Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Pedestrians should really be social distancing. This definately needs looking at. Or am I wrong and the sliding scale sets the spacing?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know for a fact that bottom marina dock should have four boats berthed on it.  Tisk tisk.

 

The commentators at FS Elite will have a field day with that one.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, W2DR said:

I wonder how many of us remember those days..............

I do, and I remember how wonderful it was at the time!  And crude as the display was by our standards today, this was a pretty amazing product for its time.  We've come a long, long way, but those of us who are old enough remember how great the early versions of FS seemed at the time.  I, for one, stuck with FS 5.1 for a long time.

Ken

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ken Terry said:

I am always concerned about the many posts where members of the forum complain that the view out the cockpit needs correction.

Hers are some examples

That village is missing a church

That town does not spread into the trees like that

There is a new runway at that airport when will you fix it.

I fly that approach in real life and in the sim it is missing some buildings.

I am sure you can all remember many more of these.

Here is simulation when there were no complaints

iJmZpiY.jpg

And here is the same airport simulated today

wtgRDFy.jpg

Give it a rest guys, enjoy what you have.

Cheers

Ken

 

So... the top is MSFS 2020?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ken Terry said:

Give it a rest guys, enjoy what you have.

This is the way to enjoy life!

 

However, there can still be ideas to improve it. The coffee in front of me is too empty :o:rolleyes:...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm always happy with what I have but then again I don't Sim very often any more so I'm always (re)learning how to make it work and don't have time to find any faults (if there are any).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the graphical complaints come from the fact that many games look superior regarding detail, resolution, lighting, etc. compared to flight simulators and seem to need less hardware specs. Yes I know, not the whole world, not too many parameters to simulate.

The other complaint is more or less (I think!) that there isn't really much changed since 2006 regarding the ESP sims.

People want to make the next step which is in due: X-plane Vulkan, P3D DX-12, MSFS2020, to find out that there's still nothing much changed or not perfect because we unconsciously compare it with other games. I mean, just look at this three year old video:

 

BTW, I'm not complaining, just adding my two cents. :)

 

Cheers,

Ben.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What amazes me is that I paid about the same amount for the first version of MSFS as I did more than a decade later for FSX!  Considering the time lapse and economic factors I paid lots more in real terms for version 1!  Never regretted a single dollar and yes I revisit Meigs and surrounds once a year or so - still miss those amazing colour contrasts of version 1  'tho :D

Edited by TerribleT
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a time when MSFS was all about flight dynamics and procedures. FSX changed all that. Now it's just an eye-candy simulator. And FS2020 will just make it worse. Why isn't there a car in my driveway?................

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, W2DR said:

There was a time when MSFS was all about flight dynamics and procedures. FSX changed all that. Now it's just an eye-candy simulator. And FS2020 will just make it worse.


I'm all for people having their own opinions, but had you even seen this video and understood the points it makes before typing that comment?
 



I can understand people not in the alpha testing groups believe it's primarily an improvement to the visuals (which is important to VFR flying anyway), there are actually fundemental changes being written into the base sim. Aircraft are affected by moving air masses, meteorological conditions and the impact they have upon an airframe. Much more data is being processed natively (as opposed to 3rd parties writing their own physics) to increase the feeling of realistic flight.

Eye-candy? Yes, and so much more.
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, I've seen the video. But the vast majority of the folks who will buy MSFS2020 are doing it for the eye-candy not the aerodynamics. I haven't seen one single post that said "wow, I can't wait to experience the latest in aerodynamics". But there are thousands of posts talking about the scenery.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't it why one buys Orbx scenery for the eye candy?  That's all I see in the screenshots!  P3D looks ugly without it. :D

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that the jet pilots who fly A-B at 30,000 feet or more may not care that much about scenery accuracy but for others who fly low and slow and have the ability to hover, they may actually want as much accuracy as possible. There is nothing wrong with that, its just a different set of priorities.  Settling for what is provided just results in mediocrity, asking for more raises the bar and increases quality.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2020 at 5:06 AM, W2DR said:

There was a time when MSFS was all about flight dynamics and procedures. FSX changed all that. Now it's just an eye-candy simulator. And FS2020 will just make it worse. Why isn't there a car in my driveway?................

 

REally?  I found FSX aerodynamics mostly a step up from FS2004, most aircraft 'feel' better and the tendency to resist a turn was much reduced.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, John Dow said:

 

REally?  I found FSX aerodynamics mostly a step up from FS2004, most aircraft 'feel' better and the tendency to resist a turn was much reduced.

 

I agree. But we're not talking about FSX vs. FS9. Do you have a PPL (I do )? If not, what is the basis for your comment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember it well, especially the version that was only SF bay, big box with a think manual and a large 1m paper map with airfields and vor marked on it.  I swear my first 20 years of sinning were just as enjoyable or more so than the last 20 years. DI Tornado, Gunship 2000, M1 Tank platoon, Dambusters etc, what a selection there was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2020 at 11:43 PM, W2DR said:

Sure, I've seen the video. But the vast majority of the folks who will buy MSFS2020 are doing it for the eye-candy not the aerodynamics. I haven't seen one single post that said "wow, I can't wait to experience the latest in aerodynamics". But there are thousands of posts talking about the scenery.

 

What you say shows, that you haven't watched all of the MSFS preview videos. Otherwise you would know that the deveopers are strongly emphasizing correct flight dynamics in their development work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, W2DR said:

 

I agree. But we're not talking about FSX vs. FS9. Do you have a PPL (I do )? If not, what is the basis for your comment?

 

It was actually you who indirectly said fsx was a step back from fs9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2020 at 11:05 PM, F737NG said:


I'm all for people having their own opinions, but had you even seen this video and understood the points it makes before typing that comment?
 



I can understand people not in the alpha testing groups believe it's primarily an improvement to the visuals (which is important to VFR flying anyway), there are actually fundemental changes being written into the base sim. Aircraft are affected by moving air masses, meteorological conditions and the impact they have upon an airframe. Much more data is being processed natively (as opposed to 3rd parties writing their own physics) to increase the feeling of realistic flight.

Eye-candy? Yes, and so much more.
 

Flight dynamic models are one thing but  I wonder what the 'atmospheric model' will be like? - as a R/L soaring pilot I have yet to fly a simulator that as an accurate atmospheric model - Condor 2 is the closest I have flown, the others are all pretty lacking - some woefully so..I hope FS2020 is better - but the lack of a sailplane in the 'package' so far does not fill me with confidence.

 

Edited by ducati900ss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...