons for BC which is over 10 years old, so I was wondering if there may be any future plans or talks in regards to expanding the TE PNW (or TE Alberta) up into the Canada region? I'm sure the developers at Orbx have been keeping very busy, but would be interested in knowing if this may one day be on the radar of Orbx.

• Like 1

Its a great idea and I believe that the subject was broached (possibly BC) when TE Washington was first released.

Going from memory (always dodgy these days:rolleyes:), but I think that the answer was that the cost of the base photo scenery for Canada was very expensive through their suppliers available at the time , which made it unrealistic to develop scenery for that part of the world unfortunately.

However, perhaps one of the developers could either confirm that still is the case or perhaps update as you have requested. 

It is an absolutely stellar idea . I'm a supporter too. If it could happen take my money please ! :)

Cheers

Renault

• Thanks 1

Yep, Renault, I remember the same discussion.  I would be willing to pay more if it cost Orbx more to acquire the aerial images but, of course, there is a limit to what would be marketable.

Rod  

I agree, I'd be willing to pay a premium for it as well. I wonder what it would take to make the end costs justify the profit margin.

I wonder if it's access to a combination of services like Canadian GIS, and photo data. There's some good Canadian Open Data resources available online: https://canadiangis.com/data.php but I'm sure the rules are pretty different for commercial purposes. Would be interesting to know if there are more than one reliable, and possible open source map data available that would allow for commercialization in their license.

Hi

I asked the question some time ago. I’m sure it was a cost issue.

Again I would be happy to pay a premium for TE BC.

Maybe one day.