After a minor hiccup, it's all working fine. Still working on getting my new system settled down, but I wouldn't have attempted this in V4. Still think I prefer the XP version but this is real good to have as it opens up a different world of aircraft and scenery addons.

Out of the default KSEA and off to check out the city

knlSAuc.jpg

EWecN2s.jpg

ijvaz1v.jpg

phM4x4L.jpg

All 4k, pretty much everything maxed out.

• Like 9

Nice shots...and wanna share what the 'hiccup' was? 

Could you also take some shots with the FPS counter displayed. That would be an important consideration, as well...thanks!

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Orbx Flyer said:

Andy, any chance of installing this in v4.5 and taking shots of all of Larry's freeware and PNW Ferries?

Sorry, I'm in the process of removing v4, and I don't have PNW ferries anyway.

45 minutes ago, Orbx Flyer said:

Nice shots...and wanna share what the 'hiccup' was? 

Could you also take some shots with the FPS counter displayed. That would be an important consideration, as well...thanks!

The problem was an issue with the first few downloads of the product. I think the separate TE Libraries weren't available initially but all downloads should be ok now. As for the FPS counter, it wouldn't show you much on my system - I'm fixed at 30 fps and I'm getting that ok (but I do have a chunky setup - see my sig)

1 hour ago, Caluma65 said:

Very impressive set of shots

Cheers Calum, it ain't the shots - it's what you're shooting!

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Looking grand these Andy.

Thanks Iain. It's good to see these products heading out into the P3D world, but I certainly wouldn't have been able to do this on my previous machine with V4. Not sure which of those two things was the major limitation, but I suspect V5 has actually given me the most benefit in terms of smoothness and the 3950 may have been the solution to the stutters. Plus hopefully MFS2020 will be have enough new core code to take advantage of all the cores.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Looking good

I need to see more pics

Cheers

There's quite a few before and after pics at the er...'other forum for P3D'...., starting with 'A'....look for poster called; Kaha...

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Still think I prefer the XP version

Can you please explain why?

Thank you for posting and I'm a bit disappointed about the misalignment of KSEA in the first shot.

4 hours ago, adambar said:

Impressive shots indeed. :)

5 hours ago, BradB said:

These shots look great Andy . :):)

1 hour ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Andy, wow!   Incredible with the True Earth.  

Like I said, this scenery is pretty damn impressive - it's (almost!) impossible to get a bad shot

1 hour ago, bvdboomen said:

Can you please explain why?

Thank you for posting and I'm a bit disappointed about the misalignment of KSEA in the first shot.

BVD (|Ben?), difficult to put my finger on it precisely. I don't mean that there's any particular difference between the two Orbx products (altough there may be for all sorts of technical reasons, I guess), just that I still prefer the feel of X-Plane. The visuals are just different in the two sims, although this new version of P3D has, for me anyway, moved a bit closer to the XP way of displaying the world, but somehow the atmospherics in XP just appeal more to me. Plus, I really, really, like the roads in XP - the freeways are one of the wonders of flight simming (odd though that reads), and I also like the easy way of recording/playing back a flight in XP. It means I can stay in the cockpit for the whole flight, but come out and move around and take screenshots afterwards via replay.

As for the KSEA setup, I'll be using DD's airports anyway but of course I can't post them here.

• Like 2

A wonderful set of images Andy and some great constructive discussion in the following posts too which is always a welcome sight.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful set of images Andy and some great constructive discussion in the following posts too which is always a welcome sight.

Thanks Martyn, I don't post much these days but with all the new stuff I got all excited again. Once I've got things settled a bit more I might stick up a post with my thoughts on the Ryzen processor and how it works with v5 etc. Just in case it's useful to anybody contemplating the same move.

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice shots.

Cheers Jack, appreciated!

• Thanks 1