jetset

resolved Everything is Flat in TE Florida?

Hello,

just a quick question as I'm not sure if my TE Florida is correctly installed/ is in the correct position in my scenery.ni

But when I fly over Florida most of the landscape looks like in the screenshot? Is it normal that it is so flat (also the buildings are just pictured?)

Thx in advance

Mark

TE Florida.JPG

Not enough info on your problem. Attach your "log.txt" & "scenery_packs.ini" files please.

@jetsetIt is probably incorrectly layered in your scenery_packs.ini so please attach your scenery_packs.ini file as requested by Sentry11

Re-arranged your "ini" file a bit, Jon may want to do a little more adjusting later.

Would like to see a few more screenshots of the situation, but at a lower altitude.

scenery_packs.ini

OK your scenery pack is attached. I just made a very minor change to the one that Sentry did. I just moved the Key West overlay file to just under the Key West airport file.

Two things I need from you now please.

The size of your TE Florida Custom folder and your TE Florida Overlay folder. I need the gigabyte and numbers of folders for each please so I can compare and see if you have all the files installed.

I also need to know if you have World Objects set to Max in your XP settings. If not then you need to have at Max to see any autogen buildings and Objects otherwise you will just get ortho imagery and no autogen/buildings as you are saying you currently see.

scenery_packs.ini

Hi Jon&Sentry,

thanks a lot for your inout first. I made the necessary changes within the scenery.ini and test the settings regarding the autogen buildings oand objects (test it between high and max)

Also I run Orbx Central to to check if all TE Florida files are installed. Everythinh was finde there

So below are two screeshots (first (TE FL1)with high settings in world objects and the second (TE FL2) one is with max settings)

TE FL2.JPG

TE FL1.JPG

You didn't give me the size of the 2 files I asked for. TE Florida Custom and Overlay. Something is not fully loaded because if your World Objects is set to max you should be seeing lots of autogen and buildings.

I also need to make sure you don't have a backup copy of TE Florida by opening Orbx Central and settings/downloader,. See the pic below for the location of any backup copy and whether that option is ticked. If it is then untick and delete the backup copy. If it is corrupted in any way it will be using the corrupted backup copy as the template for running the Verify Files option which only perpetuates the problem.

Once you have done that then run the Verify Files option again.

Please remember to give me the file sizes so I can tell if they are fully downloaded.

1.thumb.JPG.e5cde4bdcf7f25b9a2d9226e8236d9e9.JPG

Hi Jon,

thx again for your reply.

The size of the requested folders are as follows:

The TE Florida Customs Folder has a size of 2,34 GB (2349 files)

The Overlay Folder has a size of 10,6 GB (65.959 files)

And I unticked the folder you mentioned above and delete the backup files

Rgds

Mark

9 hours ago, jetset said:

Hi Jon,

thx again for your reply.

The size of the requested folders are as follows:

The TE Florida Customs Folder has a size of 2,34 GB (2349 files)

The Overlay Folder has a size of 10,6 GB (65.959 files)

And I unticked the folder you mentioned above and delete the backup files

Rgds

Mark

The file sizes look correct compared to mine.

Did you run the Verify files again as i suggested after you depleted the backup copy? You don't mention that you did in your post.

I would like you to attach a pic in a built up Urban area please so i can see if there is the correct amount of buildings being shown. Your 2 pics are in rural areas where there is not much autogen anyway,

Be sure to have your World Objects setting at Maximum as far right as the slider goes, when you take the screenshot. Try a pic at Miami or Orlando or somewhere with a lot of buildings.

5 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

The file sizes look correct compared to mine.

Did you run the Verify files again as i suggested after you depleted the backup copy? You don't mention that you did in your post.

I would like you to attach a pic in a built up Urban area please so i can see if there is the correct amount of buildings being shown. Your 2 pics are in rural areas where there is not much autogen anyway,

Be sure to have your World Objects setting at Maximum as far right as the slider goes, when you take the screenshot. Try a pic at Miami or Orlando or somewhere with a lot of buildings.

Yes I run the verify files again without any reports or problems.

Attached now a pic of Orlando and one from Miami

Miami.JPG

Orlando.JPG

Please attach a pic of your XP settings and your XP Log file when you finish a flight and TE Florida

4 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

This looks like it's being ran on really low object settings as there are some buildings appearing

I agree. I am sure it is the World Objects setting causing the issue.